XOXO; Epilogue

Wanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XOXO; Epilogue

Yifan stood as the wind breeze through his fine looking hair. He wore a black suit that very day. He could hear many voices in the room, most of them were crying. He then took a deep breath and then walked in the room. He gave a small smile to the people around him which most of them were crying.

 

“Doc, what happen to Joonmyeon?” Yifan asked the moment after Doctor Lee out from Joonmyeon’s room.

 

Doctor always had an honest expression with complicated words. Doctor Lee had a worried look that Yifan could guess that Joonmyeon was not okay. “He is in critical state now. He is in coma. He really needs a donor. I’ll put him in the priority list but I don’t know when a suitable donor will came. Let hope till then Joonmyeon could held on.”

Yifan didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know what to react, but he do know one thing that was,Joonmyeon might die. His Joon might die and he really didn’t want that to happen. He was then fell down on the chair and stared blankly; only to think about Joonmyeon.

 

Yifan then made his way to the main part of the room; the place where people were mourning to the death one. His heart felt sad upon seeing the photo surrounding with beautiful colour flowers. He then on his knee and then politely gave a bow. After finished that, he then bowed to his side, and it was Mr. Lim. He gave a smile and then politely bowed. He then turned away and noticed someone. “Joon?”

 

It was the second day but there was still no news. Of course, Yifan knew it was hard but he kept on believing because that’s the only thing that he could do. Joonmyeon was still sleeping though. Yifan sat beside Joonmyeon’s bed and watched Joonmyeon asleep. How he missed the latter. How he missed listening to Joonmyeon’s voice. How he missed holding Joonmyeon’s hand. How he missed having Joonmyeon in his arms.

“Joon-ah,” Yifan cried again.

 

Joonmyeon, who was sitting on a wheelchair, gave a weak smile, “I come to pay her a respect.”

Yifan walked toward Joonmyeon and looked in worried, “But you should rest, you just woke up.”

 

“Hey, Uncle Lim what’s wrong?” Yifan asked as soon as he saw Mr. Lim walked in Joonmyeon’s room. The look that Mr. Lim gave worried Yifan. He couldn’t tell whether it was good news or bad.

“A donor,” Mr. Lim begun to said. He then looked at Yifan and said. “There was a donor suitable for young master Joon.”

Yifan processed the words well, very well. “A donor for Joon?” he thought, shouted in his head. He blinked his eyes, sparking for hope. “Does this mean that Joon might live?” he asked, feeling nothing but excited.

Mr. Lim gave a small smile and nodded his head. He was in fact excited too. His little young master was finally able to end his suffering. But there was something in his mind that he wasn’t sure he should tell or not.

As much as Yifan excited to hear the good news, he saw the look that Mr. Lim gave. And Yifan felt curious and weird. “What’s wrong Uncle Lim?”

“I, I,” Mr. Lim sighed. He knew he just had to tell. “I knew who the donor is.”

“Oh really, who?” Yifan asked because he knew that usually donor were meant to keep as a secret but the fact that Mr. Lim knew, he felt curious.

“It’s Mrs. Jung.”

Yifan’s eyes widen in shock. “What?” of course, Yifan couldn’t believe it. He just couldn’t believe it. He then looked at Joonmyeon. If Joonmyeon knew, what Joonmyeon would feel? Joonmyeon loved Mrs. Jung as if she was his mother.

 

Joonmyeon held on Yifan’s hand and gave an ensure feeling. “I’m okay beside I have to this.” He then looked at the photo and then said, “I felt grateful toward Aunt Jung.” His other hand then touched his chest where his heart located. “I never expect for her to be the donor.” He then took a look back at Yifan and then said, “Thank you for being honest with me, Yifan.” A tear out from his eye as he remembered the gentle smile that Aunt Jung always gave to him, his second mother.

 

“Aunt Jung, tell me that what I heard is not true?” Yifan asked as he looked at the old lady calming chopping some vegetable. “Aunt Jung!”

Mrs. Jung sighed softly as she then put down her knife and faced Yifan. “I don’t know how you know about it but, it is true.” She gave the young man a smile. “It was suppose to be a secret though,” she mumbled along.

“But, but, Joon would never accept it. I just knew he wouldn’t.” Yifan protested.

“Then you shouldn’t tell him, my dear.”

“Aunt Jung!” Yifan protested again.

“I live long enough, Yifan.”

“But-”

“I love Joon like he was my child and I want him to live longer. He deserves it.”

And Yifan couldn’t protest again. Mrs. Jung pure attention, the love that she had for Joonmyeon, he couldn’t protest anymore. He just can't.

 

 “If you say so,” Yifan can’t argue. He knew Joonmyeon felt bad. He then slowly helped Joonmyeon gave his respect toward Aunt Jung.

Joonmyeon gave his best, giving his respect to Aunt Jung with his condition. He glanced at his side and noticed his Uncle Lim was the one that represented Aunt Jung’s family since the old lady didn’t has one. He then glanced back at the photo and smiled. “Thank you, aunty for always care for me, for always treat me like your own child, for giving me this heart.” He touched his heart and felt its beating. “Thank you so much.” He cried at last since he couldn’t control it anymore. He couldn’t hold it much longer.

“Joonmyeon,”

Joonmyeon turned his back and noticed his father – sweating hard – called out for him. “Father,” he softly said.

“Oh my,” Joonmyeon’s father run toward Joonmyeon and hugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter