Chapter 11: Pop Quizzes and A Start of Choosing Candidates for the Upcoming Election

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 11:

Pop Quizzes and A Start of Choosing Candidates for the Upcoming Election


 

The next day, it seems that everything is perfectly normal for everyone at SM Academy. They wake up early, eat breakfast and doing their daily routines. Yes, it is very normal and not so eventful, unlike the past few days.

 

It might not be eventful but it doesn’t mean it is normal that day. For example…

 

Baekhyun who wakes up due to the sun rays hitting on her face and finding herself once again, covered in a blanket. She sits up on the bed as she blinks her doe-like eyes in confusion. Baekhyun surely remembers that she had fallen asleep last night, without a blanket.

 

Baekhyun stares at the wall for a good one minute before shaking her head, telling herself not to think too much about it, and she gets up from the bed.

 

She stretches her arms upward and stretches her body side by side then jumping three times before slapping her face softly, to wake herself up fully.

 

Baekhyun then walk towards the door and unlocks the door and walks out into the living room. Her eyes blinks when she notices that Chanyeol is not around. She scratches her head before going back inside the bedroom.

 

After that, she walk towards the wardrobe to get her uniform and undergarments. She closes the wardrobe and proceeds to the bathroom to take a bath or shower but…

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Joonmyeon on the other hand, wakes up suddenly due to some noises. She sits up and looks around, only to see Kyungsoo cleaning their shared room. Kyungsoo greets her a ‘good morning’ and apologized and Joonmyeon only smiles, a bit sleepy.

 

Joonmyeon remains sitting on her bed as she observes Kyungsoo cleaning. If Kyungsoo is the neatest person between the two, Joonmyeon is the opposite. Joonmyeon rubs her eyes with her backhand before getting up from the bed and drags her feet down the stairs, towards their shared bathroom. She didn’t notice Kyungsoo shaking her head as she looks at her before going back to clean the room.

 

Once Joonmyeon is inside the bathroom, she goes to the sink where the mirror is located. She looks at herself on the mirror with an expression she never shows to anyone.

 

It is an expression that expresses her pain and fear, that is not suitable on her beautiful and angel-like face.

 

‘Who would even like a person as ugly as such, like me… Just comparing myself to Kyungsoo or even Baekhyun, I know that I lost…’ Joonmyeon sighs in defeat.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Sehun who usually wakes up late, suddenly wakes up earlier than plan and gets up from bed, drags her feet to the bathroom.

 

After a few minutes, she walks out of the bathroom through the door towards the living room. As she walks towards the kitchen, she sees a pile of papers sprawling on the coffee table and on the floor. Not only that, she sees a figure, who she knows so well, who has his head on the table, sleeping uncomfortably.

 

Sehun sighs then she walk towards the coffee table and she picks up the papers on the ground. She reads the content of the papers and learns that it is a thesis paper, a requirement for the upcoming graduation next year. Sehun places the papers on the coffee table and goes back to the room, only to walk out with a blanket on her hands. She walk back to the coffee table, crouches down slightly  and places the blanket on top of the figure.

 

Before Sehun can stand up, she freezes on her spot. Sehun takes a glance down slowly at the figure, known as Luhan, who is still sleeping. Sehun stares at his sleeping face longer than expected, if she really heard it right.

 

“I’m... sorry…Se...hun...nie...”

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Minseok is watching television as she lies on the couch and eating a piece of bread, she is already in her uniform and her bag is on the side of the couch. She is about to take a bite of the bread when suddenly someone door bells with a combination of knocking on the door.

 

Minseok somehow scowls at this because she knows that it is Luhan, who decided to annoy her so early in the morning. Minseok grudgingly stands up from the couch then drags her feet towards the front door and opens it.

 

She is about to scowl at Luhan but who she sees is someone unexpected.

 

“B-Baekhyun?”

 

In front of her is not Luhan but instead, it is Baekhyun. But what surprises Minseok the most is that Baekhyun’s face is red, tomato kind of red and she also notice that her dongsaeng is carrying her clothes, her uniform, shoes and bag to be exact.

 

“H-Hello, Minseok u-unnie…” Baekhyun greets her timidly.

 

“Come in, Baekhyun-ah…” Minseok opens the door a bit and steps back a bit, to let Baekhyun inside the room. Minseok closes the door and walk towards Baekhyun, who is now in the living room.

 

“Is there something the matter, Baekhyun?” Minseok asks her dongsaeng, who is fidgeting.

 

“M-may I take a shower here…?” Baekhyun softly asks Minseok, who in return raises her brow as she sees Baekhyun’s actions.

 

Minseok is curious but she didn’t pry more as she lets Baekhyun take a shower here. Minseok shows Baekhyun the way to the bathroom and then let her be.

 

Minseok goes to the kitchen and prepares something for Baekhyun, assuming that the younger hasn’t eaten yet. After a few minutes, Minseok walk towards the living room with a plate on her hand and places it on the coffee table before going back to watch the show she is watching as she waits for Baekhyun.

 

Minseok turns her head when she hears the door open and sees Baekhyun walk out, wearing her uniform and her hair still wet. Minseok chuckles at this and asks her dongsaeng to come closer. Baekhyun, being a good and timid dongsaeng she is, she walks closer to the couch where Minseok is. Minseok asks Baekhyun to give her the towel and the latter comply to the command.

