Chapter 2: Being Engaged to Someone You Just Met For the First Time,

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 2:

Being Engaged to Someone You Just Met For the First Time

 


 

 

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Joonmyeon and Kris are staring at one of the kingkas in the academy, Park Chanyeol having an argument with the headmaster inside the Headmaster’s Office.

 

“Noona! I told you, it’s an accident! It is supposed to be caught by Dara-noona. Can you just consider my request, please noona?” Chanyeol looks at her sister with his aegyo.

 

Yoora looks at Chanyeol with a blank face, saying no for the nth time.

 

What really happened earlier that made the students inside the Headmaster’s Office got there in the first place? Let’s see the flashback.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

-Flashback-

 

Baekhyun looked at her hand and to her horror, she was holding an apple. She didn’t know that she was holding it until the headmaster announced that her, and a certain Park Chanyeol were now engaged to each other and will be getting married whenever they like.

 

She didn’t realize that all the students, including Jongin and Kyungsoo moved away from her until someone grabbed her wrist and pulling her. That made her snapped out of her reverie and looked up to see a very pissed off Kingka that she was asked by Kyungsoo to avoid at all cost, Park Chanyeol.

 

She couldn’t say anything as she was scared at what the kingka would do to her, especially when she could feel all the deadly stares and glares from the fans of the said person.

 

She really wanted to cry on the spot and mentally asking the heavens above as to why she was punished like this or asked what she did in her previous life to receive such punishment.

 

“You, come with me right now.” Chanyeol said, really pissed off at the turned out of events that just occurred just now. He dragged Baekhyun away from the crowd and out of the auditorium, going the Headmaster’s Office leaving Jongin and Kyungsoo behind.

 

Joonmyeon and Kris who were on stage noticed the scene and also noticed that the Headmaster went missing. They looked at each other before coming down from stage -but not before telling the secretary, Kim Taeyeon to dismissed them after they went out- and decided to go to where Jongin and Kyungsoo were before the four of them went out of the auditorium to follow the newborn couple.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

When Chanyeol and Baekhyun reached the Headmaster’s Office, Chanyeol barged in while dragging Baekhyun rather harshly. He saw the Headmaster sitting on the couch, drinking tea calmly like he wasn’t there.

 

Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun -who was now rubbing her wrist, lessening the pain from the hold- and stomped on the other side of the table across the headmaster and slammed his palms on the table, making the Headmaster looked up at him.

 

“Is there something wrong, Park Chanyeol-ssi?”

 

“Yes, there is. You might be mistaken about something. It was an accident that the girl “Oh Baekhyun” that you announced earlier is my fiancée now. You better tell them that it is not me who threw that apple. You do realize that I am in a relationship with Dara-noona and you also know that I am planning to propose to her and not someone who just came here on her first day!” He even emphasize “I am” to the headmaster.

 

“But a tradition is a tradition. Deal with, Chanyeol-ssi.”

 

“No! You fix this mess right this instance or else.”

 

“Or else, what? You have no right to threaten me, Park Chanyeol. I am the Headmaster, you’re only a student. Titles such as “Kingkas” won’t work on me as I am your sister. This is an order. You will be announced as Oh Baekhyun-ssi’s fiancé whether you like it or not.” Yoora said firmly at Chanyeol, whose face written in shock. Yoora placed the cup of tea on the coffee table before standing up and was about to go out when…

 

“NO! You can’t do this to me, noona! You know I love Dara-noona, just this once, please?” Chanyeol kneeled down in front of Yoora and was looking at her with puppy-dog eyes with matching tears.

 

Usually, Yoora was actually a er for puppy-dog eyes and aegyo, especially coming from Chanyeol but she decided not to fall for it this time as the school’s principal/headmaster/chairman/etc,

 

“No means no, Chanyeol and I won’t change my mind. Why don’t you just enjoy being in an engaged with Baekhyun-ssi? She’s cute, see?” Yoora said to Chanyeol before looking at Baekhyun who was standing awkwardly at the door. “You don’t mind being engaged to Chanyeol, right Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

“Uh… I-I…” Baekhyun couldn’t say anything as she saw Chanyeol’s eyes glaring at her, telling her to “shut up” or “don’t utter a word or else.”  As Chanyeol interrupted her by exclaiming, “Of course she minds, noona! She just transferred here and she’s already engaged to me by accident and we don’t even know each other!”

