o4.

The Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4

 

“Umma...I’m fine. Yes, I took my medication already. Yes. Yeeeeeeesssss, umma. No, don’t trouble yourself. No, it’s fineeeee. Yes, alright. Yes. Yeeeeeessssss. Take care, umma, yes, I love you too, byeeeee,” I hung up with an exasperated sigh and turned to the guy who was rolling his eyes the entire time, “She’s just full of love.”

He snorted, “I noticed.”

“My parents live outside of town, so I think it’d be too troublesome for them to actually come here to visit me just because of these minor injuries.”

He sighed and leaned against the wall with his eyes closed.

“Besides, they’re managing a flower shop – who’d take care of it if they were to come here, right?”

“You tend to share with me a lot of things I have zero interest in.”

“You should be thankful that the one and only person whom able to see and hear you even bother talking to you, don’t you think so?”

He pressed his face to the wall, “Why can’t I at least go through walls or something?”

“Hey, Wu Yifan.”

“I can’t even go through curtains! Why not grant me some cool ghost-power or something?”

“Don’t you have even the slightest memory of your...you know, previous, uh, alive-self?”

“Powers like, controlling and throwing things around with my mind or something?”

“Don’t you remember anything? Your parents? Friends?”

“Or like, possessing bodies. That’d be pretty cool.”

“Eonni! Talking to Mr Cuddles again?”

Both Yifan and I screamed in surprise.

“If she does that ONE, MORE, TIME, I’d die of a heart attack!”

This Yifan spirit...he should really work on his matter of speech.

“Did I surprise you?” Minsung giggled. She crawled from underneath the curtain and climbed up my bed, all the while dragging her Mr Smiley along, “Eonni, there’s someone I want to introduce to you today!”

“Oh, great, a merrier tea party.”

I exaggerated a gasp in excitement, loving how brightly she was smiling, “Really? Who?”

Minsung gave me a sly, cheeky grin as she twirled a strand of her hair, “You’ll see. I bet you’re gonna like him – no, no, more like he’s gonna like you!”

“She’s like a mini-troll made out of rainbows and sunshine.”

And you’re like a huge ogre made out of bitter medicine and onions. I bit on my tongue to stop myself from saying it. “Minsung-ah, you’re such a tease! Aren’t you going to tell me?”

Minsung giggled and hit me lightly on my arms with her small palms, “Wait here! I’ll go get him.” She once again crawled back into her partition.

“She’s going to introduce you to another one of her stuffed-toys, I guarantee you.”

“I like stuffed-toys so ha.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter