The Mistake

The Promise

Eunmi’s POV

 

As Krystal introduced me, I felt myself flush in embarrassment. I could feel Kris’ intent stare burning right through me. I shifted my weight uncomfortably. Well, it wasn’t exactly like his stare made me feel uncomfortable; it just made me feel nervous and flustered. Like there were actual bloody butterflies in my stomach. His presence seemed to cast some kind of weird effect on me. Ugh, what the hell am I even thinking again?

 

 

Sensing an awkward pause, Luhan cleared his throat. “Well, this is my friend, Kris. We’re actually going to a club to have a little fun. Wanna tag along?”

 

Krystal whipped her head in my direction as if to seek my approval. I looked at her with a pained expression, hoping that she would be able to pick up my disinterest in the idea. She then decided it was a good idea to pout a little and went on with her classic puppy-eyed expression. Letting out a breath that I didn’t even know that I was holding, I nodded and let her have her way the second time tonight. Yes, I am keeping tabs.

 

Krystal – 2.

Me – 0.

 

Krystal’s face nearly split into half with her grin and before I knew it, I had loud music blaring in my face from every direction. Sweaty bodies were grinding against mine on the badly lit dance floor and my heart was thumping hard against my chest from all the tequila and vodka shots I took. Feeling slightly woozy and restless, I decided to get away to a more secluded corner of the club where no one else was standing.

 

Getting very tipsy was definitely not part of the plan. But I still did. I would probably blame it on the awkward car ride here as Krystal suggested that it was only “right” if we all went in one car instead. Even though there was some kind of conversation between all four of us, it remained largely awkward. Oh, and another attribute to my whole drunkenness would be because every time I looked over at Kris in the booth when we first got into the club, I would notice his dark eyes staring blatantly right back at me. And trust me; he was being totally unabashed about it.

 

I did try to stare him down but he seemed to be really good at it because I would always end up awkwardly shifting my vision elsewhere and take a shot while I’m at it because I’m not accustomed to making eye contact for more than 3 seconds. Kris seemed to take my action as a form of erse invitation to a drinking competition and matched my every shot with two shots himself.

 

Initially, I just thought that there was something on my face but then I decided against it because it didn’t seem like that was the reason as to why he was staring. I did, eventually, thought of trying to ask him for a reason, but I could sense that my words were starting to slur really badly, so I decided against that as well. Perfect, so please, don’t hesitate to give a round of applause for me.

 

Eventually I stood up and clumsily walked straight into the dance floor away from the booth, attempting to get away from that very very awkward situation, but only to be sandwiched between boys and girls grinding one another,. My mind was filled with images of just earlier tonight when I first saw Kris and he asked me if I knew who he was. Frankly speaking, I don’t even have the slightest idea who in the world he was. But boy, do I now wish that I knew him. Shaking my head, I frowned to myself as this must have been the billionth time I was letting my thoughts stray today and I made my way to the secluded corner of the club to cool down a little.

 

Leaning against the wall, I plastered my right cheek against the cool walls of the darker corner of the club to get the heat away from my body. With a throbbing head, I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to stabilize my breath.

 

Before I knew it, I felt a firm grab of my waist and I was subsequently wrapped into the arms of a stranger. Utterly shocked, I spun around to shove whoever who was violating my personal space, only to see the familiar white shirt that I’ve been staring down at the whole night. I let my eyes travel up and I saw Kris’ eyes shining brightly right back at me, even though it was so dim here in the corner. He had a dark and unreadable expression but his features were more defined at this proximity. He had a perfectly angled nose, and his cheeks were glowing pink against his fair skin from all the alcohol. His plump and red lips were slightly parted, and his white teeth where glistening through. He was breathing deeply and I could inhale a strong minty scent despite all the alcohol. His aura was enough to make me feel inferior about myself. Before I could process what was happening, I felt his lips crashing against mine, hard and forcefully.

 

Resisting at first, I couldn’t believe what was happening. Turning my head in another direction, I broke off the kiss. I then placed both my hand squarely at his chest and attempted to push him away. He effortlessly held me tighter with one hand around the small of my back and used the other to turn my head around to meet his eyes.

 

Looking straight at him, the expression he carried now was much softer. He was taking his time, looking straight into my eyes and he brought his lips to my ears and whispered loud enough only for me to hear, “You’re so damn beautiful.”

 

Those 4 words caught me and I froze. This ridiculously good-looking man that I met for the first time just a few hours ago said that I was beautiful and he said it as if he meant it. It’s stupid to believe things that someone says when they’re high but something in me wanted to believe it. I wanted to believe that he meant it, and that I meant something to someone. Mistaking my silence as a sign to go ahead, he slowly started taking my lips in his. This time it was more chaste and innocent. I didn’t know what to do but I could feel myself succumbing into the kiss. Feeling myself release the pressure I had previously placed on his chest, I started to unknowingly knot my hands in his soft, blonde hair as I tiptoed and pulled him down to my height to deepen the kiss.  His fresh minty breath was definitely a different from all the bad kissers I have ever met before. And his scent was so alluring and enticing at the same time. For a moment, it felt so genuine and passionate, as if he knew all of me. And that was when it hit me that this was wrong.

 

A/N: I think this was probably the longest chapter I've written :) I'm sorry if it's not fantastic but *pats my own back* Please do leave comments as it really makes my day :)