 

Baekhyun startles in shock when Minseok puts the towel on top of her head and dries up her hair for her. Baekhyun becomes flustered at this, because she is being treated like a kid. Minseok seeing this, only chuckles before asking her why Baekhyun decided to take a shower here as she continues on drying her hair.

 

This time, Baekhyun’s face blushed ten-fold for some reason. Minseok notice this and can’t help but get curious and bombards Baekhyun with a lot of questions.

 

Baekhyun opens to speak and now she tells the whole story. After half an hour before they go to school, Minseok bursts out into giggles while Baekhyun blushed in embarrassment.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Kyungsoo, who is now walking towards the school building after doing all the chores at the dorm with a lot of books in her hands. Kyungsoo sighs as she feels like she’s getting with all the books. She almost collapsed if it isn’t for someone suddenly supporting her back from falling to ground, except the books which are now on the ground.

 

Kyungsoo gasps and immediately crouches down to pick up the books but someone also did the same. As Kyungsoo pick the last book, the hand that belongs to someone also did the same and their hands touch, sending a shiver down to her spines.

 

Kyungsoo dares herself to look up, only to see someone familiar.

 

“Jongin-ah…” Kyungsoo’s eyes widens in surprise.

 

“Hi, Noona~” The tanned-male smiles charmingly at her, sending a fluttering feeling in her stomach.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin stands up after picking the books. Instead of giving it back, Jongin takes another two or three books from Kyungsoo and carries it, along with the ones he just picked and walk first, leaving Kyungsoo, with only 4 books on her hands to carry and a bewildered look.

 

Jongin turns around, noticing that Kyungsoo isn’t following behind and winks at her sunbae. Kyungsoo suddenly feel her face heating up when her dongsaeng just wink at her, also her heart suddenly beats irregularly. She shrugs the thought off, before catching up to Jongin.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

In Class 5-A, all of the students are already inside, including Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol. Most of the students are chatting with one another.

 

One would wonder why a certain Park Chanyeol has his head banging on the desk as his whole face has the same color as a cherry.

 

Same goes for Baekhyun, who is shaking her head frantically, that would suspect her as crazy. But the surprising thing is Kyungsoo. The wide-eyed beauty seems to be in a daze and this is the first time in history, if someone will comment on it.

 

But all of those are broken by the sudden appearance of their very strict female History teacher, Kim Kyungran, that made them -including the trio mentioned above- all jump from their seats and most of them immediately sits down to their respective seats.

 

The teacher seems to be pleased and smiles, although very wicked in their opinion as she graciously walk to the desk and faces her students.

 

"Good morning, class! I hope you all have a wonderful day today." The teacher beams at them, as the class say their 'good morning' to her, though in a sleepy way.

 

"Also, I do hope that you all  studied last night. And seeing that all of you are still sleepy, my announcement might do the work to wake you all up." The teacher added.

 

Seeing that all of her students or most of them, are not interested and she is now grinning -a bit sadistic, if I may add- and that send  shivers to all of them.

 

But it did the work as all of them are now making noises now, groaning and complaining if I may name a few. This amuses the teacher for some reason.

 

"We will be having a pop quiz today! Hope you all have studied last night as this quiz will be over fifty items~"

 

The students inside the class, complain some more because the teacher also didn't give them enough time to review their notes.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Kris and Joonmyeon are arranging some paperworks in the Student Council Office, along with the secretary, Taeyeon and first year high school representative, Sungjong.

 

As they do all the work, someone knock on the door. Kris who is signing papers, says 'come in' without looking at the door.

 

The door opens and Kris hears the others say 'good morning' with respect. He looks up and sees the school chairman standing with a smile on her face.

 

"Good morning, Kris-ssi. I hope I did not disturb you." Yoora smiles as Kris stands up from his seat and shakes his head.

 

"It is alright, Yoora-gyojangnim. Please have a seat." Kris says as Yoora walks elegantly to the couch and sits down while he also did the same.

 

Kris looks at Yoora and asks, "How may I help you, Yoora-gyojangnim?"

 

"Drop the formalities, Kris. Just call me whatever makes you comfortable. Anyway, I am here because I want to ask about the upcoming election this coming summer." Yoora asks as her smile drops and turns serious.

 

Kris raises his brow at this, “What about it, Yoora-noona?”

 

“I just want to ask if the upcoming election will be open for Class A students only or…?”

 

“Yes, it will be open for Class A students. Why do you ask?”

 

“I was thinking of changing that rule, Kris.” Yoora says as she stares at Kris in the eyes, eyes that are very serious.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 


A/N: GUESS WHO IS BACK~~!!! I AM BACK, MY DEAR READERS~ I apologize for another months of hiatus. You see, I am busy with school works and extra-curricular activities at my university school. Being a university student is hard.

Anyway, I will be able to start writing again after next week. It will be our vacation by then and today, I just find some time to post this.  I hope you guys won't disappoint with this chapter. 

Another thing, I might post an Extra chapter tomorrow or on Wednesday. This will be the same as the first one (KrisHo). So I have a question that you need to guess: "Who are the next characters/couple for our Extra-Chapter #2?"

 

Comment below for your answer and a small feedback about the chapter.

 

P.S I will be editing the earlier chapters for better font(sizes)/indents/grammar

 

See you guys soon~

♪♀lunaichinomiya♀♪