Tomorrow at 7

Unwanted Love

Chapter 8: Tomorrow At 7:

 
Getting the paper work from Mrs. Park my father passes by me but stops. He eyes me as if  he’s the detective and I’m the criminal he’s trying to interrogate. Fearing he might see Kris’s number I pull down my sleeves and look down at the floor.
 
“Why do you seem so happy? Wipe that smile off your face,” the person I have to call my father growls angrily before heading off back into his “cave”.
 
Making sure he is inside his office I welcome back my smile. I’m not going to let that grinch ruin my day.
 
“Mrs. Park, when is my dad going to be at work the latest?” I walk up to Mrs. Park as she looks up at me curiously.
 
“Why? You got something planned?” She narrows her eyes down at me.
 
“No its just I want to play my music for once one of these nights and you know how dad dosen’t like listening to Kpop…or music in general… but anyways can you check?” I smile sweetly down at her trying not to blow it. 
 
“He’ll be home at 2 tomorrow night,” Mrs. Park finally answers my question though I could tell she saw right through me. But Mrs. Park always has my back so she let it slide.
 
“Thank you Mrs. Park that’s perfect!” I beam and hug her quickly before rushing out to meet Suho. I can’t wait to tell Kris!
 
***
Okay should I do this now? I don’t want to seem desperate or anything…
 
I pace around my room, contemplating on whether or not I should text Kris.
 
Aish just go for it Nara!
 
And without giving it a second thought I reach for my home phone, because my dad dosen’t let me have a phone of my own, and dial the number Kris wrote on my hand.
 
Each sound of the pone connecting me to Kris made me regret calling him. I’m just going to explode from all of this nervousness. Finally I get connected.
 
“What?!” A woman harshly yells into the phone. In the background loud noises of kid playing around could be heard. Whining and laughing.
 
Startled I respond, “U-um I think I dialed the wrong number. There isn’t a Wu Yi fan there, right?” 
 
“No there is, who’s calling?” The woman replies with her scratchy voice.
 
Before I could answer her I hear Kris’s voice in the background.
 
“Sooyeong it’s okay, its my friend, they need you downstairs,” Kris tells the woman who’s name is Sooyeong before taking the phone from her.
 
“Hi sorry about that. That um that uh was my uh… housekeeper,” He chuckles awkwardly. I chuckles softly right along still a little dazed.
 
“It’s fine. So um I found out when we can work on the project. Is tomorrow at 7 okay?” I ask while mentally crossing my fingers in hope that he’d agree to that day.
 
“Sounds good!” He replies.
 
“Great!” I exclaim with a little too much of enthusiasm in my voice.
 
“I-I mean cool,” I try to play it off smoothly but fail. I give Kris my address.
 
“Sorry I have to go, I’ll see you tomorrow!” Kris says.
 
“Okay see you tomorrow,” I reply a little sad that Kris has to leave. Putting the phone back I lay down on my bed and smile at the thought of working on the project tomorrow with Kris.