Awkward

The Promise

 

Eunmi’s POV.

 

It’s been about a week since that awkward encounter with Mr. Wu Yifan and every time I let myself reflect and repent about it I would never fail to inwardly cringe at my own stupidity and embarrassing actions.

 

I would question myself: Why did you do it? Why didn’t you stop? Did you really enjoy it that much? How are you going to face him? Did humiliating yourself grant you any satisfaction?

 

That night was probably the epitome of all embarrassing moments that ever occurred to anyone. Of all ways to end our mini make out session, I smartly decided it was the most appropriate to bite down hard on his lips, earning a groan of pain from him before shoving him away with all the strength I could gather from my body. Needless to say I fled the scene as soon as I could and never talked to him ever since. Every time I spot a semblance of anyone blonde and tall, I’ll just turn away and run.

 

Sighingpie.

 

Previously, I never actually realized that Kris was in a few of my economics major classes, which adds on even more to my misery. In a matter of days, I heard countless of rumors about Kris like how he is known to be the school’s notoriously good looking chap that has bedded a significant amount of the student (female) population in just the first two weeks of school. And here I am, becoming another cliché victim of his charms. Can I just dig a hole and live on eating earthworms and never come out again? His pick up line was “do you happen to know me?” AND I FELL FOR DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW ME??????????

 

Not forgetting to mention that rumors of him making out with a mysterious unidentified girl in the corner of a club that day (in other words me) was spreading like wildfire.

 

To add on, I think I’ll need to consult my psychiatrist again. I seem to harbor some kind of a sadist mentality because I just got out of a violent environment with my dad a few years ago and it’s as if I’m avidly hunting for some kind of violence in my life (Kris and his whole fight club thing).

 

“Miss Hwang Eunmi. I would appreciate if you would pay attention when I’m lecturing”.

 

I froze and flushed pink when I realized everyone in the lecture was looking at me. I nodded apologetically at my economics professor and looked down at my laptop to hide my face. I really need to focus if I want to keep this scholarship. I sighed and looked up again, and my eyes subconsciously strayed to the tall blonde male across the auditorium. I regretted my decision instantaneously as I realized that Kris was looking right at me with a puzzled expression. I feel so restless right now I need to stab myself to wake up.

 

I managed to focus a little more towards the end of the lecture and started to pack my bag frantically when the lecturer was wrapping up. It’s become more of a habit to do so, just in case Kris approaches me. I know I’m being stupid because he would never do that because he probably regrets kissing a toad like me but I’m just trying to be on the safe side.

 

As I briskly made my way to the exit and out of the auditorium, I slowed down to a walk. It was when I felt a tug on my bag that I started to understand what it felt like to have death slowly eat you up. I turned around slowly with my head down and saw Kris’ shoes. To be honest, I wish I could just disappear. I tilted my head up to face him and I tried to appear friendly. I had awkward written all over my forehead and I strained my lips to produce a semblance of a smile.

 

“Hi. Kris. I, uh, I didn’t see you there. What’s up?” I managed to find my voice.

 

“Hey, I just wanted to apologize. I can see that I’m making you feel very awkward.” His voice sounded sincere.

 

I took a deep breath to regard what he just said and my hands immediately shot up to my nose. His fresh minty scent was just like what it was the other day. At my sudden action, his eyes widened ever so slightly.

 

Realizing what a major retard I was, I cleared my throat and searched for something to say but to no avail.

 

“You don’t have to feel awkward. That night didn’t mean anything alright. We were both intoxicated and you just reminded me a lot about someone I knew. I’m sorry if it’s making you feel uncomfortable but I hope we could be friends.” Kris calmly brought across the message.

 

It didn’t mean anything? I mean, passion is something. Anger is something. Embarrassment is something. Even regret is something. What does nothing even mean? And I was becoming a substitute? If he said I was pure ugly I could’ve taken it, but mistaken identity? Really?

 

“Oh thank god. I…. I was hoping you would say that. Yes, Kris. Let’s be friends and put what we’ve done behind us.” I smiled tightly.

 

Kris nodded in agreement and I turned around to walk away, leaving him behind.

 


Kris’ POV.

 

As I watched her walk away, I felt all energy drain from my body. What was this girl doing to me?

I don’t regret what I did. I just wish I could let you know and not scare you away…

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hehehehe, it's a rather uninteresting chapter but I guess you'll get to understand more about Eunmi as a person. 

Glad that my previous chapter got a lot more reads. Hehehe thank you for supporting me! Please do leave comments as it helps me feel inspired and motivated to write. ^^ And give suggestions as well! :)