Starting an alliance

Differences

“Goodnight M-Myungsoo” Sungyeol whispered so the boy wouldn’t hear him.

 

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Sungyeol woke up to the bright morning sun. In his eyes there were little sparkles and his lips automatically formed a pout when he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. He let out a small yawn and stretched his arms and legs. Sungyeol didn’t look to the left side of his bed where Myungsoo was still sleeping. Obliviously Sungyeol rolled about in his bed, when he stopped rolling he was facing the left side of his bed. There he saw Myungsoo sleeping on his back, his hair was covering his forehead and it was messy. Sungyeol just stared at the boy; he understood why every girl would like him. The boy was practically flawless. However, Sungyeol disliked his flawlessness and his ‘perfection’. He couldn’t really be all of that, everyone has flaws.

Sungyeol’s mind wondered to last night, the thoughts he had, the sensation and the feeling of being that close to Myungsoo. He could imagine his face getting red because of how embarrassed he was last night. Sungyeol hoped that Myungsoo had been asleep when that happened.

But the tall boy had known that it was Myungsoo who had pulled him... closer.

Why would he though?

What was pressed to his cheek yesterday?

The boy stepped around Myungsoo and slowly opened the door to wash up. He got to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He pouted when he saw how his eyes looked. Sungyeol washed his face, brushed his teeth and showered. After that he looked in the mirror again, his eyes still looked a bit bad. He looked in a cabinet and pulled out black eyeliner, it usually helped and made his eyes look better. Sungyeol’s dad had always had something against Sungyeol’s eyes. The boy guessed that maybe, just maybe his eye’s looked like his mum’s. Sungyeol stared at his own orbs before running the eyeliner on his eye lids. It made his eyes stand out, personally he liked his eyes. They were different to his dad’s. Completely different.

He changed in the bathroom and quickly checked his room to see if Myungsoo was still asleep, and he was. Sungyeol prayed that his dad wouldn’t go in his room since the door was unlocked. He quickly ran down the stairs and he managed to not make a noise. Sungyeol began to make breakfast for two. When he made his plate he sat down at the table and ate it. After that the tall boy made another plate of food, it was for Myungsoo. He silently went back to his room, everything looked fine. Sungyeol closed the door behind him, locking it again.

Sungyeol stared at the sleeping boy’s figure; he saw the bruises, cuts and that stab wound from yesterday. He poked Myungsoo, the boy stirred at the action. Sungyeol pouted when Myungsoo wouldn’t wake up. Keeping a pouty face, Sungyeol placed the plate of food on a small table. He had no idea that Myungsoo was awake and watching his pout.

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol. He wanted to say he hated that pouty face... but he couldn’t. The younger boy let of a sigh which made Sungyeol jump. Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo who sat up. The bed cover drooped down a bit and exposed his collarbones. Sungyeol swallowed and moved his gaze to the plate of food. “Your um... b-breakfast” he tried hard not to look at Myungsoo’s bare torso.

“Is this even food?” Myungsoo said made Sungyeol’s jaw drop at the rudeness. He watched Sungyeol leave the room. Quickly he took a few bites out of his breakfast. Sure it wasn’t made by chefs and served to him, but it tasted alright, it looked like something you would get served in a 5 star restaurant. The taste wasn’t quite 5 stars...

Nonetheless Myungsoo actually liked it. The food was... different.

Sungyeol knew himself, that his cooking was as bad as the word could get. He liked cooking but it was something he could never make taste like anything good. The only good thing about the dishes he made was that when it came down to presentation, it looks amazing. It was just the taste of the food, it made Woohyun throw up in the sink because Sungyeol’s food was that bad. Woohyun learnt a valuable lesson from that: Never eat food made by Sungyeol. It wasn’t just those complicated dishes; it was the easy ones too. If you gave Sungyeol a recipe to follow, he would just look at the ingredients and equipment then he would do it the way he thought was right. That day Sungyeol made cupcakes with Woohyun and the older boy’s cupcakes didn’t look as nice as Sungyeol’s. But the taste was far off. Woohyun wanted to know how he got an easy cupcake recipe wrong.

