6

EXO THE BALLAD - Miss You

Kris was awake as he heard the first ring of the table clock. He rubbed his eyes and yawned then he stretched his arms. It’s still too early to wake up… he thought sleepily. When he was about to sleep again, his eyes caught a petite figure that was sleeping peacefully next to him and suddenly he remembered that he was no longer living alone. Gradually, his lips formed a smile as he looked at the sleeping figure. He looks cute with my shirt, he chuckled. I should buy him some clothes after work because my shirt is too big for him.

 

Shortly after that, Luhan moved in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He yawned then he looked at the man who was lying next to him. “Morning,” greeted Luhan as he smiled sleepily.

 

Kris smiled back. “Morning too,” he said. “Have a nice sleep?”

 

Luhan nodded in response.

 

“What about your wound?” Kris asked again with worry. “Is it still hurt?”

 

Luhan shook his head, still with a smile plastered on his face. “It’s still hurt, just a bit, but it’s really better now than before. Thanks,” he replied. He felt so loved with Kris’ caring and it made him happy too.

 

“That’s good then,” Kris said in relief. “I’ll prepare the breakfast.”

 

“Kris,” called Luhan when Kris was about to leave the room.

 

“Hm?” Kris turned his body to face Luhan.

 

“Can I help you?” Luhan asked.

 

“Yes of course, but are you sure you’ll be alright? I mean, you still need a rest to recover your wound.”

 

“Naaahh, it’s okay. I can stand with it,” Luhan said as he smiled reassuringly at Kris. “I’m just getting bored being on the bed all the time,” he pouted.

 

“Okay. Come with me!”

 

Luhan walked slowly as he followed Kris’ steps behind. In the kitchen, the taller one taught the petite one how to make a coffee and sandwich, and cook the scrambled eggs. Luhan looked so happy when he ate the breakfast he made.

 

“It was fun!” he exclaimed as he smiled at Kris who sat next to him on the couch. “Can you teach me to cook another dish, Kris?”

 

Kris nodded as he munched the sandwich. “Sure! Why not? But, not now.”

 

“Why?” Luhan pouted.

 

“Because I have to prepare myself to work,” Kris said as he smiled warmly at Luhan. His eyes suddenly widened to see a stain of sauce in the corner of the petite one’s lips. “There’s a stain on your lips,” he told Luhan.

 

Luhan automatically cleaned his lips with his fingers, but he missed the stain. “Is it gone already?” he asked Kris.

 

Kris shook his head. “Not in that place, but there,” he said as he pointed his index finger at the stain was.

 

“Is it gone?” Luhan asked again after he cleaned his lips again.

 

Kris chuckled then he shook his head. Without telling him again, he took a piece of wet tissue and cleaned the stain with it. He accidentally touched Luhan’s plump lips with his thumb and it made him nervous in a sudden. I wish I could… Without he could understand what he did after that, he suddenly landed his lips on Luhan’s and nibbled them a bit before he broke the kiss.

 

“S-sorry…” he said after he saw the petite one’s surpriseness for being kissed in a sudden. “I just… I couldn’t…”

 

“What was that?” Luhan cut Kris’ words as he frowned at him confusedly while tilting his head.

 

“What was what?” Kris asked back, did not get what Luhan meant.

 

“This,” suddenly Luhan leaned on Kris, which made the taller one surprised, and touch his lips with his. “What was that?” he asked again after he broke the kiss.

 

Kris felt so hot and he could tell that his face might be reddened as a boiled crab, so he looked at anywhere except Luhan because he was so embarrassed. “It was a kiss,” he replied in a low tone, but it was still audible. “You don’t know about kiss?”

 

“I just know it now,” Luhan replied innocently which made Kris suddenly frowned at him with his jaw drop in surprise.

 

“Really?”

 

Luhan nodded. “It felt good by the way,” he said as he touched his lips with his finger. “Can you kiss me again?”

 

And Luhan’s request made Kris startle. “What?!”

 

“Kiss meee~” Luhan said as he started to lean on Kris again.

 

Kris could feel his heartbeat speed up than before as he felt Luhan’s breath hovering in front of his lips. What wrong with him? He thought. I never knew he could be this innocent. “I-I need to prepare myself in hurry, Lu,” he said as he pulled Luhan away.

 

“Fine,” Luhan pouted.

 

***

 

 “So, tell me what had happened with you yesterday?” asked Baekhyun when Kris was busy working with his papers.

 

Kris frowned confusedly at Baekhyun as he stopped what he was doing then he let out a chuckle. “Sorry, boss, but is it important for you to know that?” he asked back.

 

“Of course it is,” Baekhyun replied as he folded his arms and leaned his body on Kris’ desk. “You never been absent since you started working with me, so I found it weird when you said you couldn’t get to work yesterday,” he added. “Now tell me the story, Kris.”

 

Kris sighed heavily. He knew well that Baekhyun, his boss, would insist someone to get what he wanted, just like at the time. So Kris gave in. “There was someone whose back was hurt badly when I wanted to go to work,” he said. “I couldn’t leave him, could I? So, I took him to my place and took care of him yesterday.”

