7

EXO THE BALLAD - Miss You

“Do I look good?” asked Luhan as he fixed his shirt.

 

Kris smiled in satisfaction with what he had bought. “You look so good,” he said. “Ah, wait!” Kris rushed to his room to get some things. “It’s so cold outside. You should wear these things,” he put his coat around Luhan’s body then he wear the scarf around the angel’s neck. Kris laughed as he saw Luhan’s appearance. “You look so cute, my angel! I never knew that my coat is that big.”

 

Luhan pouted then he smiled as he tightened the coat. “But it’s so warm. Thank you,” he said as he burried his face onto the scarf he wore.

 

Kris stopped laughing after he saw Luhan’s reaction that made him flutter. He looks like a kitten, he thought. Oh god… can I pet him forever?

 

Luhan tilted his head as he looked at Kris whose face looked blank as he looked at him. He waved at the taller one to catch his attention, but Kris still kept on like that which made Luhan confused. “Are you alright?” asked Luhan as he poked the taller one’s cheek.

 

Kris jumped a bit then he chuckled nervously. “I-I’m fine,” he stuttered in reply. “Ready to go?”

 

Luhan nodded. Then both of them walked out of the apartment to their next destination, a bubble tea shop where Sehun worked. The angel kept on asking Kris everything that made him curious during their way. He asked the taller one about bubble tea at the time after he asked him about the name of vehicle they took. “Does it taste good?”

 

“Yeah, I guess so,” Kris replied. “If not, people won’t sell and buy it, right?” he chuckled. Kris expected Luhan to laugh, but the angel remained silent so the taller one cleared his throat to stop his chuckle. “What if I treat you one?”

 

Luhan’s eyes went wide after he heard Kris’ offer. “Do you want to buy me bubble tea?” he asked in disbelief.

 

Kris nodded. “Why not? You never drank one, right? I think you have to get one so you can judge it by yourself if it tastes good or not.”

 

Luhan jumped excitedly beside Kris as he cheered happily. “Thank you! Thank you so much!” he exclaimed as he hugged the taller one’s arm.

 

Everything for you, my angel, Kris thought.

 

Then not long after that, the bus they took stopped at the bus stop near the bubble tea shop. After walking for a while, they had already arrived at the front yard of the bubble tea shop. “Here we are,” he said as he looked inside the shop through the glass window of the shop. “Can you find Sehun from here?”

 

Luhan automatically looked inside the shop. “I can barely see everything from here. Too much people wandering around there,” he said as he looked at Kris in a sad tone. “Can we get in?”

 

Kris agreed then both of them came into the shop and took a seat on the table. “Have you found him yet?” he asked again to Luhan.

 

Luhan shook his head weakly after he looked around the place. “He’s not in here,” he replied then he pointed his index finger to the corner where the bubble tea makers doing their jobs. “He used to be there, but he isn’t. What should we do?”

 

Kris’ heart was lured as he saw the puppy eyes of Luhan. He did not want to make the angel sad, so he decided to give him all to find where Sehun was. Kris looked around the place then his eyes stopped at someone who was talking with the costumer after he gave the latter the order. Kris was surprised with what he had seen. Is that…? “Wait for me here, okay?” he said to Luhan as he got up from his seat. “I’ll be back soon. Don’t go anywhere.” After that, Kris walked to the person. When the costumer had gone, he patted the person’s shoulder which made the latter turned around to him. Kris could tell that the person was surprised with his presence and it made him chuckle. “What are you doing in here, Chanyeol ah?” he asked to the person.

 

Instead of answering the question, Chanyeol hugged Kris tightly. “Kris! You’re here,” he said as he squeezed the taller one’s body in his arms. “It’s been a long time we didn’t meet each other. I missed you so much, but I lost your contact and I don’t know where you live. I miss you, Kris.”

 

Kris let out a small chuckle again. “I miss you too, Chanyeol ah,” he said as he caressed Chanyeol’s back. “Can you stop hugging me? My body hurts and I can hear my bones cracking.”

 

“No way I can break you apart,” Chanyeol chuckled without breaking the hug. “Let me hug you a little longer. I miss you.”

 

Kris hummed, agreeing it, but it did not last long as he remembered that he brought Luhan along. “I get here with a friend,” he said as he pushed Chanyeol slowly away from him. “Let’s talk with him as well.”