The conclusion was: Sungyeol just can’t cook. Honestly, the tall boy was more of a creative person. He loved art and anything which involved creativity. Art was his best subject. He was terrible at Maths, Korean History, Korean in general, Science and Geography. Maybe it was because he never paid attention in the lessons, however with Art, Sungyeol would always be the student that the teacher pointed out for amazing work. 

The door opened and Sungyeol came in, shutting the door and locking it behind him. He blinked when he saw the plate of food. Small pieces were missing, that made him bite back a small smile. Did that mean Myungsoo liked his food? If he did, that would be the first person who had ever liked Sungyeol’s cooking. Sungyeol held out a small box out, in front of Myungsoo. The boy raised an eyebrow at him. It took him a second to realise that the box in front of him was a first aid kit. “You need it” was all Sungyeol said. Myungsoo nodded and stood up, letting the covers slide off. He smirked when he saw Sungyeol whip his head in the other direction and the boy’s ears were red.

“My hands ache, aren’t you going to apply it for me” Myungsoo said, he had a straight face on but it was clear he was smirking on the inside.

“Why should I? When my hands ache, I do it by myself” The tall boy said staring at nothing in particular, the wall. Myungsoo upon hearing that walked to where Sungyeol was and showed Sungyeol his left arm. There was the stab wound he saw yesterday.

“I write with my left hand, I can’t apply it with my right hand, it’s just weird” Of course Sungyeol doesn’t know that Myungsoo actually writes with his right hand. Sungyeol motioned for Myungsoo to sit on his bed and when he did, the tall boy got on the bed on his knees behind Myungsoo. He scavenged through the first aid kit to find whatever medication that would help.

“Ball point injection pen... we have some Tipp-Ex...” Myungsoo’s eyes widened. Did he just say Tipp-Ex and a ballpoint injection pen? Myungsoo quickly turned and faced him to see the first aid kit. It didn’t come across him that they were so close. Not as close as last night though. Myungsoo saw how the first aid kit looked. It was an ordinary kit however there was something separating two compartments in the kit. One side had real medication, but Sungyeol’s eyes were fixed on the side which had random things like the Tipp-Ex and ballpoint injection pen. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and pointed at the medication that was real. He watched as Sungyeol made an ‘o’ shape with his mouth. “But why can’t you just use Tipp-Ex?” Myungsoo stared in disbelief.

Sungyeol looked up at him and his forehead collided with Myungsoo’s. “Owww” the tall boy rubbed his forehead and glared a bit at Myungsoo.

“Are you that stupid?” Myungsoo asked bluntly. Sungyeol looked hurt when Myungsoo asked that. He’s not dumb; he’s just not the brightest. Waiting to see Sungyeol get angry at him, Myungsoo stared at him.

Still hurt, Sungyeol stood up abruptly. “Fine, I’m stupid. Apply the medication yourself then” He turned and waited for some sort of apology.

“Maybe I will apply it. Since I know you can’t tell the difference between Tipp-Ex and real medication” Sungyeol turned to see Myungsoo pretending to struggle whilst applying some medical cream.  The ‘struggling’ boy had managed to apply cream everywhere but his back. Myungsoo took a look at Sungyeol who still had his back to him. He coughed which gained the tall boys attention. Sungyeol faced Myungsoo, staring. “Can you apply it on my back?”

Sungyeol bit his lip nervously and walked over to him. He slowly got on the bed, on his knees. Myungsoo passed him the medication without a word. The older male took the medication and squeezed a ‘suitable’ amount. He sat there looking at the cream in his hands. “Are you going to rub it in or not?” Myungsoo said, making Sungyeol jump back to his senses.

“Oh... yeah...” He began to rub it on Myungsoo’s back gently but he thought of everything rude that Myungsoo said to him came up. Sungyeol kneed the lotion on to Myungsoo’s back bringing pain to the younger.

“Yah!” Myungsoo winced at a spot where Sungyeol hurt hurt him. Myungsoo turned and looked at Sungyeol. The boy was staring at his hands but he looked so sad that it made the younger pity him for a second. It was just a mere second. Then that feeling of pity faded because Myungsoo never liked pitying people. Especially if they were anything like Sungyeol. Myungsoo was told by his parents at a young age to not get caught up in regular people drama. Yet here he was, doing exactly that. Sungyeol was just a regular boy and now Myungsoo was caught in his drama. He realised something.

