Chapter 2

Why?

Why?

Urgh....! Why does he glare at me so much? Does he really hate my guts that much? "Kim Taechi, can you answer this question?" He asked, still glaring as if saying 'If you can'. "Sure, sir." I smiled and walked to the chalk board. Ah...This is easy! I wrote on the chalk board and in 30 seconds Im done answering the question. "Is that all sir?" I asked. "Y-Yes, you may take your seat now." He stuttered, stunned at the speed of my answer. Bet you thought I was a delinquent or something, huh? After a few hours, it was lunch time. "Kimchi-ah! Lets go eat!!" Sehun said. "Oh my god, Oh Sehun! Stop calling me that!" I yelled angrily. "I was so surprised that you were able to answer that!" Chanyeol exclaimed. "Wae?" I asked. "Because my older sister had that question for her university textbook! We're only in 12th grade you know!!" He explained. "Ah! Jinja?!" I exclaimed. "Yeah!!" Chanyeol said. As we walked to the cafeteria, people would either snicker or stare at us, ESPECIALLY at me. Being the little cousin of the principal and all. "What do you want to eat?" I asked. "Ah, Miss.Kim. Principal Kim said that you and your friends can eat free, it will be put on his account." The cafeteria lady said, she looked young. Early 20s maybe? "Miss.Kim?" I asked. "Oh, you mean me. Call me Taechi. Whats your name??" I asked. "Juniel." She answered. "Ok, Juniel. I would like to have __(name a dish), please. What do you guys want??" I asked. "I brought my own lunch so I will just have juice." D.O said. "I'll have the same as Taechi!" Everyone else said. "You guys are so unoriginal." I sighed as I took my dish and walked to an empty table.

As we ate, I noticed that all of them had scars, scratches or bruises. I shouldnt bother about it right? "What are you thinking about??" Sehun asked. "W-What? Oh, nothing." I said, staring at the scar on Sehun's cheek. "Something's on your mind...What is it??" He asked. Am I that easy to read? "You and your rainbow hair reminds me of a lollipop, thats whats on my mind and all of your hair." I lied. "Gotta stand out right?" Baekhyun said with a smile.

(Sehun's POV)

She's lying...I can see it in her eyes. She was never a good liar, you know? I was amazed how she was able to keep me a secret from her parents. "Earth to Sehun?" Luhan asked. "Uh..Yeah, hyung?" I asked. "I've been calling you for 2 minutes now...Whats on your mind?" Luhan asked. "Nothing." I answered. "Yah...Why are you lying to your hyung?" He asked. "Im not lying." I insisted. "Ok, whatever you say." Luhan sighed. "Taechi-ah! Im thirsty! Can I take a sip of your water?" Tao asked taking her water bottle. "Uh...Sure?" She said. Tao gulped the water and thanked her. "Anyways,wanna visit your cousin?" D.O asked. "No." She answered immediately. "Wae?" Baekhyun asked. "Its just, I d-dont feel comfortable yet..." She stammered. "Oh, ok. Well, we couldnt either way. Lunch break is almost over." Suho said. "OK, then let's go!!" Channel exclaimed, taking Baekhyun's stuff. "YAH, Park Chanyeol!! Come back here!!" He yelled and ran after him. "Is  it OK, for them to do that?" Taechi asked. "Yeah...Its normal." I sighed.

The last few hours of school were SOOOOOOO BORING! When the bell finally rang, I stretched my stiff legs. "Taechi-ah..." A voice whispered. "Wah!!! Oh, its just you...Mr.Kim." I jumped. "Call me Key...I am your cousin." He pouted. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Im not allowed to see my cute little cousin?" He asked. "Taechi-ah, we're going home first!" Baekhyun said. "Wait! I'll come with you guys!" I called. "Sorry, you cant. We dont go home right away. Ask Key to bring you home." Suho suggested. "Ok..." I pouted as they left. "Do you really want to go with them?" Key asked. "I want to...but dad will be angry. So maybe next time." I answered. "Ok..Lets go then." Key said with a worried expression. "Whats with that face?" I laughed and walked to my locker to get my stuff. As I gather my stuff, I ignored nasty comments other students threw at me. "Yah! All of you would you all please shut up!!" A voice yelled. I looked up and a pale boy with blond hair and a patch of blue in the front was yelling at everyone.Was he defending me? As he walked by, I whispered a thank you. He smiled and whispered back to me his name. It was Choi Junhong or what he likes to call himself: Zelo.

