Part 2

A Distant Memory

Time drifted. Memories got lost in the busy life, but they were never forgotten. Rose found her ways over her heartache and Jackson very well did the same. 

 

~Seoul, South Korea~

"Now that we are much comfortable with each other," The leader, JB announced, "Let's share of each other's past. Anything. As long as you feel comfortable, go head and share."

The floor was open for the group to jump in. Each mind gathered what they wanted to talk about.

"I see that this will only make us closer so I'll start first." Clearing his throat, he proceeded. "I came here from Thailand at a very young age. My mother worked hard to get me here. She would work a day job and a night job to save up to send me to Korea. My two older brothers went away to school so I only got to see them a little. Growing up, I also had to take care of my little sister. I often was jealous of other kids who had dads. I really wish I grew up knowing my dad but he was very sick ever since I was born and passed away when I was 4 years old. My mom was still pregnant at the time with my sister. I want to give back to my family as much as I can from here on." Tears ran down BamBam's cheeks, soaking them. Everyone was silent and the two that sat next to him, Jr and Yugyeom, hugged and patted his back soothingly.

Giving a moment to the crying member, next was the guy who was named the mom in the newly, assembled group of seven, Jinyoung. "I guess I'll be next. Well, my older brother and I share a similar dream. We both wanted to become performers and entertainers, but he is now serving in the army and had to put aside his dream for the country. He is my motivation to do well and not celebrate my success in music for myself, but him too. He's my motivation." Heads nodded as he lifted his fist as a 'fighting' encouragement.

"I'm fairly new to you all since I only trained for 7 months so please guide me. The only thing on my mind right now is starting a true friendship with you guys and help move on forward as a group who will prosper in the future and forever." Youngjae's words were short, but what he had to say was respectfully received.

Next was the youngest male of the group, Yugyeom. "I often fear making friends because I am afraid of losing them to death. I had a best friend when I was in eighth grade who was battling a severe lung cancer. He's no longer here and from time to time I'd think of him and where in life he'd be now if he was still alive. I really miss him. A lot. Losing him has left a big scar in my life." His voice shook mentioning of his deceased friend who was like a brother to him. His eyes watered but he didn't dare let them fall.

The Chinese, red hair member spoke up minutes after. Mark took a deep breathe and being his quiet self, all ears where anticipating what he had to say. "I am very insecure and shy. I can't hold a conversation well and when I try to, I end up mumbling. It is a constant self-war that I want to overcome. I want to be able to express who I am without being restricted by my conscious that puts me down saying I'm not good enough. I hope you all will stand by me and help me stray away from degrading myself and be more happy with who I am, how I am, and where I am in life."

JB looked to Jackson, but Jackson gestured him to go ahead and he'll tie up the sharing moment by being last.

JB agreed and spoke. "I was given the opportunity to go abroad and study at a well known university called Stanford University, but at the time of my acceptance, I was also casted to be in JYP Entertainment. They both were great offers, but obviously in the end I chose to join the company instead. My parents were disappointed in me and even today, they still are. I haven't heard from them for a year now and I feel like a terrible son to them. It's as if they've disowned me. I want to prove to them that I am capable to do well with my talents and hope that one day we will reunite as a family again." His story was heart-aching and he had also bursted into tears.

If a pen was to drop, it would echo in the quiet and still dance room. All faces looked dull and the atmosphere was cold. Jackson looked at his folded hands and closed his eyes seconds after. It was his turn to spill, yet he wasn't sure how to word it simply enough so the members would understand his pain. "I........I broke the heart of someone I love. We dated for 2 and a half years. In fact, it would've been our third year today if I didn't have to risk her for my dream." He sniffed. "The night before I left Hong Kong to come here, I had spent it with her. In the early morning, I left her side without telling her in person how much I love her. Instead, I told it to the paper hoping the paper would explain it to the girl I love. That was stupid of me. I could've been a better man and told her myself, but I didn't. We haven't spoke since then or will we ever speak again. She's a distant memory now, but I still wonder how she's living and if she misses me just as much as I miss her. I would think that the year that passed would heal my brokenness, but it hasn't."

