Chapter 5: Haunting Dream? Or A Memory?

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 5:

Haunting Dream? Or A Memory?

 


 

 

Chanyeol can’t believe at what he had heard that day. That voice seems to be haunting him in his sleep or when he is in a daze ever since the audition that was held in the music club. It’s been a week and it’s making him go crazy for some reason.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

-Flashback-

 

The Music Club President, Hyorin instructed Chanyeol to play other instruments, aside from the guitar that he played for the other contestants earlier. It was Baekhyun’s time now to perform and was thinking of a song for her audition. Chanyeol nodded his head as he walked towards the piano and sat down as he waited for Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun looked at Sehun, asking for help as she didn’t know what song she would sing. Sehun suggested a song that Baekhyun knows, in which didn’t help the latter one bit.

 

Baekhyun bit her lower lip as her gaze turned towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked back and noticed that Baekhyun was asking for help in choosing a song. He sighed before suggesting a song for her to sing.

 

“Do you know the song “Believe”? It was a Japanese song.”

 

Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was hesitated for a while before nodding her head. Sehun looked at Chanyeol, surprised at the choice of song. Sehun must have realized something so she asked Chanyeol.

 

“Why did you choose a song that was sung by duets? Not to mention, a male and female at that.”

 

“If you are worrying about on who will accompany her to sing, just stay quiet and you’ll see, Oh Sehun.”

 

Sehun must have been pissed at Chanyeol’s attitude but didn’t show it.

 

Baekhyun gulped as Chanyeol nonchalantly said that he would start anytime whenever she’s ready to sing.

 

Baekhyun nodded her head then looked at Sehun, who gave her two thumbs up and said that she will be fine. Baekhyun held a deep breath before letting out as she looked at Chanyeol and gave the latter the signal that she was ready.

 

Chanyeol nodded his head and counted from one to three before starting to play the piano.

 

Baekhyun was staring at Chanyeol in amazement, she was very impressed at how he played the piano. She almost didn’t notice that Chanyeol was giving her a sign that it was her turn now.

 

Baekhyun let out another breath before singing,

 

“I’m not scared because I believe

Whatever might happen to us in the future, we’ll overcome it

I don’t waver because I believe ~♪♫

I’ll definitely give chase

I’ll definitely find my true self

I’m undefeated, I believe” ~♪♫

 

Baekhyun was shocked when Chanyeol also started to sing as he played the piano but then, she remembered that the song was sung by duets. Chanyeol and the others were also shocked, not only because of Baekhyun’s sweet-like voice but also because her voice blended so well with Chanyeol’s deep voice.

 

Baekhyun started to sing the first line in the first verse, followed by Chanyeol and so on.

 

“You always saved me

When my heart was about to break

Having met you

Is my greatest treasure  ~♪♫

 

(Always pretending not to see)

(To escape from getting hurt)

I played it cool, but I felt anxious

(I wonder whether I became scared)

(To be myself)

Our future selves…  ~♪♫

 

I’m not scared because I believe

Whatever might happen to us in the future, we’ll overcome it

I don’t waver because I believe

I’ll definitely give chase

I’ll definitely find my true self

I’m undefeated, I believe ~♪♫

 

I didn’t want to show my tears to anyone

So I bit my lip and feigned strength

You were always smiling brightly

You were always shining beautifully ~♪♫

 

(I’m not that weak)

(There are endless possibilities)

Every type of pain can be overcome

(Who in the world decided)

(That there’s a limit?)

My road is limitless ~♪♫

 

I’m not scared because I believe

Whatever might happen to us in the future, we’ll overcome it

I don’t waver because I believe

I’ll definitely give chase

I’ll definitely find my true self

I’m undefeated, I believe ~♪♫

 

After shedding tears

We shout our vow

To the parched sky

I don’t care if I get bruised

I’ve made up my mind” ~♪♫

 

Most of the members of the music club, including the teacher were awestruck when Baekhyun did a mid to high note. Chanyeol almost made a mistake but remained as calm as ever as he sang with Baekhyun.

