The Beginning

Tangled Heartstrings

Pairing: Dara/Baekhyun

He recalled when she stepped into his class, the radiant that shone, like an angel from the heaven landed to meet the Earthling. Baekhyun was so close to drooling, yet he maintained his image. The minute she voiced out, those soft voices ringing in his ears, he knew that cupids were doing their job right.

“Good morning class!”

She chirped and Baekhyun could almost swear that he had lost half his sanity until someone jabbed his ribs. “Dude, wake up. She is calling you.” Baekhyun snapped from his reverie and looked right into her eyes. Those twinkling eyes, it’s worth three minutes of his life.

“Byun Baekhyun? Are you here? Baekhyun?”

She snapped her fingers right in front of his face and finally, finally woke up when his bastard of a friend, Park Chanyeol hit him on the head with an accounting book. Be mindful that the book is five hundred pages and he hated accounting anyway.

Not until now.

“Ye- yes, Miss San- San- San…”

“Miss Sandara.” The Goddess clarified.

Baekhyun found out that accounting wasn’t so bad at all. The fact that accounting was quite easy to understand. Whatever the words called, liabilities and assets, he thought. How can he not know these terms? It’s the second semester already.

“Dude, since when you complete accounting homework? You always copied mine.”

Chanyeol slammed his locker, not particularly have a reason. He is Chanyeol anyway; things he does don’t really have a reason.

“Well, I realized that accounting is really an interesting subject.” Baekhyun defended himself. He might be blessed to meet him but sometimes, he is just that bastard that ruins their best friend’s life. And how the did Baekhyun found him in the first place?

Oh yes, five years old Chanyeol dragged him to a playground, collecting sands in the bucket and poured them above Baekhyun’s head.

“What in the actual is this? Am I hearing things?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief. To be frank, Baekhyun loathed that subject. His previous records were F and he didn’t feel guilty of regrets or whatsoever. He just couldn’t take that subject. Why would he take it anyway?

God damn it. That yeol forced him.

Chanyeol realized his friend had a huge crush on their teacher. He scoffed at how dumb he acted in front of her. One time, when Miss Sandara asked him a question, he actually got it right. Seriously though, what is happening?

“How about you confess to her?” Chanyeol challenged him one day, when the day was moody, rain pattering the window and the chill was not really much of help because any moment, Chanyeol would be sleeping. But there was one person, that particular person, his face so bright and the energy he emitted was evident. That energy he could only see in music class.

“I can’t. I heard she likes older man and the fact that she is eight years older than us. Are you kidding me?” Baekhyun sounded really depress actually until their classmate, Minji turned to them.

“I heard she likes younger boys.”

If you think that standing on stage, singing his favourite I Got A Boy song was the happiest Baekhyun you’ve ever seen, then you are wrong, so, so, so wrong. Baekhyun’s confidence escalated quite drastically.  

“”Miss Sandara…” He called out. It was the most appropriate time (Baekhyun thought) to confess since she was on her way to the car. There wouldn’t be much of any ers around anyway. The younger could not even look into her eyes. Gaze wandered around, feet shuffling and the constant scratching at the nape of his neck. He never thought confessing could be this hard.

“Yes, Baekhyunnie?” He faced her, eyes so wide and lips agape. What did she call him?

“Uhm, can- can- you send me- home?”

His orbs glistened, hoping that she would say yes. The way she flashed a smile at him could be a yes. Baekhyun turned to the back to see Chanyeol and Minji at the window of their class, encouraging him with thumbs up. Chanyeol linked his arms around Minji’s shoulder and pulled her closer. Those grins he saw on both of them obviously answered Baekhyun question in his head. Of course, who wouldn’t like the Gong Minji? Seeing his best friend shooed him away, telling him to look away, Baekhyun turned to his teacher again, still smiling.

She took a glance at her two students in the classroom.

“Of course Baekhyun. Noona will send you home.”

Baekhyun swore to god he didn’t hear it wrongly. She addressed herself as ‘noona’.  

 

Is this the beginning?