All members shed tears for the other and gave hugs as comfort. As if the tears and the hugs were magical, the room became warm and smiles came after. They had to break down their walls to help them open up and loosen the burden in their hearts. With each member telling of their past or struggles, they seemed to have been pulled closer together. Knowing each other's weakness, they all now know where to stand as strength. 


----

~Hong Kong~

I was strolling the market buying groceries when my cart had bumped into an older lady's cart.

"I am sorry." I apologized.

"Oh, it's fine sweetheart." She smiled to ensure that my carelessness was okay. "Wait, why do you look so familiar? It's as if I almost know who you are."

I was surprised at her comment. I don't recall ever meeting her in my life. "Oh, is that so? Maybe you've met someone who looked similar." I smiled at her cuteness trying to investigate who I looked like.

"I remember now! You look like my son's girlfriend!" She applauded herself for remembering.

The last time I checked, I was single so clearly, the lady had mistaken me. "I am currently single so I think you've mistaken me." I kindly informed her with a smile still on my face.

"Well, you see, my son left the country for work. He told me a couple times that he'd bring his girlfriend home soon to meet his father and I because he said she was the one he wanted to marry after college."

I nodded at the lady's story. I was about to stroll away from the aisle, but she continued on with her story and I knew well that I couldn't just leave because that'd be really rude so I stayed in place.

"He was about to enter university, but he was called to Korea for work because the company found him talented. Anyways, he had showed me a picture of her and she looks exactly like you."

My heart trembled at the mention of Korea. "Korea?" I whispered.

Without stopping, she went on. "He said I'd get the chance to meet her soon, but after a year since he left, he never spoke of her again. I want to ask him of her, but then again I'm sure he'd tell me once he feels that it's the right time to. It's unbelievable how my son would hide his relationship for 2 and half year and tell me of the girl he admire then suddenly never speaks of her again, am I right? That kid." She chuckled at her son's mysteriousness.

My heart trembled again at the mention of 2 and a half years.

I was now intrigued by her story, but she had already ended it. She looked at me with her smile still on and it vanished as she saw my face that probably looked pale. "Sweetheart, are you alright?"

"Yes, I am fine. It's just your story was very fascinating to listen to. I mean, your son....he seems like he's very close to you." I covered up my idea of getting more information of her son because he sounded so familiar to someone from my past life.

"Oh yes. He's my baby boy and my only boy so we have a special bond." One could tell that she loved her son very much just by the way she speaks of him so heavenly.

"By any chance, was he a fencer?" Shoot. I let the cat out the bag by being so oblivious of my words. Just great.

"Yes, actually he was on his way to the Olympics but then—" She then stopped in mid sentence. "How do you know he was a fencer?"

Mentally, I slapped myself across the face. "Oh, I um—....I heard from a couple friends speak of someone who was a fencer but left to Korea for his dream or something like that."

Easily buying it, the lady nodded. "I see. Jackson knows a lot of people so they probably speak of him that's how you heard." 


Her smile never left her face and I felt guilt for lying to her but I had to. At the mention of his name, I felt my knees weakened. "I must go now. Have a good day." I took steps away from her and after a year of feeling as if I've completely disconnected my life from Jackson Wang, I happen to encounter a piece of him that makes all my memories and the heartbreaking experience flow back into my life. Maybe it still hurts cause the pain had never subsided. I was just numb and thought I was over the issue, but I guess I am not. 

 

 

Author's Note: At first, I planned this Jackson one-shot to be two parts only, but it's turning out to be more of a story, so I guess it's going to be a story!? Hehehe. Please leave comments belowz I love hearing from my readers so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions. :) Other than that, this  chapter/part is to open up who Got7 is and share of each member's story or character. Thanks for your support! Happy Friday! Fighting! ^^