o8.

The Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8

 

“He was right. Your sister cannot leave that art studio,” Luhan gave me a sympathetic smile. “Wandering spirits cannot wander off too far from the place of their death.”

Yifan groaned, “Really??”

“How come you don’t know that?”

“I’ve never even tried leaving this building before – let alone this level.”

Now that he mentioned, I just realized that. I turned to Luhan. “Why is she still there? Why hadn’t she crossover?”

Luhan shrugged. “Something’s probably holding her back.”

“You mentioned before...,” I sighed, wishing it wasn’t true, “...that if the living isn’t able to let go of the dead, the spirits won’t be able to go, right?”

The wise man nodded, “She probably feels guilty to.”

After all those treatments and counselling he went through after that incident, he still isn’t able to get over her death? Kim Jongdae...why are you doing this to yourself?

I buried my face in my palms. “I should’ve known,” I muttered, “all those times he had told me he’s going to go visit my sister at that art studio, I thought he was just being delusional. I should’ve known better.”

“Hey, don’t feel bad. You didn’t know about any of these spiritual things before,” Luhan gave me an assuring smile.

I smiled back as a sign of appreciation.

“Oh, hey, hey, Jiji, look what I can do,” Yifan poked Luhan’s forearm repeatedly with an amused expression, “I can touch him.”

Well, obviously, since you both are dead. And I’m constantly talking to dead men. I had to reconsider my life choices. “I told you a million times not to call me Jiji, Yifan.”

“Then how does Haehae sounds to you? Hey, that’d be pretty cool. Haehae. Yeah, I should start calling you that now.”

“Or you can be normal and just call me by Jihae like any normal person would.”

Yifan chuckled and slung an arm around the displeased smaller man’s shoulders. “Look,” he pointed at me, “she’s being a boring human again.”

I rolled my eyes and Luhan shrugged him off of him. “I’m going to help her,” I decided suddenly, getting their attention. “I’m going to help my sister crossover.”

 “No, you can’t and you shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter