School drama (part 1)

Differences

“See you in school!”

 

 

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

This seemed like it was becoming a routine. After coming from the music store for the second time, each time though he would be frustrated because of whatever the boy would say. This time it’s ‘see you in school’. Myungsoo goes to a private rich school. Not a dump for lowers.  Only if Sungyeol was a stalker he would follow him to his school, and plus, doesn’t he himself have to go to school?

Myungsoo groaned again. For the nth time in the past few days, he’s come back and either groaned or moaned about Sungyeol. Though that Sunggyu still manages to lecture him about Sungyeol and the fact one day Myungsoo’s parents will find out.

It may seem like Sunggyu knows why the families are on bad terms, but really he doesn’t, he’s just as clueless. Although Sunggyu has asked about the ‘problem’, Myungsoo’s parents said that he didn’t need to know and it’s just something.

But Sunggyu’s smart enough to know that if it was just something, they should’ve just forgiven and forgotten about it.

“Why aren’t you giving me the lecture?” Myungsoo asked Sunggyu who sat opposite him in the room.

“I don’t have to you know, and plus, it’s kind of my fault that I never went with you” Myungsoo smiled at him. “Why are you smiling? A few seconds ago you were going to kill that vase of flowers”

“It’s nothing”

“Excited for school tomorrow?” Sunggyu asked hoping that Myungsoo still had it fresh in his head, and he did.

“No, what the hell is he? A stalker?” Myungsoo asked. “How would he know where our school is?”

“Probably not and I don’t know”

“Does your mum know your here?”

“No, and it would be better to go home, thanks for reminding me” Sunggyu got up and punched his friends shoulder lightly as a joke. They both went to the door “Bye, see you in school tomorrow!”

“Bye, and yeah but did you have to say that?”

Myungsoo waved bye to Sunggyu who practically said what Sungyeol said to him. He closed to door and turned to look at his house. It was empty if you didn’t count the maids and butlers. It’s like this nearly every day, Myungsoo’s used to the house without his parents being in it.

Sunggyu is like the only company that Myungsoo has, the only person who has entered his house and witnessed the emptiness. Myungsoo went to his room and took out his uniform for tomorrow; he set up his bag and left it with his uniform.

Although he was called down for his dinner, he didn’t go downstairs. Myungsoo lied about being not hungry and right now his stomach is making these angry gurgling sounds. He doesn’t want to eat, not one bit. Myungsoo told himself that he wouldn’t eat without his parents.

An hour went by just like that and there Myungsoo found himself sitting at the dining table alone, staring at the plate of food in front of him. It was eleven and no one was back, he texted Sunggyu before and the boy insisted he should eat. So here he is eating his dinner with just the maids and butlers to witness.

It wasn’t always like this Myungsoo bet; his parents must have had one nice family dinner together and celebrated birthdays.

 Just when did that all change?

Myungsoo flicked the last pea off the table and grumpily walked back to his room.

He sat on his bed and stayed still, with his eyes diverted to the clock. He watched the minute hand move as every 60 seconds passed. Soon enough he just got sick of it and snuggled into his warm bed. There he fell fast asleep, forgetting about his parents and Sungyeol.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

It was morning when Myungsoo woke up to the sound of his mum’s voice calling him. “Myungsoo, you’re going to be late for school!” He got out of his bed and got ready but remained in his room for a while, making sure he was late. Why? Because he remembered that a certain someone is going to be waiting at his school.

He heard his mum once again call for him, only this time it was to join her for breakfast rather than waking up. Myungsoo ignored it and after a ‘come down when you want’ his mum stopped calling him downstairs.

Time seemed to be going so slow, he had been watching the second hand just like yesterday at the dinner table. Myungsoo tried to find something to distract him from watching the boring clock. His eyes landed on the small coloured rubix cube on his cabinet. He was moving each cube but began to get annoyed at it so he plucked each cube off and re-attached it the way it was supposed to look when it’s finished.