 

“I’m not scared because I believe

Whatever might happen to us in the future, we’ll overcome it

I don’t waver because I believe

I’ll definitely give chase

I’ll definitely find my true self

I’m undefeated, I believe ~♪♫

 

Tears wither someday

Paint your own future

Live in the now

I’m not scared of anything

I won’t let go, I’ll hold on

Passionate feelings well up inside me

If you with me, I can face things head-on

I always keep believing” ~♪♫

 

As soon the song had ended, everyone in the room clapped their hands at the performance.   Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol just bowed, not saying anything. The instructors were quite amazed at the performance and Zhang Liyin decided announced that the results will be posted the next day

 

The Music Club President seemed to be pleased at the performance and she seemed pretty excited to be able to perform with Baekhyun, if Baekhyun passed. The male instructor, Yesung seemed to agree with the female instructor but decided to think about it.

 

Baekhyun was very nervous at the outcome of her performance but Sehun who was know beside her, told her not to be nervous and everything will be fine. Baekhyun nodded her head before bowing her head to the instructors and the Music Club President.

 

Once Baekhyun was done, she suddenly looked at Chanyeol from the corner of her eyes. Chanyeol was staring at Baekhyun with an unreadable expression before glaring at her, who turned away when she was spotted looking.

 

Everyone in the room, including the participants bowed their heads, thanking the club for being able to audition as Club hours has ended.

 

The next day, the results of the audition has been posted and Baekhyun passed the audition. After it was announced, they had to join their activities immediately. And once again, Chanyeol stiffened when he heard Baekhyun practicing in singing, along with the club president and with the help of their female instructor, Zhang Liyin.

 

-Flashback End-

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

‘Why does she have a voice that is reminding me of something…? It doesn’t make sense.’ Chanyeol thinks to himself while lying on the couch in the living room in the dorm.

 

You were always smiling brightly

You were always shining beautifully ~♪♫

 

Chanyeol abruptly sits up and ruffles his hair in frustration. ‘I seriously, am going crazy in no time if I don’t stop thinking about it.’ Chanyeol thinks.

 

After convincing himself that it doesn’t affecting him in any way, he lies down on the couch again and closes his eyes, slowly drifting to a dreamless sleep…not.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Fourteen year-old Chanyeol is sitting on a bench from somewhere, a portable piano on his lap as he plays some random songs on it. He stops playing when hears a sweet-like voice that sounded like a girl’s in his age, calling his name.

 

“Yeollie!”

 

Chanyeol smiles brightly at the direction where he hears the voice as he waves without standing up.

 

“_______!”

 

A figure sits down on the bench beside him. The figure seems to be looking at what he is doing so the figure asks.

 

“What are you playing?”

 

Chanyeol looks at his piano before replying, “Just some random songs… oh yeah! You can sing, right? Please sing something for me as I play the piano. You wouldn’t mind, right?

 

The figure must have done something that made the fourteen year-old Chanyeol smile brightly.

 

“Sure! As long as you also sing with me, then I’m fine with it.”

 

“Call! But what song that you like to sing?”

 

“How about “Believe”?  Do you know that? I saw the meaning of that song before.”

 

“Okay. I heard that song a few times before. It’s a duet, right?” Chanyeol says, smiling softly at the figure.

 

“Yep! Now start playing or I won’t sing anymore.”

 

“Arasso, arasso. I’ll start now...” Chanyeol says as he starts to play the song with his portable piano.\

 

The figure raises its arm and counted from one to three before the figure and Chanyeol started to sing,

 

“I’m not scared because I believe

Whatever might happen to us in the future, we’ll overcome it

I don’t waver because I believe

I’ll definitely give chase

I’ll definitely find my true self

I’m undefeated, I believe” ~♪♫

 

???!!!

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Chanyeol wakes up and sits up from the couch in which he is sleeping in, only to see his fiancée, Baekhyun staring at him in worry. Chanyeol stares back and both are having a staring contest. That is, until Chanyeol remembers Baekhyun’s voice during the audition. Chanyeol’s eyes changes and is now glaring at Baekhyun, which made the latter flinch and rushes in the bathroom, leaving Chanyeol alone in the living room.

 

Chanyeol sighs, ‘This is all her fault but then… ugh!’

 

Chanyeol shakes his head, trying to shake off the guilt for blaming his fiancée, who is very innocent.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Chanyeol is currently walking towards the school building, alone. He has been smiling while thinking about what happened after he got out of the bedroom earlier.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

-Flashback-

 

Chanyeol got out of the bathroom and changed inside the bedroom that he was supposed to share with Baekhyun.

 

After dressing himself  up, he went outside the room, only to notice that Baekhyun was not around.