 

“Okay,” said Chanyeol. “What do you want to drink? I’ll treat you.”

 

“Naaahh… you don’t have to,” said Kris. “I can pay by myself.”

 

“I won’t accept your money here,” said Chanyeol as he folded his arms which made Kris frown at him confusedly. “I’m the owner of this shop, Kris, and I’ll treat my long best friend and his friend everything that I sell in here.”

 

After arguing for a while, Kris finally gave in and let Chanyeol do whatever he wanted to. Both of them walked to the table where Luhan sat after they got their drinks. “Luhan, this is my best friend, Chanyeol,” said Kris when he and Chanyeol were already with Luhan. “And Chanyeol, this is my friend, Luhan.”

 

Both Luhan and Chanyeol bowed and greeted at each other then three of them sat on the seats.

 

“I never saw you before, Luhan-ssi,” said Chanyeol. “Where did you meet Kris?”

 

“I met him at the alley not too far from Kris’ apartment,” Luhan answered. “I was falling from the sky and I...”

 

“What?!” Chanyeol’s eyes went wide after he heard Luhan’s reply. “You were falling from what?”

 

“I was falling from the…”

 

“Scooter!” exclaimed Kris hurriedly then he kicked Luhan’s foot under the table which made the angel grin in pain. “I found him fall from his scooter then I helped. We’ve been getting along well since then, right, Lu?”

 

Luhan puffed his cheeks in respond. He was so upset with Kris’ kick.

 

What’s wrong with him? He wondered confusedly. I don’t even know what the scooter is.

 

Because Luhan remained silent, Kris kicked the angel’s foot again to give him a sign to agree with him. “Right, Lu?”

 

Finally, Luhan nodded in an upset manner then he drank his drink. “Woah! What is this?” he asked with his eyes went wide as he looked at his drink in his hand.

 

“That’s bubble tea with taro flavor,” replied Chanyeol. “Is there something wrong with that?”

 

Luhan hurriedly shook his head. “No. It tastes so good, Chanyeol-ssi!” he exclaimed excitedly then he drank it again. “Kris, please, buy me one again before we get home, pleaseee~”

 

Kris chuckled to see Luhan’s reaction and he did not have a heart to say no. “I will,” he said then the angel cheered happily in response. “Oh! I almost forget about the reason we got here.”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “You guys got here to buy bubble tea, right?”

 

“Yeah, but we have a specific reason,” Luhan replied then he looked at Kris, giving him a sign to explain everything to Chanyeol.

 

Kris nodded at Luhan then he looked at Chanyeol. “Do you have an employee named Oh Se Hun?”

 

“Oh Se Hun?” Chanyeol asked back which then nodded by Kris in response. “How could you know him?” he asked again.

 

“Well, I don’t know him, but Luhan does,” said Kris. “You can tell that he’s a secret admirer of Sehun,” he chuckled, trying to break the tensed atmosphere that suddenly built up among them.

 

Even though Luhan did not know the meaning of secret admirer, he only nodded to enforce Kris’ words. “I used to see him there,” he said to Chanyeol as he pointed at the spot he had pointed before to Kris. “But why does he not work tonight? Do you know why?”

 

Chanyeol’s face looked so tensed up as he looked at Kris and Luhan one by one. He was confused how to tell them about Sehun.

 

I shouldn’t lie, he thought. But I’m afraid I would hurt them, especially Luhan.

 

“Chanyeol ah, are you alright?” asked Kris in worry because Chanyeol remained silent instead of answering their questions. “You look so pale in a sudden. What’s wrong? Are you sick?” he was about to put his hand on Chanyeol’s forehead, but the latter was hurriedly back away.

 

“I-I’m fine,” Chanyeol stuttered in reply. “It’s just…” he was suddenly being emotional when he was about to tell Kris and Luhan the truth. God, please, make me stronger… he wished. Chanyeol clenched his hands into fists then he looked at them with his wet eyes. “Oh Se Hun is no longer working in here… because… he is… he is…” before he could finish his words, Chanyeol already sobbed which made Kris and Luhan looked at each other confusedly.

 

***

 
request from my co author, Hasanaheart: PLEASE DO COMMENT FOR THIS STORY, ESPECIALLY THE CHAPTERS THA T SHE MADE..
she really  wants to know your opinion, my dear readers... ^.~V