5

EXO THE BALLAD - Miss You

Kris frowned confusedly at Luhan. “Break the rule?” he asked. “What rule?”
 

Luhan was silent as he looked at Kris and gradually his cheeks reddened. Should I tell him about it? He thought with hesitation. Kris, who realized the changing color of Luhan’s cheeks, chuckled eventually.

 

How cute! Kris thought.

 

“What are you laughing at?” Luhan blinked his eyes in confusion.

 

Is there something funny? Is he laughing at me? What’s so funny about me? Luhan thought

 

Kris chuckled again before answering the question.

 

“Your cheeks,” he said. “They were getting red when I asked you what kind of rule you meant.”


“Is that funny?” asked Luhan, still feeling confused.
 

Kris shook his head as he smiled widely at Luhan, showing his handsome gummy smile.
 

“Then what were you laughing?” Luhan kept on asking Kris.
 

“Because you were so cute with that reddened cheeks,” Kris said then he rubbed his nape. He suddenly felt awkward after saying that sentence.

 

What was I saying? He thought in disbelief. I said he was cute? God! He must be thinking I’m weird.
 

Luhan’s eyes widened after he heard Kris’ words. I was cute? Then his cheeks reddened again as he looked away from the tall one. He felt shy in a sudden and he did not know why.
 

“Can we back to ‘break the rule’ topic again?” Kris said, trying to break an awkward moment between them. “I don’t know that angels have rule. And what kind of rule that you break?”
 

“Ermmm… it’s kind of privacy…”
 

“And that’s why your cheeks are getting red?” cut Kris as he smiled naughtily at Luhan.
 

Luhan nodded his head weakly then he cupped his cheeks as he looked down, feeling shy to be caught up by Kris. What should I do? He thought confusedly.
 

“If you don’t want to tell me, you can keep it secret then,” Kris said casually as if he knew what Luhan felt at the time. “You said it was kind of privacy so…”
 

“No,” Luhan cut in a sudden as he looked at Kris in his eyes, still with his redden cheeks. “It’s okay now, I think…” he was silent for a while as he breathed in and out to make himself relaxed. “Well, in our world – Angels’ world – there’s a rule that forbid all of us to fall in love with human…”
 

Kris’s eyes widened as he heard Luhan’s words.

 

“So, you’ve fallen in love with someone?” he cut in disbelief. That person is so lucky!
 

Luhan chuckled as he rubbed his nape awkwardly.

 

“Yes…” he replied shyly.
 

“Who is it?” asked Kris curiously. Can it be me? He wondered. I’m handsome though, ain’t I?
 

“He’s a bubble tea maker who works in Exodus Bubble Tea Shop two blocks from here,” Luhan answered as he played with the blanket that still covered his lower body. “His name is Oh Sehun.”


There was a big thud hit Kris’ heart. So, it isn’t me? He thought with disappointment. He let out a heavy sigh then he tried to smile normally. I shouldn’t show my true feeling towards him now, should I?

 

“Since you’re here, why don’t we get there to see him?” he suggested.
 

Luhan was so surprised to hear that suggestion and suddenly he felt uneasy. “Is it okay?” he asked. “I mean, I’m not fully recovered so…”
 

“Your wound is still hurt?” Kris cut by his question.
 

“It’s better now.”
 

“That’s good! I think we can go there tomorrow,” Kris smiled. “I know that place, but I don’t know who Oh Sehun is. The shop is open until eight at night. Let’s go there when I arrive from work. I’ll be home at seven every weekday.”
 

“Huh? But why don’t you go to work today?” asked Luhan confusedly. “You got your day off?”
 

Kris shook his head. “I should have been working now, but I can’t leave you alone with that wound, so I skipped it,” he said.
 

“I-I’m sorry,” Luhan stuttered in response. He felt guilty and happy with Kris’ answer. He felt guilty fo making Kris skip the job and happy for Kris’ presence. He would feel miserable if he left alone.
 

“Naaahh… it’s okay! I never skipped my work before and my boss should understand my situation now, I hope…” Kris giggled. Then he accidentally glanced at the clock on the table. “Wow! It’s been hours we’ve talked and it’s already seven at night,” he said in surprised. “You must be hungry, right?”
 