He had officially broken all his promises with his parents in this one week.

Sungyeol stayed like that, he was hurting so much that it felt like he was burned by the past. He was looking down and staring at his hands. There was nothing interesting about him. His dad was right when he said last month:

“Sungyeol, you’re crazy if you think some idiot would actually love you. You’re a pathetic child, you’ve always been”

Those words stung Sungyeol, not like a bee stinging him. It felt like he was stabbed by the words and the wound still stung him. Despite those words, Sungyeol acted as if he never cared. But in reality he was hurting so much. What made his dad almost hate him? Was it his features or was it his lack of knowledge. Sungyeol really didn’t know. Maybe it was his mother. Something stuck his thoughts. It was more like an image but it ached and sent horrid pain through his head. Myungsoo stared curious but something made him think Sungyeol deserved that pain.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     * 

“Oh what a coincidence we meet here”

“Really? I think it’s because I need to buy milk”

“No. It’s a coincidence”

“No. It’s milk”

“Why would you buy milk here?”

“Because it’s a shop!” Sunggyu felt like pulling out his hair which he thought was going to turn grey if the boy in front of him would shut up. Honestly after Myungsoo missing he was not in the mood at all. He was annoyed that the boy in front brought up meaningless conversations whilst he was in the que for buying things.

“... oh yeah” Woohyun said thinking about what he just said.

“What are you even buying?!”

“Time”

“What the-” Sunggyu was cut off when Woohyun began singing. “What are you-” He sang louder. Sunggyu tried to speak louder than his singing “Are you going to mo-”

Woohyun sang louder.

Sunggyu let out an irritated sigh and walked off not caring about the milk, he left it to the side and walked out the shop. Forget the milk; this boy was freaking annoying him to bits. Who brings up a conversation and sings when you try to ask something. Woohyun didn’t follow him out the shops instead he waved with a smile. Oh if Sunggyu had that milk, he would’ve poured it all over the boys head. Sunggyu knew though, he didn’t have the heart to do that.

And that was something Myungsoo would do.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Sungyeol got up from his position and let out a long sigh. It was about time he got ready. The tall boy pouted when he couldn’t be bothered to get ready. He was too lazy right now. It was only 9 in the morning and Sungyeol had woken up at 7. The boy was an early riser... only he hadn’t quite registered that it was a fine day off school. Sungyeol remembered what he was going to do today, go to a secret place. He got ready after a debate with his brain. In the end his brain one by telling him that he would smell like the dustbin.

The taller boy came out the bathroom wearing his clothes; he held his towel in his hands. He had seemed to have forgotten that Myungsoo was ever in the room. Sungyeol began to hum a song by one of his favourite groups. He folded his towel and put it away, still not noticing Myungsoo. Then he starting singing to the song he had been humming to. Myungsoo stared up at him.

Myungsoo had just noticed Sungyeol was wearing eyeliner. He would never ever admit to it looking nice on him. He hates him to bits. It’s just this one favour and he’ll never have to see Sungyeol ever again. That was a good thing to him. Away at last then. Not once will he miss him. No. Never ever will Myungsoo miss Sungyeol. The two started their own rivalry and if was finally going to end because there’s no point in keeping an enemy when you’re never going to see them again.

Sungyeol jumped back when he noticed Myungsoo staring at him, he obviously had forgotten him for that brief time. The thing was Myungsoo kept staring intensely; it was starting to make Sungyeol feel awkward. The staring went on for god knows how long because time kind of stopped for them both. Not in the good way. Sungyeol’s time stopped because of how awkward he was feeling and he lost himself in his thoughts. Myungsoo’s time stopped because he was generally thinking about Sungyeol and all the negative things. Although he couldn’t say that quite a lot of random positive things came up.

The tall boy sifted his gaze to objects in his room so that he wouldn’t feel awkward under Myungsoo’s intense gaze. His gaze seemed like it was boring in to the boy’s soul. Finally the awkward (for Sungyeol) silence broke when Myungsoo spoke up. “You’re pretty stupid to have just noticed me”

Sungyeol looked dumbstruck but snapped out of it after realising that Myungsoo had called him stupid. He groaned “I’M NOT STUPID!” Sungyeol threw socks at Myungsoo who luckily missed the hit.

