BIO Partners

Unwanted Love

Chapter 5: BIO Partners

Closing my textbook, I decide to call it a night as it’s almost midnight. Just before getting into bed, soon afterwards, I make my way downstairs to the kitchen and get a glass of water. Being as it is night I use my hands as my eyes to guide me, not wanting to turn the lights on to wake anybody up. But it seems as if I’m not the only one who is up. As I turn around the corner a bright flashing light could be seen in the distance. It’s coming from my father’s room. Not needing to cautiously walk, I quietly make my way towards his room and find that the door is open about an inch. Through the crack, I could see my father sitting up in his bed. A look of despair in his eyes as he shakes his head from side to side as if not wanting to accept something. I trail his gaze to here he was looking at and there on the t.v were home videos of my mother. My father and mother were in college at that time in the video and my father had played a joke on her. A sad chuckle comes from him as he watches my mother’s surprised expression as she playfully slaps him. Silently walking away from the door, I let my father reminisce the memories. I can tell this isn’t the first time.


***

“Now that you all know how a reaction balances, I have come up with a project for you all,” Mr. Oh smiles evilly. He knows the students won’t like the idea of the project and he is right as the famous groan comes from them.


“You will have to make a reaction out of the chemicals provided in class and right a written report of it at home. And don’t worry too much, you’ll get a partner,” Mr. Oh says. Students look at their wanted partner and begin to group themselves happily. 


“You will have assigned partners,” Mr. Oh adds and smirks. The look of happiness changes to disappointment.  Mr. Oh is such a troll sometimes.


“Taehyung with Jin, Daehyun with Youngjae, Yongguk and Himchan, Zelo and Jongup, Jeongguk and Jimin” Mr. Oh goes through his premade list out loud.


“Raise your hand if you don’t have a partner,” Mr. Oh says. No hands but one shoot into the air. Even though my name hasn’t been called, Mr. Oh knows the reason why I work alone.

“Oh yes, Kris,” Mr. Sehun looks at Kris who has his hand raised.


“Nara?” Mr. Oh asks for my attention. I raise my head up from my notebook.


“Yes?”


“I know that you like working alone, but would you be Kris’s partner. You speak Chinese so that would help Kris tremendously,” Mr. Oh smiles.


‘Work with a partner? Is he crazy?!’


“Uh…urm…alright?” I say not very sure.


The bells rings and I rush towards the door squeezing past other students. As I make my way through the maze of students I hear my name be called out from behind.  Ignoring whoever it was I continue on until I feel someone’s hand grip onto my wrist. Turning around I see Kris. I look down at his hand around my wrist and pull my hand out. Looking around students stop and watch Kris as if he is a crazy person for doing that to me.

“Sorry,” Kris says and bows. 


“You speak Chinese?” Kris asks me in Chinese as he goes back up from the bow.


“You shouldn’t be talking to me,” I quietly reply in Chinese answering his question indirectly.


“Why can’t I? We’re partners as it is,” Kris demands an answer.  His intense glare causes me to look anywhere but at him.


“You don’t know about me. Look I’ll just do the report myself,” I turn around and begin to leave.


“I do know about you.”

________________

I don't know if this fanfic is good so far. OTL