The Business

Unwanted Love

Chapter 2: The Business

School had gone by the same way it has always had. Staying in a boring room and listen to a teacher talk non stop for and hour an sit by myself in the lunchroom. The time had finally come for me to leave this boring place. Finding my ride, I get into the backseat and my driver, Kyungsoo, begins to drive off to my father's work. The big bold letters, Seoul Manufactoring, could be seen from up above. My father's building is a skyscraper as it has 30 floors making it a hastle to wait in the elevator and is easy to get lost in. Thanking Mr. Do, I get out of the car as Suho and Tao open the doors for me. I wish they'd stop doing that. 

The elevator doors open exposing the busy work life that goes on on my father's floor. In order to get to my father's floor Suho had to press the number 30 on the elevator panel to get to the top floor. I can't imagine what it takes for the employees to go up and down the elevator. As the doors open I see men in suits walking frantically from one side to the other delivering work files, stock data, and news. The whole place looks like a journulism room!  The three of us make our way into a seperate room, Mrs. Park's office. The doors close behind me as Tao and Suho leave and go on to do their other affairs. Mrs. Park, who notices my presence, looks up with the telephone by her ear and smiles to me as she gives a small wave. I smile and wave back as I swiftly find my usual seat at the small couch on the side of the room and fall down upon it. My tension from the entire day releases.

"Yes, Yes Mrs. Yi we have everything set up. Mr. Byun's meeting with Mr. Kim has been set for tuesday of next week....yes...of course...oh don't worry they'll have everything resolved and figured out...okay...have a good day Mrs.Yi... thank you...goodbye," Mrs. Park  puts down the phone before taking off her glasses to cover her face up with her hands.

"Is everything alright, Mrs. Park? Is something wrong?"  I ask. Remembering that I'm still in the room, Mrs. Park removes her hands from her face and puts her glasses back on. Her warm smile returns.

"Oh yes dear, everythings okay. Nothing to worry about," Mrs. Park trails off as if she is not a hundred percent sure. Not thinking to much of it I let it go.

Setting her papers aside, Mrs. Park leans back in her chair, the only time she does so when my father isn't around. "No slacking on the job" is one of my father's rules. No matter how high your position is you may not get lazy. If my father sees you get lazy, it's the last time you'll see him at the work office. 

"Did you learn anything new at school today?" Mrs. Park asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah a little. We learned about stocks in economics today," I said while examining my braclet which had been my mother's. I've always worn it everyday since my father gave it to me when I turned 13 on my birthday.

"Aahhh that's good. You'll need to know it for when you take over this business," she replies.

I scrunch my nose up. "I don't want to take over this business it's too much work. But I have to because my father says so," I mock my father at the last sentence. But the actual reason is not because the business is too much work.

"Yah, stop being lazy! And your father knows what's best for you. Besides he knows you'll take good care of the business than some stranger would," Mrs. Park says.

I sulk even further into the couch. It's true, there would be no one to take on my father's buisness. I don't have a brother or a sister. I'm an only child. But besides that, the actual reason for me not wanting to take over Seoul Manufactoring is not because of the work, no that's no problem, the actual reason is I just don't want to take over the title...

"Yes Mrs. Park, you are right," I partially whine as I speak.

Suddenly the door to the right of Mrs. Park's desk flys open as a crying employee runs out of the office. Mrs. Park jumps in her seat in fear and suprise as she straightens up and pretends as if she had been working the entire time and not slacking off.

"You worthless peice of trash! You can't do anything right!" 

I can hear my father's voice become closer and closer as he storms his way to the door. The crying employee is now long gone by the time when my father is standing underneath the doorway making sure that the person is gone from his office. My father had fired yet another of his employees. I'm surprised that he even has enough employees by how much he fires people.

My father calms down as the tint of red lessens from his face. Mrs. Park sits normally in her seat, as this is a typical situation to happen everyday. 

"Hello Nara," my father says before turning over to Mrs. Park. I say hello back.

"Mr. Kim, your meeting with Mr. Byun is set up for next tuesday," Mrs. Park says as she looks up at my father.

My father sighs before saying, "Alright, thank you Mingi." A hint of annoyance could be heard in his voice. Turning back around my father enters his office before slamming the door shut. Obviously something is frusterating him.

I begin to start my math homework as Mrs. Park continues taking messages for my father. Soon it becomes nine o'clock and I pack my school bag and wait patiently for my father to leave his office so that we may head to the car to be driven home. 

_____________________

Hey duys! :D

Much of what happened and is said in this chapter will be the center of the build up of the fanfic. 

Thanks for reading! ^^