“Because you said that, I feel that way,” Luhan admitted shyly.
 

Kris chuckled at Luhan’s response then he got up. “I’ll make the dinner for us then,” he said before leaving Luhan. “And don’t try to move even an inch! You should be on the bed for twenty four hours a day, so you can be recovered soon.”

***
 

“Umm… Kris,” called Luhan at Kris when they had finished their dinner.
 

“Yes?” asked Kris as he took the dirty dishes to be washed up.
 

“Can you help me?”
 

“Sure,” Kris said without looking at Luhan since he was too busy taking up the dishes. “What can I help you?”
 

“My body is smelly and a bit sticky,” Luhan said as he played with the hem of his clothes. “What should I do?”
 

Kris stopped doing his activity and then he looked at Luhan with a frown on his face. Luhan was pouting at him and he found it cute, really cute.

 

“I think you never washed yourself up in your world, huh?” he said then he went to the kitchen to take the dishes down in the sink.
 

“Wash up?” asked Luhan to himself. “What’s wash up, Kris?” he asked to Kris as the tall one came back to his place.
 

“It’s same with clean your body, so it won’t be smelly or sticky,” Kris answered.
 

Luhan nodded even though he did not know fully what it was. “Can you help me then? Help me to wash my body?”
 

Suddenly, Kris’ cheeks were getting red. Is he serious? “I-I can, but…”
 

“But, why?” Luhan pouted. “I can’t be like this and I don’t like this. I’ve never been sticky or smelly before, so, please… help me…”
 

And Kris did not have a heart to refuse it. He gave Luhan a piggy-back to the bathroom and then he slowly put him down to the floor.

 

“Take your clothes off,” he said as he turned the water knob to fill the bath tub with warm water.
 

“Take my what?” Luhan asked in disbelief. How dare he asked me to take my clothes off in front of him?! He thought with annoyance.
 

“Well, you have to do that if you want to wash your body up,” Kris said as he looked at Luhan. “Look! We’re both male and grown up already. If you feel uneasy, I’ll lend you my boxer to cover your lower body.”
 

After deciding for a moment, Luhan agreed Kris’ idea to lend him his boxer. So, the tall one went out off the bathroom to take one of his boxers then he gave it to Luhan. The angel asked Kris to stay outside while he was changing and then he called him to get in the bathroom again.

 

“What should I do now?” he asked Kris.
 

Kris was amazed for a moment he saw Luhan’s half- body. His skin was so white and looked so smooth. “Get in to the tub,” he said then he walked to the drawer to take out shampoo and soap. “Is the water okay?” Kris asked when Luhan was in the tub, standing.
 

“Yeah, it feels so good,” said Luhan.
 

“You can lay down there,” said Kris then he knelt down beside the bath tub. “I’ll wash your hair first then I’ll wash your body.”

 

The tall one started to help Luhan bathing as he secretely praised the angel’s figure non-stop. I won’t feel burden to help him bathing for thousand times, he thought. It feels like I bath a child, an innocent one. It feels so fun.
 

“I feel better now,” said Luhan happily as Kris dried his body with a big towel. “Thank you, Kris. You’re the best!” then the angel gave the tall one a tight hug.
 

Kris never knew that the smells of his shampoo and soap were good until he smelt it on Luhan’s and he felt mesmerized for a while. I wish you could hug me like this forever.

 

“It’s okay,” Kris said then he broke the hug as he smiled at the angel. “Now, it’s time to sleep, my angel,” he chuckled. “Is it okay if I call you that way?”
 

Luhan chuckled and then he nodded. “It doesn’t sound bad, so why not?” he smiled back at Kris.

For once in his life, Kris never felt this egoist toward something- or someone. Once he saw Luhan, oh how he wished he could have Luhan just for him. If only he could take back his offer to Luhan looking for that Sehun..

 

How Kris wished…

 

***

 

this chapter is written by my cute brilliant co author hasanaheart

please give standing ovation and big applause for her

^^V

 

Hellooo~! It's me hasanaheart ^^

I'm so happy for being Jamie's co-author kekeke

I hope I can help her as good as I can

Keep your expectation low :D