The Clear Line between Us

Differences

“Hey come back here!” A voice called.

Myungsoo turned his head and stood up.

Then it hit him.

 

 

His clothes were stained with paint.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Myungsoo looked up to find the culprit, who was now holding an empty bucket of paint. He felt like whacking the bucket on that guy’s head. Being him though he pulled on his straight face and looked straight at the boy with a glare. He could feel his blood rushing to his ears from anger. He bit back harsh words because it would earn bad reputation for him and his family. Myungsoo opened his mouth keeping that in mind.

“What the heck did you just do?” Before the boy could say anything, Myungsoo held his hand up signalling for him not to speak. “I’ll give you one chance to explain yourself. It better be good” He said with a dull tone.

What he didn’t notice the fact that the boy in front of him rolled his eyes at how he talked. “If you insist, your highness” The boy added emphasis on ‘your highness’ as if he was trying to irritate Myungsoo.

Sunggyu stared in disbelief that this was going to get serious. He would never intrude when Myungsoo was angry, not that he was scary, it was because he would want to bite Sunggyu’s head off, and Sunggyu hates when Myungsoo is angry. The true power of friendship for Sunggyu is when they don’t interrupt each other’s rage.

He saw the icy glare and aura that his friend was giving off. Also, he noticed the fact that the other boy with the paint bucket didn’t seem afraid of Myungsoo. Almost like he didn’t know who Myungsoo was... that minute Sunggyu was very confused, he had an assumption on who this boy might be...

Sung... min... No, or was it Yeol...

“Well, you see your majesty, me and my friend were painting the walls of the room over... there” The boy pointed at one of the separate rooms. “And then we started chasing each other around for fun, since I was running at Usain Bolt’s speed it resulting in colliding with you, simple enough?”

 The boy waited for a response, he was smiling quite brightly and Sunggyu thought that there were rays of sunshine coming from somewhere around his image. However Myungsoo scoffed at his smile.

 “Your explanation was stupid, like you”

How can he just judge someone without even knowing them? Could Myungsoo be any nicer to people.

The boy dropped his bucket. “Aren’t you going to clean the paint off me?” Myungsoo said with the same straight face and dull tone. He watched as the boy stared at him. Myungsoo expected him to wipe all the paint off and apologize.

“Are you prestige or something? Don’t you have your own hands?” He was taken back when the boy said that right to his face.

“Apologize”

“Why? It’s your fault, ever thought of moving out the way?” Sunggyu was praying just maybe they could go. He knew it was a bad idea to come here.

“Do you even know who I am? Kim Myungsoo” Myungsoo said looking at the boy who just looked annoyed. “My dad is the CEO of Kim Industries”

“I know, I see magazines and hear gossip but...” The boy looked into Myungsoo’s eyes “I don’t care about you or your money” He cleared his throat. “Just because you’re rich, doesn’t mean you have control over me”

“I have to go home to exact way I came here, not in your worthless paint. But you lower class people wouldn’t understand us, the higher class” Myungsoo saw the boys expression change, his lips slightly parted and he looked dumbfounded by what Myungsoo said. Just then someone ran up to the boy.

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol! I told you not to run with paint!”

So, his name is Lee Sungyeol. Myungsoo thought.

In the background Sunggyu was staring, gaping at the boy. That was who he was told to keep Myungsoo away from. That obviously backfired. Sunggyu quickly went to Myungsoo and whispered in his ear. “Myung, leave it, let’s go”

“Not until this person says sorry and cleans my clothes” Sungyeol nudged into Myungsoo and walked to the door.

“That’s it! You’re so annoying and I tried to put up with it, but whatever your name is... I forbid you from coming to this music store again, don’t try come again” Sungyeol opened the stores door.

The other boy scanned Sunggyu and Myungsoo then opened his mouth. “Why don’t you rich people just leave him alone” He sent a glare to Myungsoo who gladly returned the glare. “I’ll tell you my name so you can go; I’m Woohyun, not so nice to meet you. Bye”

Both him and Sungyeol shoved Myungsoo out, Sunggyu left after kindly placing a tip. Myungsoo was infuriated because of Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol – Who does he think he is?!

“Myung, don’t worry about that, just let’s not come here again... okay?”