“No need to get all aggressive” Myungsoo said expressionless, he had said it with no tone in his voice. Sungyeol threw a nearby towel at him, it missed again. “Calm down, you wouldn’t want to stress your tiny brain”

“SHUT UP!” The tall -now furious boy yelled. He pouted at Myungsoo to which the boy kept a poker face on. “You” Sungyeol pointed his index finger directly at Myungsoo. “Are so annoying!” He practically growled at Myungsoo but the boy smirked.

“I know you are but what am I?”

“OH MY GOD” Sungyeol furiously yelled at him. “You are so immature!”

“I know you are but what am I?”

“SHUT THE FUDGE UP” The tall boy let out an exasperated sigh and flopped down onto his bed. “Get ready”. Upon saying that Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, Sungyeol took it as a ‘why?’ “Because I’m going to somewhere special and I can’t leave you here alone” Sungyeol threw a clean unused towel at Myungsoo, unfortunately for him the boy caught it. Sungyeol kind of wished that the towel would have hit him on the head since all the other objects he had thrown missed his target –Myungsoo.

Myungsoo headed to the bathroom and closed the door behind him when he entered. He switched on the shower and did whatever else was needed. The bathroom was a fairly normal size but Myungsoo couldn’t help but compare the size of it to his own at home. The one at his house was huge and it had everything separate. There was a bath tub, a shower, the sink, the toilet and cabinets with other things in it. Basically it was all luxurious.

After the shower Myungsoo stood wondering how the hell he was going to get clothes to wear. The thought of wearing someone else’s clothes outside of this house made him shiver. Why would he even want to wear Sungyeol’s clothes? They would be tacky and horrid. But they would also be the best when it came to disguising as someone else as no one else would notice that the Kim Myungsoo was wearing those tacky clothes. More or less it was a favour so he might as well take some things out of it. That’s also a problem; it’s only a favour not a deal.

He stepped out the bathroom with a towel around his waist; however there was nothing else that he was wearing. Sungyeol looked up for a brief second and then he looked back at his phone, then at Myungsoo. The tall boy let out an unmanly scream. He covered his eyes from seeing anything. “YAH! PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!”

“I don’t have any, stupid” Ignoring the insult that was repeated from earlier, the tall boy pointed to the wardrobe to the left of his room. Myungsoo just went to it and stared at the wardrobe before opening it. Inside he found cute clothes, random clothes and casual clothes. He picked something that was fairly decent for his liking. He put on the plain black jeans and the dark blue shirt. He sighed and walked over to where Sungyeol sat, covering his eyes. “You can look now” Myungsoo said, he had that same face on and it annoyed Sungyeol.

How could one be so grumpy when they had literally everything? Why would you dare to want more to fill the happiness? Sungyeol hated how Myungsoo was like that. He had some things but Sungyeol only dared to have love from his father. That wasn’t too much to ask right? However it seemed like it. Day by day Sungyeol felt distant from his father but all they ever did when they were together was bicker and argue about the same things and occasionally the topic would change to something more negative. Like yesterdays topic: His mums death. That was a topic he never thought would come up. It had only given Sungyeol the thought that his dad really did hate him.

Sungyeol peeped at Myungsoo who thankfully was wearing clothes. When the younger boy wasn’t wearing clothes Sungyeol could feel his ears burning up. He removed his hands from covering his eyes; he got up and slid on his own pair of shoes. After he did so, the tall boy grabbed an A4 art sketchbook and his pencil. Myungsoo watched him before wondering why he would need that. Sungyeol turned around so that he was facing Myungsoo “Here, shoes” he had pointed at a shoe rack by the door. Myungsoo just picked the black ones to go with the jeans he was wearing. Sliding them on he noticed Sungyeol was peering out a small gap though the door.