"Ok, lets go." Key said. We walked to hin car and we drove home. When we got home, my dad was waiting at the door. "How was school?" He asked. "Pretty good." I answered. I went inside and went to my room. "Something wrong, sweetheart?" He asked. "Im fine, dad. I have homework and I want to finish it early." I replied. Reality is that I dont have homework, its just I dont know...I felt sad maybe? Urgh, this always happen when I watch Sehun leave. What is it? Love? How am I supposed to know what love is? Is it something you know right away when it happens? I took out a piece of paper and wrote down "What is love" as a title. I write song lyrics according to my mood so I guess Im writing about what is love... I wrote:

PERSON 1: Girl, I cant explain what I feel...

Ooooh~ Oh whoa~ ohh yeah.

My baby, baby, baby, baby~ Yeah~

PERSON 2: Making a day feel like a minute...

With you, Im the main character of a movie

PERSON 1: As if Im about to film an action scene to come see you

As if I've become a hero

PERSON 2: You're perfect to me

PERSON 1: I imagine...How would it be if we were together? Yeah

PERSON 2: If only you'd say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby~

[Chorus]

PERSON 1+2: I lost my mind the moment I saw you

Except you, everything gets in slow motion

PERSON 1: Tell me if this is love

PERSON 1+2: Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you;

Fighting, crying, and hugging

PERSON 2: Tell me if this is love  

 

PERSON 1: All the guys in the world are jealous of me

They must be jealous to death of me for having you

PERSON 2: Even after the sun goes down and the moon goes down, it will never change, whoa~ whoa~

Im a guy whom you can trust, you will find out, whoa-oh-ooh-whoa~

PERSON 1: I dont know why, this unconditional emotion...

Did I ever imagine?

Next to me, as I become a better guy, you shine more brightly~  

[Chorus]  

 

PERSON 1: If you wish and wish earnestly, will it come true like a fairytale~?

A never-ending happy ending;

Happily ever after, oh whoa~

PERSON 2: I will trust you, protect you, and confort you

I will be by your side I will never leave your side~

  [Chorus]

 

 PERSON 1: All the guys in the world are jealous of me

PERSON 1+2: They must be jealous to death of me for having you

PERSON 1: My babe, baby babe, baby, baby~

I can tell, this is love~

PERSON 2: I will make you smile often, like a child

PERSON 1: I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend

PERSON 2: My babe, baby babe, baby, baby~

Tell me, what is love?

I put my pencil down and chuckled. How do I write a song if you had no music? Its always like that when I write a song, I write the lyrics but I have no music and in the end I toss it all in a drawer. If I was still homeschooled, Sehun would be here in the backyard. But, I doubt that he will be here today since I can see him at school and he's with his friends. I sighed but, then heard a pebble hit my window. I looked out the window and Sehun and his crew were in my backyard. "Yah! Taechi-ah, are you going to break our usual schedule?" Sehun asked loud enough so only I can hear. "Go to my front door! I'll ask my dad of her could let you guys in!" I said going downstairs. The doorbell rang and I answered it. "Hey, Taechi! Can we come in?" Suho asked. "Are they your friends, Taechi?".My dad asked giving them a strange look. "Yes, dad. They're my friends. That's Sehun, Tao, Kai, Kyungsoo or D.O, Chanyeol, Chen, Baekhyun, Suho, Kris, Lay, Luhan and Xiumin." I said. "Can they come in?" I asked. "O-Of course, honey." Her stuttered. "Thanks." I said going upstairs. "So this is how your room looks like..." Sehun mumbled. "Anyways, What do you guys wanna do?" I asked. "Mmm...Good question." Suho said. "What's in that drawer? The one that's overflowing with paper." Lay pointed at the drawer where I keep my song lyrics. "Let's find out shall we?" Chanyeol said walking to the drawer. Before I could stop him, he already opened the drawer. "What are these? Songs?" Her asked. I nodded and said. "Not exactly..I wrote the lyrics but I don't have any music to go with it." "I know what we're going to do today! Let's make a music sheet to go with one of Taechi 's song!" Baekhyun exclaimed.