“I can’t promise that”

“Please” Myungsoo gave him the look that he was tired and annoyed. Sunggyu got the message so he decided to leave the topic off at that. “Myungsoo, I can’t come out with you tomorrow, I was going to go with my dad” Sunggyu said, he was sorry since his friend was like smothered in paint.

//At the Music store//

“Yeol, are you alright?” Woohyun asked as he saw his friend clean up the paint on the floor. He heard Sungyeol mumble something but he couldn’t comprehend what he said. “What did you say Yeol?”

“Don’t tell dad about the paint or him”

Sungyeol’s voice was quite but Woohyun managed to hear what he said. Woohyun knew his friend; this wasn’t scary for him or anything. It’s the music store Sungyeol is worried about, whether or not that rich boy would tell his dad about it. As soon as Sungyeol looked up people would be able to see bright lights surrounding him when he smiled.

“Namu promise?” Woohyun accepted the little finger.

 

//Myungsoo’s house//

Myungsoo and Sunggyu got back from the music store; you must be joking to think Myungsoo walked back when his clothes were covered in paint. Luckily his butler or whatever that guy was called and came to get him. Now though he was even more furious at that Lee Sungyeol guy.

Who does he think he is?!

He angrily pulled out his phone and went to settings, then alarms. Myungsoo was going to set an alarm to go back, not to see him. For revenge. The boy likes paint; well paint is what he will get just more than he had. Myungsoo’s plan was to simply go there early and when Sungyeol isn’t looking he will run up the stairs he saw to the second floor, from there you can see the main desk and even throw something at an angle to hit whatever is beneath.

Or in this case, someone.

6:30 will do, it gives me enough time to get ready for it.

He lied in his bed, ignoring the fact his phone was buzzing so much, he knew it was Sunggyu. He must have been worried about Myungsoo a lot. However Myungsoo didn’t care about that, right now he just wanted the day to finish faster so tomorrow would come quicker. He had always liked the word ‘payback’ it serves the person who did wrong, exactly what they need.

Myungsoo just doesn’t seem to know what the word ‘accident’ means. He wouldn’t seem to proceed that Sungyeol meant for it as an accident, but he’s been thinking of it as something that was done on purpose. When he’s angry he doesn’t really listen to the truth, that’s why he didn’t believe when Sunggyu said on their way back that it wasn’t on purpose. Instead, he wants to get back at Sungyeol.

He thinks that after tomorrow, they won’t see each other again. They won’t, right?

Luckily for him, his eyelids were heavy and he felt sleepy. It was really early to go to sleep, but as he wanted the day to end quickly he let the sleep take over him rather than holding it back. Myungsoo’s parents were concerned about where he went for him to sleep in that early. Little did they know that their son had disobeyed their orders. After all, Myungsoo was their perfect child, their only child.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *    *

It was 6:30 in the morning and Myungsoo’s alarm went off quietly but he didn’t need it to be awake as his parents were louder than it. He got out of his bed and went to his closet to pick out what he was going to wear. Dark clothes really do suit him, so that’s what he chose to wear. A black shirt and dark coloured skinny trousers, anything like this makes all the ladies fawn over him.

After he got ready, he went downstairs to the table, waiting for his breakfast. His parents just looked at him before the cook placed the plate of sweet waffles on the table. “Myungsoo honey, why are you up so early today?” His mum asked.

“I was going to go out to buy something”

“Oh with Sunggyu?” When Myungsoo’s dad saw Myungsoo shake his head he raised an eyebrow. “Then who?”

“No one, I’m going by myself, don’t worry” He got up from the table after shoving the rest of his waffle in his mouth. Myungsoo went back upstairs to sort out his hair; he styled it so it would look nice. Then he wondered why he was putting effort in to his hair and clothes, he’s going to go with a revenge plan not a date plan. Instead of changing and combing his hair down he decided to leave it since it was already done.

Myungsoo had just left the house and luckily he didn’t forget to bring some money to buy the paint. After walking around for a while trying to find a shop which would sell the right kind of paint in a bucket, he stopped at one shop. ‘Paint and other helpful items sold here’ was on a sign on the window. Without hesitation he opened the door and straight away went to the paint section. In the section he saw acrylics (not useful), poster paint (not useful) and buckets of wall paint. They had the exact colour he wanted.