 

The Park Siblings continued with their argument and didn’t notice that Kyungsoo, Jongin and the Student Council’s President and Vice President were now with Baekhyun, who was the victim in this mess created by Chanyeol.

 

-Flashback ends-

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

And that is how they get in the office as Chanyeol begging at the headmaster and the rest are just staring at the scene.

 

“Noona! You won’t let me engage with someone I don’t know, right? Please, noona? I’m begging you…”

 

“Then why don’t you get to know each other right here, right now? And you should already know by now that our parents didn’t favor Sandara-ssi at all. They WON’T LET you marry her unless it’s someone they FAVOR. And for the last time, I said no.” Yoora firmly stated.

 

“Then I’ll make them like her. I don’t really understand why you, my family doesn’t like her. She’s cute and beautiful, smart and rich. She’s kind too. But why, is she lacking something?”

 

“You want me to be honest, Chanyeol? Then I’ll tell you. She’s not your “First Love” AND you are NOT “in love” with her. You’re only using her, Chanyeol. Using her to forget someone.”

 

“No! You’re wrong. I love Dara-noona and I won’t let you force me to be with someone that I don’t know at all and a person who is not my type!” Chanyeol exclaims, not noticing the hurt look that shows on Baekhyun’s face.

 

“Then transfer to another school, leaving Sandara-ssi here and Baekhyun-ssi will stay here. Do you want that, Park Chanyeol-ssi?”

 

“Yah! What’s with the transferring?! It’s not even included in the tradition at all!” Chanyeol exclaims in surprise.

 

Yoora smirks before stating, “Because of your stunt earlier, I forgot to announce it. You see, there’s another rule about the tradition that had been added just recently. The board of directors, who are the ones running the school decided to add something if a couple decided to break off the engagement, one person needed to be transferred to another school. That is to lessen the awkwardness of the ex-couples or whatnot. And since Baekhyun-ssi is only here for a day, I decided to transfer you in case you want to break off the engagement.” She ends her statement with a smile.

 

Chanyeol can’t say anything as he is as shock as the other people inside the office. They can’t believe the school board directors will go that far, just for the sake of the tradition.

 

Chanyeol thinks for a while then sighs before standing up from his kneeling position and looks at the headmaster before speaking, “What’s in it for me if I decided to let this slide and accept my fate, Park Yoora-gyojangnim?”

 

The Headmaster looks at Chanyeol, she can’t say she isn’t surprised but she takes this as the beginning. She looks at Baekhyun and notices the four students as she smiles at Baekhyun before looking back at Chanyeol.

 

“I’ll leave you and your current girlfriend alone. Do whatever you want. If you take care of Baekhyun-ssi, that is.”

 

“How will I do it?”

 

“Figure it out yourself, Chanyeol-ssi. The witnesses are going to be the President and the Vice President of the Student Council along with Kim Jongin-ssi from the Dance Club and Kim Joonmyeon’s brother and Do Kyungsoo from the Cooking Club and your and Baekhyun-ssi’s classmate. Of course, they are not the only ones. The Dorm Director, Kim Ryeowook-ssi and the residents of the Couple’s Sanctuary will also be observing you. Are we clear, Chanyeol-ssi?”

 

Chanyeol grumbles then flinches when the headmaster pinches his cheeks then stretches it.

 

“Are we clear?”

 

“N-Nae…” Yoora lets go of Chanyeol’s cheeks and smiles.

 

“Well then, you may go now. But before that…”

 

Yoora looks at Chanyeol, “Park Chanyeol, be sure that you take care of Baekhyun-ssi as she’s related to Kris-ssi and Sehun-ssi.” Yoora then looks at Baekhyun, smiling and asks her to stay behind for a bit as Chanyeol rushes out of the room, not even looking to the others who are still in the room. The other occupants except for Baekhyun also leave the room quietly after they said their goodbyes to the headmaster.

