Movies and odd women

Undefined Forever

Luhan scrambled out of the cinema, biting into his lower lip. The movie had ended on a bittersweet note, spoiling his previously blissful mood. It wasn't that he hadn't liked it: it was that he didn't know that it would be about the connection between a mother and her child.

To make everything worse, the mother passed away much like his own did: without a word, suddenly, she just left her daughter alone in the cruel winter of reality. 

Luhan knew very well that what his mother had done before was wrong: but the movie made him think of her. How they had been close before, how she used to be a beautiful woman who seemed stronger than everyone.

Even if she hurt him, even if she shattered his world: she had loved him once... Or at least, Luhan wanted to think so. 

"Baby, it's okay..." Sehun said softly, wrapping his arms around the boy's slender waist."Let's eat something now, okay?" he asked, desperately wanting to distract his fiance.

"Okay." Luhan's response was somewhat weak as he turned to bury his nose in Sehun's shoulder, frail form trembling lightly."It's just that I feel like it was her in the movie. Throughout the whole thing... she was there, watching me. It's not that I miss her, Sehun. Because I can't really say that I miss her coldness or her scowls. I just... I just wish that I knew why she acted the way she did. Was I really such a bad child?"

"No, love. Maybe she just... wasn't ready to be a mother." Sehun said finally, rubbing the other's back soothingly."We will never know now..." he added.

"If only we could..." Luhan mumbled under his breath as he slowly pulled away, heading towards a nearby fast-food restaurant."You know, if I could talk to her one last time, I would ask her why? I just don't think that everything that happened was fair. Even if I love my life now..."

"I understand you. Maybe she had her reasons, maybe she didn't. Who knows? But let's try to forget this, alright? It's not like you can change the past."

Luhan nodded, knowing very well that the taller was right. He sighed softly, blinking a couple of tears away."I can't let her ruin my life now, can I?" he asked."I have a family now. She may have given birth to me, but she never treated me like her own... or well, not after dad left."

Sehun sighed softly, hearing sorrow instead of anger that should have been there in the boy's voice."At least you have a few pleasant memories of her." He said awkwardly finally, not quite knowing what else he could have said. He just had no idea what could have made Luhan feel a little better."So, what would you like to eat?" He asked as they reached the queue. Only a few people were ahead of them, chattering light-heartedly about casual things like school or work. 

For a moment, both boys wished that they could be like them. 

"I'll have a hamburger." Luhan mumbled, eyes fixed on the ground as a blush slowly bloomed on his otherwise pale cheeks."Sorry for ruining out date. We were supposed to have fun and here I am, moping because she died."

"Baby, at least you let it out. Nothing happened that should make you ashamed or upset." Sehun cooed gently, quickly checking if there was still someone in front of them or not before cupping the boy's cheeks and pecking his lips lightly."What she did was awful, but she was still your mother. So it's completely normal that you miss her or you want to ask her why. So don't even think that you ruined our date. We watched a sad movie, you remembered her, we will eat now and that's it. And also, we will see if someone had found your phone in the club. These are all parts of our date, okay? Just because of your sadness, it wasn't ruined. Actually, I'm happy that you trust me enough to talk to me about it."

"Of course I do... I love you." Luhan whispered, biting into his lower lip. Finally, it was their turn to order their food and the cashier was glaring at them.

"What do you want?" She asked not quite kindly as she slammed two trays down in front of them. Luhan flinched at the loud noise it gave out, shrinking into his fiance's side.

"A hamburger, fries, and a hotdog. Two cokes, also." Sehun kept his cool as he told her their order, and even let his usual charming smile tug at the ends of his lips.

The woman behind the counter just scoffed but left to get their orders. Even as they watched her retreat, the boys couldn't help but wonder why she was acting like that. Surely, they knew that not everyone accepted couples like them, but weren't cashiers supposed to act nice to their customers at all time? It was just a little weird.

Not much later, the woman re-appeared, a seemingly permanent scowl etched onto her face as she placed their food and coke on their trays. She told them how much everything would cost before almost tearing the money out of Sehun's hand. 

As they made their way to a free table, it was Luhan who started giggling madly at first. For some reason, he had just found the situation amusing, even if he knew that he should have been at least a little angry. And yet there he was, shoulders shaking a little as he struggled not to laugh out loud. Sehun joined in soon as he put both of their trays down, shaking his head a little as he glanced at the woman for a moment.

"I wonder how someone can have such a bad day." He snickered softly, glad to see Luhan seemingly forget about his mother.

"Yeah. I guess that she just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Or maybe she rolled off it." he giggled, his eyes sparkling happily.


DUN DUN DUN