Bad to Good

Unwanted Love
Chapter 8: Bad to Good
 
*Reminder: Kris and Nara are having all of their conversations in Chinese*
 
Waking up with the worst headache possible is horrible. It felt like I only got 3 hours of sleep and the stupid sun which seems even brighter than usual isn't helping. Stumbling out of bed I groan as I make my way to bathroom in search for advil. In the medicince cabinet I find the small container and pop the round pill into my mouth before gulping it down with some water. I feel so light headed as a pounding sensation fills my head. Ugh this is such a bad headache! Closing the door to the medicine cabinet, I find something so surprising. I scream at the top of my lungs and if you were outside my room you'd think I was about to be murdered. The door to my room busts open as Suho a stumbles in in a panic with a baseball bat in had turning around in all directions in a daze. Tao cooly follows him in looking as calm as alwalys.
 
"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" He continues to flail around until he sees the light coming from the bathroom  door. 
 
"Nara are you in there?! Nara?!" Suho knocks on the door which shakes as if it could crumble to pieces in any minute.
 
"Suho stop! I'm okay! Your pounding isn't helping my headache!" I open the door leacing his fist in the air before he could continue knocking. 
 
"Then why were you screaming bloddy murder? You woke up the whole house!" He demands to know.
 
"Oh...um...hehe..." I awkwardly keep my hand over my chin.
 
"Yah! You better have a good explanation Nara," Suho says.
 
"Fine its cause of this," I remove my hand from my chin and point to the huge red dot that decided to stop by this morning.
 
"She has a zit. I never seen a zit that huge!" Tao takes of his sunglasses as he looks dumbdfoundly at my chin. What surprsied me that Tao said something. He usually keeps his quiet tough bodyguard image.
 
"Hey Tao..." Suho reminds Tao and Tao strenghtens himself up and clears his thoart as he puts his sunglasses back on.
 
"You screamed because of a zit?" Suho shakes his head in a are-you-serious kind of way.
 
"I don't have to explain why," I chuckle as I push them out the door having a hard time doing so.
 
"Don't explain why to us but to your father, he's pretty pissed about it," Suho gives me a sympathetic look.
 
I sigh, "Oh great. Okay ill see you two soon." With that I close the door behind them. Well this day is off to a good start.
 
***
 
There he sits. He looks so much more intimidating then usual! I'm screwed.
 
I walk into the dining room trying to rush past so that he wouldn't notice me, but no use hiding from my father.
 
"Nara," He calmly calls out my name.
 
"Hi father. I'm sorry for screaming this morning it's cause I um well I have a good explanation its uh," I have no good explanation.. 
 
"I could care less why you screamed. I don't appreciate being woken up so harshly like that," His eyes remain glued to his files. What if a guy with a knife was making his way towards me? My father could care less about that?
 
"I'm sorry father," I bow before taking a seat as far away from him at the dining table.
 
I watch as his eyes quickly scan one file to the next, not how he usually looks at his files.
 
"What is it Nara?" He sighs as he puts down his files and finally looks at me.
 
"Nothing, it's just you seem frustrated while looking at your files, your usually so calm."
 
"I have a huge meeting with a new upcoming rival company and-" He pauses and looks back to his files not wanting to continue.
 
"And your nervous?"  Did you forget who your talking to Nara? How can that man be nervous.
 
"No that's not at all how I'm feeling," He replies but I could tell he was lying.
 
"Dad it's okay to be nervous or scared-" I get cut off by him.
 
"I told you I'm not!" The raising of his voice causes me to jump back a little in my seat.
 
 
It seems like my father won't change out of what he became.
 
***
 
This day is the worst day ever. First the huge ringing headache, then the gigantic zit on my chin, and now I forgot my lunch and I don't have any money to buy some. 

Dazing off I keep my gaze locked onto the dots and specks, that are trees and tops of lunch tables, that I don't even notice the long shadow that stretches out over me.

"What a view up here."

Being almost at the edge already, the sound of a familiar voice causes me to jump forward.

"Be careful!"

I feel the arms of the person wrap around me as he tries to keep me from stumbling. Looking up i see the person that I thought it was. Awkwardly we stare at each other, mostly trying to catch our breath, as he holds me in his arms tightly.

"Oh Kris!" I immediately bring my hand up to my chin, not wanting to bring his attention to it. No matter how much I tried this morning, I couldn't cover up the zit.

"Almsot gave me a heart attack there," He breathes in and out heavily. "Anyways do you mind if I ate lunch with you here?"

"Oh not at all," And with that we both sit down, making sure not to be too close to the edge of the building.

"How did you find me here?" I didnt think anybody ever thought about coming up here to the rooftop of the school. It's pretty hidden and I only had stumbled upon it three years ago. Ever since nobody had come up here.

"At my old school I would always eat lunch on the rooftop."

"Was it a place where yoy and your friends ate together?" I ask.

"No, I always ate by myeself. I didnt have a lot of friends," He replied. Just like me.

I just nodded my head not really sure what to say to that or how to continue.

"Did you already eat?" He asks as he notices me just fideling with my fingers.

"I forgot my lunch at home. I'm not hungry anyways," I say. And just like before my stomach growls at the wrong time.

Kris chuckles as he passes me his box of food, "Here have this." 

I look to find Chinese food and authentic homemade at that. Memories begin to flood in.

"Oh no thank you," I smile. Eating the food would just make me cry and I don't want to put him in that situation.

"You don't like Chinese food?" He asks.

"Oh no I love it but..i just can't."

Kris knods in understanment as he puts the lid back on the box and sets it aside.

"Why do you have your hand over your chin?" Kris finally decides to mention it after watching me do so for the whole conversation.

Shaking my head I remove my hand and chuckle, "I have huge zit."

"Me too!" Kris exclaims as he pushes his hair away form his forhead to reveal a zit around the same size as mine.

"At least you can cover yours up!" And with that we burst out laughing at the coincidence. 

After calming out laughter Kris asks, "So what do you think we should start with for the project?" And witht that we continue to talk about out project and out meeting a tmy house until the final lunch bell rings.

This day is turning to be not so bad after all.