 

As the door closes behind Baekhyun, Yoora goes back to the couch and sits down while Baekhyun is still standing.

 

“Take a seat, Baekhyun-ssi.” Yoora gestures to Baekhyun to take a seat on the couch across to where Yoora is. Baekhyun walks forward and goes to the couch and sits down across Yoora.

 

“May I ask why you ask me to stay?” Baekhyun asks Yoora, who sips on her tea while her eyes are close.

 

Yoora places the cup on the coffee table again and looks at Baekhyun with an apologetic look.

 

“I just want to talk to you alone, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After an hour later, Baekhyun comes out of the office only to see Joonmyeon and Kris waiting for her.

 

“Joonmyeon-unnie, why are you here?” Baekhyun asks as she’s looking at Kris and Joonmyeon back and forth in confusion.

 

“We’ve been waiting for you. It seems like you will be staying in the Couple’s Sanctuary with Park Chanyeol-ssi, Baekhyun-ah.” Joonmyeon replies to Baekhyun’s question while looking at her in worry. Kris on the other hand, has his face on.

 

Baekhyun stays silent for a while before responding, “I see…”

 

Joonmyeon walk towards Baekhyun and gives her a hug, “Everything will be fine. Don’t worry about Chanyeol-ssi. He is not that bad but just be patient with him, okay?”

 

Joonmyeon feels Baekhyun nodding her head in understanding before pulling away from the hug. She extends her hand to Baekhyun who reaches out with her hand and now holding hands.

 

“Let’s go? It’s getting late. We’ll take you to the couple’s dorm and your things are already there.”

 

Baekhyun nods her head as Kris starts to walk away, followed by them from behind.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

As Kris, Joonmyeon and Baekhyun are walking back to the dorms, Baekhyun can’t help herself but ask a question to Joonmyeon.

 

“What is he like? Park Chanyeol-ssi, I mean?”

 

Joonmyeon turns her head to look at Baekhyun before turning it back to the front.

 

“Park Chanyeol is known as Happy Virus and also one of the kingkas in the academy. He’s actually friendly and nice to others, even to strangers but…”

 

“But...?” Baekhyun asks carefully as she saw Joonmyeon sighs then looks at her with a serious expression on her face.

 

“Before I get on with the story, I need to warn you not to get on his bad side. As I was saying, he is actually nice and friendly to others until something happen three years ago. I need to warn you with another thing to make you avoid getting on his bad side. Never, as in never ever mention that three years ago. Your brother, Kris who is walking ahead of us once mentioned it two years ago.”

 

“W-What happened after that?”

 

“They got into a fight. It was a fight that they never imagined to happen. Kris and Park Chanyeol are actually best friends or were, when Chanyeol first came here. But since that incident, Chanyeol has been isolating himself from everyone except for his current girlfriend, Sandara Park. As for Kris, he joined the Student Council. I don’t know the reason but I assume it has anything to do with said person, Park Chanyeol himself.”

 

Baekhyun only nods her head, taking fully note of what Joonmyeon said mentally.

 

Joonmyeon wants to say something aside from the warning when Kris decides to interrupt them by saying that they’re already in front of couple’s sanctuary dorm.

 

Both Joonmyeon and Baekhyun look at Kris, who is already at the door that is already open, waiting for the two to enter. The girls then walk to where Kris is and enter the premises.

 

Inside the dorm, Baekhyun looks around. She feels at home because of its cozy feeling that the dorm gives her.

 

Baekhyun snaps out of her reverie when Joonmyeon taps on her shoulder. Baekhyun looks at the latter as the latter pointing at something. Baekhyun follows it with her gaze and it lands on a person, a woman who looks in her 20’s is standing in front of them, smiling sweetly like a mother.

