Jongin

Unwanted Love
Chapter 3: Jongin
 
Due to the apparent time change the night before, I wake up to see that it's seven o'clock. An hour later than I was supossed to. Still not fully awake I lay back in bed until it actually hits me. Eyes widening I shoot out of bed now fully awake. I rush through my morning routine and skip breakfast. Forgetting about Tao and Suho I run in front of them as they trail behind trying to catch up with me. Everything around me blurs into one. With my father already in the car tapping his foot as he has been waiting for me to get there for ever, I make my way into the car. I look like a mess with my jacket out of place, my schoes untied, and my backpack being flung over one of my shoulders.
 
"I'm sorry father," I apologize by bowing. The look of annoyance is still visible on my his face. Raising one eyebrow he goes back to checking his files, ignoring me.
 
***
 
After dropping off my father at his work, Mr. Do parks in front of my school which has already started. I'm fifteen minutes late.Thanking Mr. Do I rush into my school running for my first hour class, Chemistry. I find my way to Mr. Oh's  classroom and knock on the door waiting for it to be opened. I can hear footsteps from behind the door as Mr. Oh makes his way over to it. With his jaw dropped, he is ready to yell at the late student when He realizes its me Kim Nara and turns his disapointed look into a bright happy grin..
 
"Oh Nara, your back. Come take your seat. You're not late," Mr. Oh says embarassedly, though he is glad he caught his "mistake" before he made it.
I bow in apology before making my way to my seat. Whispers could be hear as students say, "Wow she can't get a tardy? That's so unfair. She's so lucky."
 
'How could they possibly think that I'm lucky?' I think to my self.
 
Once I had settled down in my seat, Mr. Oh begins his lesson for the day, when all of a sudden my stomach begins to growl. Now I regreat not picking up a bannana along the way. I grab my stomach trying to silence it, but students look over at me at the sound. My cheeks turn a bright pink in embarrasment until my stomach finally queits down. I go back to listening to the lesson when someone from behind me ligthly taps me on the back. Hesistantly I turn around to see Kris, who introduced himself to the class yesterday. He smiles at me before looking down into his backpack as he reaches for something. I furrow my eyebrows as I watch him rumidge through his bag looking for something in particular. After some time Kris takes out a wrapped breakfast bar and hands it over to me. His face showing no sign of expression. I shake my head no which tells him that's it's fine and that I'm not hungry when all of a sudden my stomach growls again. I mentally facepalm myself. Kris gives me a are-you-serious look before knuding the bar towards my direction again. I take a while before taking the bar from his hands and thank him. Swiftly I turn around in my seat and unwrap the bar. Gratefully I eat the bar and the growling of my stomach dosen't return. 
 
'This boy is crazy for interacting with me,' I think to myself as I eat.
 
Class ends and I go through my next three classes before it is time for lunch. I find my seat at the table at the very right corner and sit down and begin to eat my sandwhich. Everyone is busy chatting with one another and laughing their heads off. I look up from my food to see Kris sit down at the empty table next to me. I watch as he observes every corner of the cafeteria as he eats. As he observes his eys settle on me and he gives me a slight wave. I quickly look away and pack my belongings into my bag and leave the cafeteria. I hope I wasn't too rude.
 
The rest of the day had been the same old same old. Mr. Do had sent me to my father's work and I made my way to Mrs. Park's office.
 
"Hello," I greet Mrs. Park who is standing up putting her belongings into her bag.
 
"Hi Nara. I was wondering that, if you want we can go get dinner together since your father will be at his office till late at night," Mrs. Park says. I nod my head in agreement.
***
"So," Mrs. Park begins after we settle down in a booth at a classy yet casual restaurant. I arrange my fork, knife, and spoon in the order that I want as I wait for Mrs. Park to continue. I look up after realizing that she wants my attention before she starts talking. With her arms corssed before her she leans over the table and asks me secretively, "Any cute guys that you've notice here?" Mrs. Park smiles as she leans back into her seat waiting for an answer.
 
I gawk at her, surprised that she's acting like a teenaged girl.
 
"Oh, dear close you mouth you'll catch a fly," She says like a mother would. 
 
I close my mouth before saying, "Mrs. Park, if my father found out that we're talking about boys, he'll send me to an all girl's school." I'm not even exaggerating.
 
Mrs. Park takes a sip of her beverage as she she makes a shooing motion with her hand. Gulping down her last sip she says, "Your father isn't here and besides your 17! Almost 18! You must be thinking about having a boyfriend." Mrs. Park gives me a you-know-I'm-right look.
 
"Oh alright," I say and shoo away the thought of my father disaproving. Mrs. Park claps her hands excitedly as I begin.
 
"Our waiter is pretty cute," I say and look over to where our waiter, Jongin, is taking orders from other tables. Mrs. Park looks over to Jongin and knods her head in agreement. 
 
"Yeah he is, we should talk to him," Mrs. Park begins to call out for Jongin. Mrs. Park's sudden act cause me to panic and Jongin begins to slowly approach us with the tray of our food in his hand.
 
"Mrs. Park! No! No Mrs. Park! Stop!" I whisper frantically but it's no use as Mrs. Park had already called him over.
 
"Here's your food, ladies. I hope you will enjoy!" Jongin says his line as he sets down Mrs. Park's plate in front of her. Before he could set mine down Mrs. Park stops him.
 
"Jongin, are you available this Saturday?" Mrs. Park asks. My eyes widen. With Jongin's back towards me I make the "no" motion with my hands. Even though Mrs. Park sees she continues on. I lean down into my seat and cover my face in emarrasment. Dosen't she know what's she's doing?!
 
"Uh yes I am, why?" Jongin asks.
 
"Would you like to go on a date with Kim Nara?" Mrs. Park asks and motions towards me. Jongin turns around and his eyes widen. Out of surprisement he knocks over my water spilling it all over me.
 
"Oh no! I'm so sorry Kim Nara!" Jongin panics and continously bows in apology. Trying to help he begins handing me napkins.
 
"It's alright," I say as I dab my shirt. This is so embarrassing. I knew he wouldn't like the idea of going out on a date with Kim Nara.
 
"Nara, your pretty and a nice girl, but I can't go out on a date with you," Jongin says. I look down at my hands in my lap.
 
"Becuase of my father, right?" I ask without looking up.
 
Jongin dosen't answer. He dosen't have to I already know the answer. Jongin continues to apologize as he leaves to go help another table
 
"Nara, I'm so sorry," Mrs. Park says with a look that tells me that she actually is. 
 
'You shouldn't have done that. Nobody will ever want to get to know me,' I think to myself as anger towards Mrs. Park builds up. Taking a look up at her I could tell that she is beating herself up about it.
 
"It's fine," I say expressionlessly and begin to eat my cooling food.
 
By the time I went to bed that night at 11:00, my father still hadn't come home. He's probably still checking his files...