Part 5

A Distant Memory

I warned Lisa to not let her date with Henry to go downhill if I start to react negatively with Jackson. As her best friend, I didn't want to ruin it for her. This is her time, not mine. We made our way to the movies to meet up with the guys. I was no where excited. I was actually uncomfortable and a bit upset having to face Jackson after the other day.


"Good evening." Henry greeted Lisa with a quick kiss and me with a wave. He wrapped his arm around Lisa's shoulder and they trotted forward.

My eyes wondered to find Jackson no where. Maybe he denied coming after all. I guess third wheeling isn't too bad. Lisa and Henry had already turned the corner brick wall and I soon followed after, but my shoes collided with someone else's.

"I'm sorr—" I met eyes with the person. "Watch where you're going." I glared at him blankly like a total stranger

Jackson heaved with an annoyed smirk. "Well, hello to you too." He skipped forward to reside next to me.

"Don't stand too close."

"Why?" He nudged my arm.

I halted to turn to him and without an expression. "This is Lisa and Henry's date. I don't want to ruin it for them so stay in your bubble and leave me in mine."


My statement made me envision our old dates. They were sincerely precious, but now they're just meaningless. Jackson strolled a few steps behind me and he remained to himself after I addressed our needed space. Truthfully, I did want him close, but the closer he got, the more hurt I felt. It was warm to know he was here next to me yet I push him away so much. I wonder what's going through his mind right now? Does he want to hug me as much as I want to hug him?


Finally in the theatre, Lisa and Henry sat two rows down from me. I somehow expected Jackson to come situate himself beside me or at least a couple chairs down, but he didn't. Instead, he sat the in the below mine by the end. He was actually obeying my order of getting out of my bubble and suddenly it strikes my heart. Throughout the night, it was surprisingly peaceful and quiet between Jackson and me. We didn't exchange words or glances. It was as if we've both turned invisible towards one another. As soon as the night came to an end for the two love birds, we parted. It was as if Jackson and I were only there to serve as babysitters.


"How was hanging out with Jackson?" 

"Nothing. We didn't talk or anything."

Lisa stopped to look at me. "Rose, I know how you feel about him and time is running out."

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Jackson are both so stubborn!" She let out a slight for of frustration. "Henry and I did this in hope that you two can talk things out! Rose.....Jackson is going back to Korea tomorrow." She calmed afterwards.

"Lisa, time tells. It's obviously not possible between Jackson and me." My voice tried to sound reasonable, but there was no reason left in me. "When will he be.....back? Do you know?" I attempted to not sound desperate wanting to know though I am.

"Henry said Jackson will possibly be gone for 2 more years until he can visit again. He'll be busy here on out." Lisa sighed with disappointment.


That was it. I've forgotten how regret felt and tonight, I regretted the distance I created. I could see that Jackson did try with great effort to just simply talk, but I was too hardheaded to be accepting. Truth is, I didn't want to establish another attachment with fear that I'd lose him again.


----

Henry and Jackson drove home and Henry found the silent air questionable.

"How was it for you tonight?"

"It was pointless. I could've finished packing instead, you know?" Jackson peered out his window on the passenger side.

"You and Rose didn't talk?"

"If you count us bumping into each other as a conversation..."

"You two are ridiculous." Henry shook his head, not being able to wrap his mind around the two stubborn individuals.

"Tonight confirmed it for me." With his eyes closed, Jackson leaned back into his seat.

"Confirmed what?"

Jackson gave himself a moment before replying. "I'm done with this pursuit. I'm giving up. Tomorrow I head back to Korea and I'm starting new."

"Are you sure? Positive?"

"I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could come back and have everything the same. Rose changed and I should too."

----

In the early sunrise, Jackson was sent to the airport to catch his flight. His parents shed some tears, telling him to call at least twice a week or so. Jackson has seen so many airports and got so use to the feeling of leaving one place to another that he didn't find it to be very saddening anymore. He did prepared himself to step back into Korea as a new Jackson Wang. 

On the plane, he replayed the last night he had to spend with Rose. He recalled how she'd pace her walk faster than his to avoid him, how she didn't mutter a word, how she excluded his existence, and how emotionless she way the entire time. He saw that her feelings ran dry and he was so stupid to not have seen that from the start. He felt foolish for being the one trying so much to bring them back when obviously she wasn't pushing for that. After realizing why he couldn't fit himself into her puzzle, he accepted the fact that he was long gone from her life. Jackson then started imagining all the beautiful girls that were attracted to him since his relocation to Korea. He had turned so many down because of the faithfulness he had for one girl back home in Hong Kong. Tears found their way down his cheeks as if he was letting go of his feelings for the better. Inwardly, he made a promise that the minute he steps off the plane onto the new land, he was going to forget whoever Rose is, but until then, he'll take the long hours to reminisce and relive some good memories of his.

 

 

Author's Note: I'm here with an update finally. Share your thoughts and predictions below! :) Obviously this isn't the end, but this is definitely the turning point. I have a big idea planned out in the upcoming chapters and I hope to bring it alive as best as I can. Thank you for sticking around still! Don't lose Jackson feels yet, loves! Hehe ^__~.

 

 

SHOUTOUT TO--------> @Foreverhis ! Thanks for the latest comment! :D