I'll Catch You

Tangled Heartstrings

Her heart wrenched looking at the fragile body curled, contours of his body was prominent by the glint of the moonlight. The soundless mind echoing, the draining heart effortlessly turned to tears and she knelt down, hands on his shoulder. Not the usual warmth she usually received, cold shivers pricked her heart.

“Yifan”, she cooed. The melodious tone that swept his conscience but he refused to fall into her embrace. He shooed her away instead. Pushing every single human being that was willing to help him get up on his feet and guided him to the path he wanted.

But Chaerin was better than that. She would not let herself walk away just because the one that needed help the most chased her out. Deep down, she knew that denial dissipated hope and faith and all Chaerin wished was to ease his aching heart.

“You have to know that even if you were left alone, darkness clouded your vision, I will shine the light before you and lead you the way. Even if the world turns against you, I will walk past through them and catch you.”

Yifan turned to her and held her hands.

“Promise me you will not leave.”

His eyes wavered with uncertainty. Chaerin deliberately push him forward, taking a step, one at a time.

“I promise.”

Embrace was the only consolation he needed.

 

A/N: Because in here, Chaerin is me. That is the only way I can express myself right now.