 

Joonmyeon walks up to the woman and stands beside her as she faces Kris and Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun, I would like you to meet Kim Ryeowook. She is the Adviser or the Dorm Director of this dorm. She is the one who is taking care of all the occupants in this dorm. If you ever need help, you can always go to her. Ryeowook-unnie, meet Oh Baekhyun. She just transferred here today.”

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Baekhyun-ssi. I’m Ryeowook. You can call me “unnie”. Do not hesitate to ask anything.”

 

Baekhyun bows to Ryeowook in respect and nods her head, taking note of the elder’s words.

 

Ryeowook looks at Joonmyeon then to Kris before turning around and starts walking away, but not before saying to the three to come with her.

 

Kris, Joonmyeon and Baekhyun follow behind Ryeowook. Ryeowook leads the trio upstairs to the second floor where the resident rooms are located. They continue to walk until the eldest stops in front of a door then opens it.

 

“This is going to be your room from now on, Baekhyun-ssi. You’re going to live here with Park Chanyeol-ssi, isn’t it?”

 

“Nae, Ryeowook-unnie…” Baekhyun nods her head, showing that Ryeowook that guesses right.

 

“I see. In any case, you can come to me or the others who are living here if anything happens, okay?”

 

“Nae.” Baekhyun smiles at Ryeowook and the latter thinks that it’s cute.

 

“Anyway, your things are already inside. Notebooks and textbooks are on your desk inside. Your keys are also inside, including your shoe locker key and locker number. You can go inside and unpack and maybe stroll around the dorm. I will be in the kitchen, making dinner for you and the others. That is, if you aren’t good at cooking. I will be going now. It’s nice to see you, Kris and Joonmyeon and nice meeting you, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

Joonmyeon and Kris nod their heads and bows in respect. Baekhyun also nods her head and bows as Ryeowook leaves them behind. The trio enters the room and look around. Once again, Baekhyun feels the cozy feeling again as she looks around.

 

The room is very spacious for two people living together. The living room and the kitchen are jointed together. In the living room, there’s a white couch with three pillows, , a television set with two shelves on the sides where you can see CDs and DVD tapes on one shelf then on the other one is pretty empty but that is where you can put game consoles, if you have one.  The kitchen on the other hand, is very simple. There’s a fridge, a stove, a coffee maker, a blender, a rice cooker and of course, a sink. At the dining area, there’s dining table with four chairs. There’s also a small table in the kitchen where you can chop prepare food. And you can also see an alarm just above to where the stove is located.

 

The walls are painted in whites and black at some parts in the room. Although it’s kind of plain, it’s very cozy. It feels like home, in Baekhyun’s opinion.

 

Baekhyun is very amazed at her new room. It is a bit too big for the students living in a dorm, I must say but then again, it’s a private school.

 

Baekhyun walks to a door and opens it, which turns out to be a bathroom.

 

The bathroom is pretty big and a bit fancy. The bathroom tiles consist of two colors: mint green and white. There’s a toilet, a shower that is big for two people, a bathtub which is a little bit big that the usual ones. There’s a counter where the sink is located along with a mirror and a cabinet where you put things, like first aid kit or basic hygiene needs. Under the counter, there’s a set of two towels being neatly folded. So the room is very clean and neat that you can almost see it sparkles.

 

She closes the door after she look at it then she walks again around the living room and stops to another door. She opens it and goes inside. She enters the bedroom and in Baekhyun’s opinion, the bedroom is big enough for more than two people.

 

Inside the room, there are two study tables at the side with a two bookshelves. There’s also a very wardrobe that almost occupies half of the whole wall on one side. Aside from the wardrobe, you can see a vanity set with two drawers where you can put your underwear in beside the wardrobe.

 

The walls in the room, is painted with the combination of sky blue and white. You can see some mint green at some parts of the room.

 

What catch Baekhyun’s eyes is at the furniture in the middle of the room is a king-sized bed contains four white fluffy pillows and a comfortable white blanket. Two bedside tables on both sides with two lamps place on top.

