New Student

Unwanted Love

Chapter 1: New Student

Ever since I was six, it's been the same routine all day.

Wake up

Get ready for school

Go to school

Come back home

Do homework and study

Go to bed

REPEAT

I do this EVERYDAY. And my schedule never changes, Get it? There's something missing on this list:

FUN, FREEDOM, HAPPINESS, AND FREINDS

A normal typical routine for kids my age:

Wake up

Get ready for school

Go to school

Hang out with friends or come back home

Do homework and study

Hangout/talk to friends

Go out

Go to bed

Repeat

But no, that's not my daily routine and it never will be. It's just a dream and just a wish.

~Cue the contradicting upbeat morning music~

As if by instinct my hand shoots up into the air before diving down to stop the whining alarm. The annoying beeping as come to an end. The ray of sunshine shines through my blinds causing me to regret opening my eyes. Wearily I squirm around in my sanctuary of thick blankets in hopes of getting out of my cocoon. "Ahhhh!" One false move and I tumble out of bed onto the floor with a thump. Well that woke me up.

"Aish," I mentally curse myself at my clumsiness while rubing my throbbing head. I look up at my ankle and loosen the hold of the blanket around it. The door to my bedroom swiftly opens and a head peaks in just as quickly.

"Miss Kim! Is everything okay?!" My bodyguard, Suho, booms out as he examines every corner of my bedroom as if a burglar would be in my room.

Yes I have a bodyguard. One of the orders my father demands.

I roll my eyes and a light giggle escapes from me at Suho's overreaction. "Everything's fine, Suho."

Suho's tightness in his face lessens as he takes a deep breath in relief. "Good," He puts his dark sunglasses back on slowly trying to act cool. I laugh at his dorkiness. I straighten myself up from the fall, while Suho meanwhile slowly closes the door in case something might happen at any moment. As I make my way tiredly to the door to my bathroom, I hear Suho wince in pain as he jams his foot in the door. I facepalm myself because of this pabo. I get myself ready for the day by showering and brushing my teeth half awake. Nowadays I don't even care about doing my hair and maekup and worrying about what to wear. I open the door to my bedroom and see the backs of my two bodyguards, Tao, who is the quiet one who doesn't talk at all, and Suho, who is filling in for Chen, who is on vacation. I prefer Suho over Chen as Chen is the stereotypical mean and strict bodyguard. You know the type. But if I had the choice, I would choose not to have a bodyguard at all. I don't even know why I need one anyways. People are too scared to come up to me without a bodyguard as it is. All because of my father.

Sensing my presence, they begin walking in front of me as I give them the direction to where I want to go. So ridiculous right?

I lead us to the kitchen and through the opening between Tao and Suho's shoulders, I could see my father at the long dining table shuffling through files examining them with a stern expression.

"Goodmorning father," I say behind my bodyguards. The uneasiness could be felt in the room

"Goodmorning," my father trails off without taking his eyes off of his papers, his usual self. I sigh and sit at the table at the opposite end of my father.

Miss. Wu, comes out of the kitchen and serves me the breakfast stew and I gladly thank her. Even though I always tell the workers not to do anything for me, they end up doing it anyways because of the demands of my father.

I quickly eat my stew wanting to leave this awkward silence between me and my father,

"You must come straight back home after school." I hear his voice from the opposite end. I look up to only see him still working on the files.

"Where would I go anyways," I mutter silently but loud enough for him to hear. With that I scoot my chair away from the table, causing it to screech against the floor tiles earning an annoyed reaction from my father. I head outside to be "escorted" to school.

It's the first day of Senior year and the school is full of shrieks and cheers. I make my way around the maze of excited students who stop and watch me with the look of fear mixed with sympathy. Everyone at school knows who I am. I’m not the popular girl. No that’s not the reason, it’s the complete opposite. I'm the daughter of the richest man in Seoul and maybe one of the most richest in all of South Korea. All of the students know not to befriend me, they know what comes with being my friend. You get the close examination of my father. Everyone’s afraid of him and everyone’s afraid of getting close to me.

I find my classroom at the end of the hall and see all of the familiar faces from years back. Though I haven't ever had a real conversation with them in the years I've known them. Finding an empty seat, I make my way up to it. Before sitting down I notice an unfamiliar face from behind me. Turning around I see a boy who has a cold expression like my father. I study his features until he looks up and faces me. His glare turns into a slight shy smile as he notices me looking at him. Quickly I turn around to face the front.

‘Is he crazy? Why is he smiling at me. He’s probably new and doesn’t know who I am. He looks so scary with that cold expression, but he smiled at me,’ my thoughts come flooding in.

“Alright students,” the sound of my teacher’s booming voice filling the classroom snaps me back to reality.

“Welcome to chemistry and Senior year!” The teacher claps his hands once in excitement. The students cheer in agreement.

“Good to see everyone excited! We have a new student joining us today. Yifan may you stand up,” the teacher says and searches for the said person in the classroom. I can feel the person from behind me slide his chair back as he stands up before everyone.

“Would you like to introduce yourself?” The teacher asks.

I turn around in my seat and look up at the guy towering before me. He sure is tall.

The guy nods his head as if he could care less about doing it or not and begins, “Hello, I’m Wu Yifan from China, but you may call me Kris,” he says with an accent in broken Korean. The class gives him a small wave.

“Thank you Kris,” the teacher says and signals Kris that he may sit down.

I hear whispering from a couple of girls as they watch Kris. They find him attractive.

“Today we will learn about…” The teacher begins his lesson and I begin my note taking.