 

“Someone, huh?” asked Baekhyun as he cocked his eyebrow then he let out a chuckle. “A male or a female?”

 

“A male,” Kris replied as he frowned at Baekhyun. “Why did you ask that?”

 

“He must be handsome, right?” Baekhyun, who knew Kris’ ual orientation, ignored the question and asked him again.

 

“He’s beautiful instead of…”

 

“Well, I’m curious with him,” cut Baekhyun as he smiled at Kris who was dumbfounded by his action. “Take me to see him next time, okay?”

 

“Sure, but…”

 

Before Kris could complete his sentence, Baekhyun pulled himself away from his desk and waved his hand in the air, stopping him. “I need to continue my work now,” he said. “See you after work, lover boy!”

 

***

 

Luhan was watching tv when Kris got home. The petite one smiled happily at him and then he walked towards him. “You’re home,” he said as he wrapped his arms around the taller one’s neck then he kissed Kris on the lips.

 

Kris’ eyes widened with Luhan’s action then he pulled himself away. “W-what are you thinking you’re doing, Lu?” he asked.

 

Luhan frowned. “Isn’t it people always do when they greet each other’s home?” he asked back. “I saw it on tv,” he added.

 

Kris’ jaw dropped in the air, dumbfounded by Luhan’s innocent words, and then he laughed. “Yeah, but it’s for they are who close with the others,” he explained. “We just met yesterday. A hug is enough, but no kiss…”

 

“But you started to kiss me at the first place,” Luhan pouted. “Does it mean you don’t like my kiss? But I like it when you kiss me or I kiss you,” the petite one started to whine.

 

I’m doomed! Kris cursed himself. What should I explain this to him? He rubbed his nape nervously as he chuckled. “Don’t get it wrong, okay?” he said. “It’s not about I like or don’t like it, but…”

 

“Fine!” Luhan exclaimed in a sudden, cuting Kris’ words. He left Kris to the couch then he folded his arms as he watched something on the tv.

 

Kris’ sighed heavily. How to make this thing up? He slowly walked towards Luhan and then he took a seat next to him. “My angel,” he called the petite one as he reached for his hand. “Are you mad at me?”

 

Luhan did not respond as he pouted at the tv.

 

“Lu,” Kris caressed Luhan’s hand softly to calm him down. “It was my mistake at the first place. I’m so sorry…”

 

“What are you sorry for?” finally Luhan let out a voice.

 

“I shouldn’t have kissed you.”

 

Luhan turned his face at Kris and frowned. “Why?”

 

“Because a kiss is a sacred thing that you should only give it to someone you love,” Kris replied. I hope I don’t make it worst, just please, help me, God… he hoped. “I’m sorry, my angel…” he said as he bent down his face with his hand still caressing Luhan’s hand.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened to hear the reply. “So, I should give my first kiss to someone I love? To Sehun?” he asked for a reassurement.

 

Kris did not know why he felt his heart broke when he hear that person’s name. He then nodded his head weakly in response. “I’m so sorry,” he repeated.

 

Luhan let out a heavy sigh then he lifted up Kris’ chin with his free hand, so he could see him in the eyes. He smiled warmly at the taller one as he caressed his cheeks softly. “It’s okay, Kris,” he said. “As I said before, I like it when you kissed me. I wasn’t joking at all,” he added which made Kris’ cheeks blush. “I feel bad for Sehun, but it has happened, right? So, it’s okay now, Kris.”

 

Kris smiled then he nodded in response. “Thank you,” he said.  “Oh! I almost forget that I bought you some things.”

 

Luhan eyed Kris who was taking up some paper bags on the floor. “What are they?” he asked.

 

“Just find them out!” Kris smiled as he gave the bags to Luhan.

 

Without asking more questions, Luhan took the bags and started to open them one by one. His eyes widened when he opened the first bag. “New clothes for me?!” he exclaimed happily as he looked at Kris with his sparkling eyes.

 

Kris nodded. “Because my shirt is too big for you,” he said as he pointed at his shirt that was worn by Luhan. “Do you like the clothes?”

 

Luhan nodded eagerly then he hugged Kris tightly. “Thank you so much, Kris,” he said.

 

“Never mind,” Kris said then he pulled away from the happy Luhan. “Now, what are you waiting for? Try putting them on your body and let’s go to meet Sehun!”

 

“What?!” Luhan exclaimed in surprise.

 

“Didn’t I say that we would meet him tonight?”

 

“Well, yeah… you did, but…”

 

“Come on! Don’t waste your time while you’re here, in humans’ world,” Kris chuckled. “Go! Go!” he dragged Luhan to his room and then left him alone to change his clothes. After that, he went to the kitchen to drink a water.

I hope someone you love at the first place was me, my angel…

 

***

 

*clapping and giving a standing ovation

my co author is sooooo brilliant...

 

Hi~ I hope you'll like the update^^

hey, hey, please cheer our briliant author, Jamesthepirates, up!!!

she's a great author and I feel so lucky to work with her. Jamie, fighting!!!^o^)9