 

“Must have chickened out by my presence…” Chanyeol muttered to himself as walked around the living room until he decided to go to the kitchen to get something to eat but stopped himself from going when he noticed something on the table. Chanyeol came closer to the table, only to see a plate of eggs and bacons with rice along with a glass of water, a typical food for breakfast.

 

Chanyeol raised his brow when he noticed a piece of paper under the glass of water. He took the paper, unfolded it and read the contents.

 

Hello Chanyeol-ssi(?),

I made some breakfast for you. Although I know you would say that I shouldn’t make something but I insist. It’s a thank you for helping me with my audition last week. Although I don’t know what you want for breakfast, I just hope you enjoy your breakfast.

Have a good day, Chanyeol-ssi.

Hwaiting!!! \(^ O ^)/

~ Baekhyun

 

Chanyeol unconsciously smiled at how thoughtful Baekhyun was. Although he was thinking that the latter must have an intention but couldn’t helped but thought that his fiancée was a sincere person.

 

Chanyeol shook his head his head and took a seat and enjoyed eating his breakfast.

 

-Flashback Ends-

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Chanyeol can’t help it but smile softly when he recalls it. But that smile fades away when he hears the scream that belongs to his fans.

 

‘What a way to ruin my mood.’ Chanyeol thinks as he walks inside the building and leads himself towards the East Building, where his assigned classroom is located.

 

Chanyeol just smiles when the girls shout his name and just accepts the gifts he receives from the girls when they give him one. Even though he wishes to throw it away in front of them but being the gentleman, he didn’t. It is very tiring for Chanyeol to put on a façade which shows that he’s happy for having their attention when clearly, he doesn’t like it.

 

Once Chanyeol reaches his classroom, he enters and notices that there’s only two people occupying the room: Kyungsoo and his in-traditional fiancée, Baekhyun. The girls didn’t even notice Chanyeol entering the room and didn’t even dare to turn their heads when Chanyeol heading towards his seat at the back.

 

Chanyeol unconsciously pouts at the lack of attention he just receives. Chanyeol sighs in defeat when he won’t be able to gain attention from those two. He lies his head down on the desk as he stares at the girls or more specifically, at Baekhyun who is laughing at Kyungsoo, who probably says something funny that cause such reaction from Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol smiles again, quite amuse to at the reactions he always sees in Baekhyun. Somehow, those reactions reminded him of something, more like someone. He unconsciously utters the name softly.

 

“Hyunnie…”

 

“Who’s “Hyunnie”, Yeol?” A voice asks him from his right side, near his ear. Chanyeol jumps from his seat, only to see his girlfriend, Sandara who is looking at him in confusion.

 

“No one, Dara-noona! Anyway, why are you here?” Chanyeol asks as he holds Sandara’s hand and leads her towards him. Chanyeol wraps his arms around Sandara’s waist as he leans towards Sandara’s stomach, feeling sleepy, not noticing the students coming inside the classroom and someone staring towards their direction.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

 

Author’s note

Omo! Chanyeol, what are you doing?! Ahahaha, just kidding *grins*

Hello again~

Here’s a short author’s note about Baekhyun’s dating issue with Taeyeon.

The issue did affect me at some point but it didn’t stop me from reading ChanBaek/Baekyeol stories and is still my favorite OTP. I also accept the fact Baekhyun and Taeyeon are dating, I didn’t mind about that. It hurts though that you will hear the news from the media, instead of the directly announcing it although they must have wanted to date in secret. It’s already in the past and I already accept the news. I still love those two: Taeyeon and Baekhyun. Baekhyun already posted the message regarding the issue so we should all let go of the issue now (for those who haven’t gotten over the issue, that is).

I will still continue to write about ChanBaek/Baekyeol and the other EXO couples too. That’s why you guys shouldn’t give up on shipping your favorite couples just because they are dating someone. *smiles*

Anyways, the song “Believe” was sung by Kato Miliyah and Shimizu Shota, a Japanese song and one of my favorites. It’s a nice song and somehow fits Baekhyun and Chanyeol *grins*

Here’s a piano cover of the song by Ayakura (just imagine Chanyeol playing it, okay?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKK2dABv6_M&index=2&list=LL1cUq9iWwuurZHopFffkvTg

That’s all and please look forward for the next chapter~

-lunaichinomiya~