 

As she was looking around, she sees her things beside the bed on the right side. She also sees the notebooks and textbooks that Ryeowook mentioned earlier. But she notices something that there is something wrong with the arrangement. When she looks around again, she notices some things. She notice that the things in the bedroom are good for two people except for one… the bed.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen as she feel her face heating up. She hits herself for thinking too much. She goes out of the bedroom to the living room where Kris and Joonmyeon are.

 

Baekhyun looks at Kris and Joonmyeon, who are looking around the room.

 

Kris and Joonmyeon both feel that they are being stared at and turn around. They are somehow taken aback as they see Baekhyun’s face that is looking at them. The two almost died from heart attack and sweat drops at the latter.

 

Why I say that? Because….

.

.

.

.

.

.

….because no one will ever believe them if they ever tell that the nerd, Oh Baekhyun can pull off an expression such as aegyo. An aegyo in which no one can say no to her, especially when it comes to helping her unpack.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After an hour of unpacking Baekhyun’s things, it’s already evening and Kris and Joonmyeon are already gone back to their dorms. Baekhyun has been walking around, admiring the place before going back to the bedroom to pick up her cell phone that has been placed on the bed.

 

As she pick her phone up, the door suddenly open. Baekhyun look up to see Chanyeol, who is looking at her with an expressionless emotion. Baekhyun suddenly feel scared at the look Chanyeol is giving her.

 

Chanyeol notices this and can’t help himself but smirks at Baekhyun. Chanyeol starts walking towards Baekhyun who is standing in front of the bed, freezing on the spot to notice.

 

Everything went too fast for Baekhyun when Chanyeol reaches to and standing in front of her. She finds herself on the bed and Chanyeol hovering on top of her, holding her wrists on her head.

 

They are in a compromising position but Chanyeol couldn’t get careless.

 

Chanyeol leans closer until a few centimeters away from her face.

 

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol in fear and somehow finding herself admiring those eyes that belongs to him.

 

“Listen here, Oh Baekhyun. I don’t know who you really are and I don’t really care. I also didn’t care if you are related to Kris or Sehun. I couldn’t get careless who they are related with. Just one thing for sure is when I am with my girlfriend, don’t go near me. I don’t care what happened to you at all. Even though we’re involved in this stupid tradition, it doesn’t mean I will pay attention to you. Do you understand what I am saying?” Chanyeol states it with a voice that can make Baekhyun scared to death.

 

Baekhyun only nods her head shakily, too afraid to say anything.

 

“One more thing, I will allow you to sleep in this bedroom and I will be sleeping in the living room but, if you come back from wherever you are and you saw me with my girlfriend, don’t come back to this room, understood?”

 

Baekhyun nods her head again. She can hear Chanyeol mutters “good” before he pulls away and stands up from their position then leaves the room, leaving Baekhyun lying on the bed.

 

Baekhyun stares at the ceiling for who knows how long. She can’t stop thinking at what just happened earlier. Her heart skips a bit as she remembers their position earlier before slapping herself, stopping herself from thinking those things.

 

‘This is too much happening on my first day. Will I be able to enjoy my school days here?’ She thinks to herself as she sighs.

 

Baekhyun closes her eyes for a bit, too tired from unpacking earlier but she doesn’t realize that she fall asleep as soon as she closes her eyes but not before muttering something to herself.

 

“Being engaged to someone you just met for the first time, …..”

 

As she drifts off to her dreamland, she didn’t notice a pair of eyes looking at her.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

A/N: Hello again~ :D

 

Here’s the 2nd chapter, although nothing changed except for the room’s description? Ahahaha.

Have you guys watched a video of Chanyeol saying “I love you” in different languages? It made me squeal. How was your reaction? :D

 

Anyway, thank you again for reading my story. You are free to comment anytime. Although, a silent reader is a fun reader, I was hoping that you guys leave a comment. Your comment gives me motivation, you know? Ahaha, don’t force yourself to comment though if you don’t feel like it as I am only saying what I am thinking. :)

 

Thank you again~

 

~lunaichinomiya