Chapter 1

Why?

Ok, I got everything I need. Now lets go to school! "Are you sure you dont need me to drive you to school?" My dad asked. "Yes, Im sure. Im off!" I reassured him and went out the door. As I walked to school, I bumped into a group of people. "Oh, Im sorry!" I apologized. "Oh, its fine." A voice said. I looked up and saw a boy with reddish-brown hair with owl-eyes and heart-shaped lips. He looked at me strangely and I felt selfconscious. I was wearing a hoodie and I pulled on my hoodie. "Hyung, whats wrong?" A tanned boy with sandy-blond hair asked. "Uhh...Nothing, Kai. Lets just wait for Sehun, then we can go to school." He replied. "I think thats the girl Sehun's been talking about. You know the one he's hanged out with since he was 5." He whispered. "Wait! Do you know Oh Sehun?" I asked. "Yes...He's a friend of ours." A blond boy with panda eyes said. "Can I stick with you for now? Im also a friend of his." I asked. "Sure! Lets introduce ourselves then! Im Park Chanyeol!" Said the boy with odd ears and cheerful smile. "Byun Baekhyun." Said the boy with purple hair. "Xi LuHan." Said the boy with pink hair. "Do Kyungsoo, call me D.O." Said the boy I bumped into. "Kim Jongin, call me Kai." Said the tanned boy with sandy-blond hair. "Huang ZiTao, just Tao is fine." Said the blond panda boy. "Kim Joonmyeon, call me Suho." Said the boy with hazel brown hair. "Wu YiFan, just call me Kris." The oddly tall blond one said. "Kim Minseok, Xiumin is fine." The chubby one with brownish-orange hair said. "Kim Jongdae, call me Chen." The one with purple-red hair said. "Zhang YiXing, call me Lay." The one with extreme bleached blond hair boy said. "Im Kim-" I was interrupted by a voice. "Ah! Kimchi, you're here!" I looked up to see Sehun with RAINBOW hair! "For the last time! Its Kim TAEchi!!" I exclaimed. "Why are you wearing a hoodie?" Tao asked. Tightening my grip on my hoodie, I replied. "I dont like how my hair looks like..." "Cant be that bad!" Luhan said pulling down my hoodie. "Ah!" I exclaimed as my silver-blond hair was exposed. I quickly pulled my hoodie back on. "Your hair is pretty! How did you dye it like that?" Xiumin asked. "I didnt...Its natural." I said. "Oh, why dont you like it?" Lay asked. "Its the reason why I couldnt go to school! I hated myself! All day and night, I stayed at home learning from my dad. And when I glance outside, I see other kids smiling and laughing with their friends while I played ALONE and cried out of loneliness. I had to BEG to at least play outside in the backyard! And you guys WANT to be different while I  wanted to be normal!" I yelled. "Im sorry...I bet you think I have a mental problem or something, I didnt mean to yell." I apologized. "Its fine. I understand. Others used to tease me about my ears! Hiding it made it worse, so dont hide your hair!" Chanyeol said. "O-Ok...Lets go to school now." I said loosening my grip on my hoodie.

While we walked to school, people who passed us stared in awe as if we were idols. I resisted the urge to tug on my hoodie and chatted with the others. When we got to school, a teacher stopped us. "How dare you come to our school looking like that?" He yelled. "Um, sir...? My hair is naturally like this." I said shyly. "Dont you lie, missy! You will ruin our school reputation along with these boys!" He snapped. "But it is!" I protested. "Prove it to me!" He yelled. He was about to reach for my hair when Sehun stopped him. "She's telling the truth, sir. Dont go touching others without permission. It disgusts me how impolite you are." Sehun scoffed. "How dare you speak to a teacher with that manner! Ah!! You're breaking my arm!! STOP!" He yelled as Sehun twisted his arm. "Ok, ok. Break it up. Mr.Lee, what are you doing to the students?" A man asked. "Mr.Kim! Im just saying how dare they come to school looking like that! Especially that girl, she claims that her hair is like that naturally!" Mr.Lee yelled. "What's your name?" Mr.Kim asked. "I-Its Kim Taechi, sir." I stuttered. "Ah. you're the one. Mr.Lee, she's telling the truth. My uncle called this morning telling me her condition." Mr.Kim said. "Your uncle?" I asked. "Yes, your father is my uncle. Welcome to my school little cousin! And you dont need to hide your hair." Mr.Kim said. "I dont feel comfortable showing my hair. Wait, c-cousin?" I asked. I looked at Sehun if he knew any of this, he looked as shocked as I was. "Yes, Kim Taechi. You're my little cousin. Believe it or not, we never actually met but I saw you play with Sehun before. I only came while you were outside playing or at night." Mr.Kim explained. "You didnt tell dad right? He will kill me if he found out!!" I asked. "Of course not! Your my little cousin, besides before you met Sehun. I saw you crying alone 24/7 so I thought if I bust you, you would continue crying alone." Mr.Kim said. "How do you know who I am?" Sehun asked. "You're a student, right? I have to know each one of you, babo!" Mr.Kim replied. "Mr.Kim...Can we go to class now? I think we're attracting alot of attention." Suho said. There was a crowd of girls taking photos of all of us. "Wait, you're my cousin but I didnt get your name." I said. "Shouldnt my uncle already tell you about it? Its Kim Kibum, everyone calls me Key." Mr.Kim replied.

"Well, that was weird." Kai said. "Definetely, finding out my principal is my cousin on my first day is weird. And its my first first day too." I said. "Anyways, lets try to focus on school, then we can discuss how weird this is. And Taechi, isnt it hot wearing a hoodie inside?" Suho asked. "No, Im fine." I replied. Actually, I was really hot wearing this hoodie. "Dont lie, Taechi. You just dont want to show your hair." Sehun said. "Like I said! Hiding it makes it worse!" Chanyeol exclaimed. "Ok, fine." I sighed pulling down my hoodie. People around me gasped as they saw my hair. I was about to put my hoodie back on when Luhan stopped me. "Ah, ah, ah. You wont put that hoodie back on." He said. We got to class and guess what! Our teacher is Mr.Lee!! Yippie! How am I going to focus on the class with him glaring at me?