New Obsession

Tangled Heartstrings

Pairing: EXO/2NE1

Baekhyun came back home with a sigh, sweat dripping and all he wanted is to rest and recover from the run he had. The couch was inviting him but his eyes were diverted towards the television. It was on but there’s no one there to watch it. He checked his watch and frowned. What a rare occasion. Realizing that the house was empty, he wondered where was everyone.  

It was almost midnight – which is usually quite chaotic. Something was off, definitely.

He silently walked across the living room to the kitchen. Weird, no one was there to dig some food. And to his surprise, it was sparkling clean. Baekhyun did wish this to happen, but he never knew that it could actually happen considering the number of members they had.

Sitting on the dining room, Baekhyun quenched his thirst with cold water, not caring about the little droplets of water spilt from the tip of his lips. And his actions came to a halt when he heard muffled voices inside a room far end, which belongs to his room.

His room

Eyebrow knitted together, frowning at the weird noises. Baekhyun shrugged at the possibilities. It’s quite impossible for all members to be kidnapped all at once. Maybe he could be next? Maybe behind that closed door, someone with a covered face would appear in front of him, snatched him away and the worst could happen was to be killed.

Baekhyun shrugged at such thoughts.

Impossible! Get a grip Byun Baekhyun. He thought to himself.

Tipping his toes, he crept silently to his room. The creaking sound of the door could be heard, but not enough to be disturbed. The surrounding was dark, quiet and the air seemed to be tightened. Switching the lights on, Baekhyun just could not believe what he saw.

Much to his surprise, he was just glad that he wasn’t being kidnapped.

“What are you guys doing here?”

Chanyeol, Jongin, Sehun, Luhan and Xiumin; all of them gathered around Chanyeol’s desktop. Some were nibbling their fingers, otherwise fidgeting in their respective seat. It made Baekhyun wonder and when he took a glimpse of the screen, he knew what it was.

“So, is it out-“

Hushing sound interrupted his question. Luhan pulled him down and he was forced to sit beside him.

“Be quiet. 2NE1 is releasing their album soon.”

Baekhyun was just awed at how hardcore these dudes were. He could be considered a fan of SNSD but to this extend? Maybe because it was hard for them to approach, yes it might be the reason why.

“Oh my god it’s out! It’s out!”

Xiumin on the other hand were flailing his hands around, excitement caught in him and nothing could calm him down. He didn’t really think anyone would help him though. The five of them were just the same.

Chanyeol turned the volume up and let’s be honest here. All Baekhyun wished is to record their expression, or make a reaction video. It was quite hilarious actually. It was like waiting for college result or something.

Chanyeol’s eyes squinting, his large eyes couldn’t be seen. Lips biting, hands clenched hard onto the mouse. If it was a real mouse, it might die. Luhan was beside him, gripping on Baekhyun’s arm, his distort expression could clearly be seen. The lights from the screen flashed on his face, making his face kind of out of place, he couldn’t comprehend. Jongin and Sehun on the other side were quite calm. As for Xiumin, he was fanning himself. Yeah, the air here was quite tense. He was feeling hot too.

But nevertheless, Baekhyun found himself bobbing to the beats of their new song.

“Minzy’s voice improved a lot and she made the song a whole lot better.”

Jongin shared his opinion. Everyone agreed to it though. He had to admit that the youngest was pretty much the most talented one.

“I can’t believe CL produced them all.”

Baekhyun’s attention was now on Sehun that was still staring at the screen.

“Wait, did CL produce all of this?”

Again, all of them nodded in sync. How… impressive. Baekhyun wasn’t so much a fan of 2NE1, but the respect towards these girls sure rise. Not knowing, he found himself, sitting beside Luhan a little bit longer; joining these dudes talking and discussing about the girls.

He wondered if it would be worth a try to join in the fandom.