“Come” Sungyeol said, Myungsoo felt like a dog for a while. He was being ordered to do things and fir the first time in his life he was actually listening to what the person was saying. Myungsoo told himself that he only followed the orders because it was a favour and he would be able to get away from Sungyeol after. Myungsoo followed and by accident stepped on a creaking floorboard. It had made Sungyeol whip around facing him. They were close but too close for both of their likings.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes when he noticed the slight blush on Sungyeol’s cheeks. To him that was despicable, a guy liking him. That was beyond horrid although he knew Sungyeol hated him to the bone. No one moved an inch until Myungsoo’s breath hitched on Sungyeol’s face. The boy jumped back not liking the breath. He awkwardly turned back around and crept down the same. Myungsoo copied him.

The tall boy quickly opened the door and shoved Myungsoo outside. He grabbed some items before slamming the door behind him. A faint “SUNGYEOL!” was heard, it was his dad calling for him. He grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and ran as quickly as he could away from the house. They arrived at a small circular garden area, it was completely deserted. The first thing Myungsoo did was shake his hand from Sungyeol’s.

Sungyeol sighed and faced him holding up a thin scarf which was a pale blue. He hesitated before wrapping it around Myungsoo’s mouth. The younger boy stayed still and silent. He knew what Sungyeol was doing by wrapping a scarf around him. He was making it less obvious that it was Kim Myungsoo. He didn’t have any time to protest but it was for his own good. “Sorry about the run” Sungyeol said whilst taking a seat on the bench.

Myungsoo chose to sit in front of a tree, resting his back on the trunk. The boy observed Sungyeol taking out the pencil and sketchbook. He went into his thoughts again.

Myungsoo didn’t really want to go back. He wouldn’t even think about stepping back to his parents, the same ones that left him all the time. However he had reasons to go back too. The younger would be able to see his best friend Sunggyu again. He would be able get everything back. All that and he could get away from Sungyeol. Forever. Sure he was in pain but the medicine he got was helping. He smiled to himself when he thought of someone applying Tipp-ex on his wounds. It was just someone though. Someone he happened to hate.

Sungyeol sketched randomly with his pencil filling up his thoughts. This was his best way to get rid of things that annoyed him and constantly inflicted his thoughts. He drew things he liked or anything that really came in to his head. His drawing was starting to look like a 3D waffle. Sungyeol giggled cutely before sketching more. He was oblivious to Myungsoo’s eyes fixed on him. Although his eyes were fixed on him, Myungsoo wasn’t thinking of him now. It was more personal things.

Each pencil of Sungyeol’s together made a perfect realistic picture. The sketch turned out to be Woohyun eating a waffle. It looks so real though. Sungyeol kind of missed his friend’s jokes, but in general he missed Woohyun. It had only been a day but still. “I’m having Woohyun withdrawal symptoms” He giggled. Myungsoo was still staring at him. He had zoned out from thoughts but his eyes lingered on the drawing. Myungsoo had no idea he was that good at drawing. Too bad he’s dumb at everything else. Myungsoo thought.

“That’s stupid”

Sungyeol stuck his tongue out at Myungsoo and went back to his drawing. “Your life is stupid” He muttered. How many times did he have to say he wasn’t stupid, he was just not the brightest. He feels like a piece of rubbish whenever people tell him that he’s stupid. However when Myungsoo says it, he only gets an urge to punch him right in that blank face of his. Sungyeol stole a glance at Myungsoo only to find out that he was staring at him with that same look he had on every day. The artistic boy could feel heat rising to his cheeks. It was awkward to have someone staring right at him for so long.

The boy who was in a trance was too busy thinking.

Why was it that his parents didn’t want him to go to that music store? Why wouldn’t his parents tell him what had happened? Though, Myungsoo knew he would have to find out by himself. To find out, it would only mean needing Sungyeol’s help. However that was something he wasn’t planning to do. After all, they both wouldn’t want to see each other after this. It was part of the deal. Myungsoo said that he would leave Sungyeol alone in order to keep to the deal of him staying until he has to go.

Myungsoo has to know about his parent’s past with Sungyeol’s dad.

People who he’s never seen before until a few days ago found out about it all. It couldn’t be that hard. Myungsoo just knew it. He knew that the only way he was going to get information was from Sungyeol. He was going to do it. He was going to get the information whether he had to stay with Sungyeol or not.

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo was going to solve the mystery.

With Sungyeol.   

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for subscribing! =D I know some of you wanted to know about the past so that may come in a few more chapters. 

You guys are awesome =')

Subscribe, comment or even upvote. =)