When Myungsoo was covered in paint the colour was a light blue, but now the colour he wanted to get back with was an embarrassing bright colour. He walked to the till where the girl showed a lot of interest in him. Eww He thought she looks like she’s eighty years old. “I’d like to buy this paint bucket”

“Yes sir, would you like it wrapped?”

Who wraps paint buckets?! Myungsoo thought it was really odd, he handed the money to her. “Keep the change, you’ll need it” With that he walked out leaving her with open.

Since he knew the directions so well he managed to walk in different roads and still get there. He took a glance through one of the windows to see if Sungyeol was there and which way he was looking. Woohyun was free so he was walking around and Sungyeol was talking at the desk to a customer. So there Myungsoo stood waiting for Woohyun to turn before he could slyly walk in through the other door and quickly go up the stairs.

As soon as Woohyun turned Myungsoo took the chance to sneak in, he hid behind the piano and crept up the stairs. Going up the stairs was harder because Woohyun turned and saw him. Luckily he just turned back singing a song with his eyes closed, feeling the emotion. Once he reached the top, he started to open the bucket of paint, it was stiff but he had brought something that would open it. He carefully placed the lid on the floor and went to the rail which is above the desk but slightly behind; Myungsoo positioned the bucket and waited until the costumer had left.

A few minutes had gone and the costumer left, Myungsoo saw the smile on Sungyeol’s lips and smirked. “Lee Sungyeol, up here” Myungsoo shouted from where he stood. Sungyeol didn’t look up; instead he looked to where Woohyun was. A second later the happy boy was drenched in hot pink paint.

 

*       *      *     *     *     *     *     *     *

“OH MY GOD, SUNGYEOL!” Woohyun ran up to his friend. “What the heck happened?!” Sungyeol wiped the paint off his eyes and mouth; he looked up at Myungsoo who was smirking through it all. When Woohyun caught where Sungyeol was looking, he too looked up at Myungsoo. The boy who was standing above them walked down the stairs, and came closer to them. By now customers were staring at them all, some had continued shopping and tried hard to not pay attention while others backed away.

Myungsoo felt proud seeing Sungyeol covered in the mess of hot pink paint. Woohyun glared at him and felt the urge to punch Myungsoo right in his pretty face, but Sungyeol held him back.

Sungyeol was angry, he wanted Woohyun to punch Myungsoo but he held it in. That was until Myungsoo said “Revenge is sweet like the colour hot pink, right?” Sungyeol right then and there slapped Kim Myungsoo on the cheek. The boy stood still smirking. This made Sungyeol confused and more embarrassed. “Watch who you slap” Myungsoo looked at him with the same dull expression Sungyeol saw yesterday. Myungsoo thought Sungyeol was going to break down in tears.

“You’re a real brat” Sungyeol spat at him. “That’s why I don’t like you”

He cleaned his face, It was his hair and clothes that really got effected, his face was hit slightly but enough to be a mess. After he cleaned his face Myungsoo spoke up. “You know you shouldn’t mess with rich people”

The boy, who threw his tissue in the bin, slammed his hand on the desk. “It was an accident! But you wouldn’t know what that means because you think to highly of yourself”

“I don’t”

“You clearly do!”

“I’m rich, you’re just one of the nobodys” Myungsoo looked away from Sungyeol.

“You’re so irritating!” Sungyeol said, he didn’t want to start anything but it was happening. He knew it would be bad to argue with the son of a rich man. He was walking away, trying get away from Myungsoo. He stopped by the wall when Myungsoo grabbed his hand and forcefully pushed him against the wall.

“You said before that you didn’t like me” He slammed his hands on each side of Sungyeol, trapping the taller boy. “I don’t like you either because of the line that separates us”

“We’re completely the opposite of each other” Sungyeol said looking away from Myungsoo’s eyes.

“Yeah, I have a perfect life” When Myungsoo said that, Sungyeol scoffed.

“At least I’m not a brat who comes from a place which only makes me more fake” Sungyeol said, he felt odd since he was trapped and covered in paint. “If I can Kim Myungsoo, I would make your life like hell so you can experience it for yourself and that ‘line’ won’t exist”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Try me”

 

 

_________________________________________

Update update~ I really hope you like it. Omgomgomg though, so many subscribers and an upvote, wow. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH <3 :D I like the comments kyakyakya. Yehet. Shi shi shi. Byeee!! >.<

I will do an update sometime about their past story thingy :P Keep reading and enjoy