Honestly Myungsoo was irritated by his parents and nevertheless his new enemy. Lately he’s been acting different in the eyes of his parents, the maids and the butlers. He sat there after placing the rubix cube down, and was thinking about that. He was still the same, right?

When he knew he was going to be quite late he decided to straight away leave from his room and then out the house door without saying by to his parents. This action made his parents worried and confused at the same time.

Of course they were oblivious about Myungsoo’s feelings.

The maids and butlers were confused too, though one maid smiled at what was happening.

 

Myungsoo slowly walked to school and was for once cautious about who was near him. People looked in his direction and recognised who he was, but straight after they would turn around and pretend they didn’t see a high class person.

However Myungsoo liked that people were grouped differently. It was grouped on wealth poor, middle and yours truly... the higher class. He thought throughout growing up that these groups were needed and lowers shouldn’t talk to higher. He is from a wealthy family and does attend a rich, prestige high school. Myungsoo was used to it and even his parents told him not to socialise with the ‘lowers’.

Thinking about that, here Myungsoo had just spent a few days socialising with a ‘lower’, well that’s what he likes that call them, without Sunggyu knowing.

During his thoughts and walking, he saw a middle-aged man walking on the other side on the road holding a bag full of musical instruments and pieces which belongs to them. Myungsoo assumed the man owned a music store, but then knocked the thought away as he only could think of one music store.

Myungsoo and the man looked at each other, Myungsoo just kept a straight face on, but the man seemed to have eyes filled with hatred. They only looked at each other for a few seconds before he heard the man scoff and walk ahead on the other side.

“What” Myungsoo mumbled to himself. He’s never met this man, but the man seemed to hold something against him. Myungsoo tried not to think about it during the rest of his walk, but the man and his hatred filled eyes wouldn’t seem to leave Myungsoo’s mind.  

Myungsoo looked at the time on the lock screen on his phone. It read 9:57, his lectures from the teacher would’ve just finished now and they would be starting whatever lesson or revision class. He felt bad for leaving Sunggyu alone during homeroom and the lecture, but surely he would be there during the class.

Strangely Myungsoo felt like Sungyeol wasn’t going to be there because he would be in a lower school, studying. Yet again, he only thought that, maybe the boy would be a creep and wait for him.

He felt nervous as he got to the school gates, he could feel a pair of eyes watching him and probably waiting for him. Myungsoo looked carefully around until he saw someone behind a tree. Rolling his eyes he walked closer to the tree. “Yah, Lee Sungyeol”

Suddenly a hand grabbed his arm and pulled him behind the tree too. He was about to swear but when he looked at the person he noted it was not Sungyeol. In fact the person was wearing all black.

The mysterious person covered Myungsoo’s mouth and punched him in the stomach. Myungsoo’s not a coward; therefore he broke free from the persons grasp and kicked him as hard as he could. The person grabbed him in a headlock and kneed him. He repeatedly did that but it seemed to not faze Myungsoo, so the person let go.

Myungsoo attempted to walk away but a sharp pain went through his head when it came in contact with an iron bar. Everything became blurred and all he could see was more people dressed exactly the same.

Soon enough, Myungsoo passed out.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

In a small house, Sungyeol was stuffing his toast in his mouth; he had woken up late again. At this rate he’ll get a detention, last time he was spared by the teacher coming in late from a meeting. “Bye dad!” Sungyeol rushed out of the front door with a piece of toast between his lips. He was originally going to wake up slightly earlier to meet up with Woohyun, but that wasn’t going to happen.

He walked as fast as his long legs could take him, and ran when he saw the bus. Sungyeol was unlucky at that moment as the bus left, leaving him the only option of walking or running to school. Waiting for another bus would mean that he would have to wait 10 minutes, when in that time he could run to school. That’s exactly what he did, run to school.

Sungyeol didn’t know that when he got out his bus pass and held onto it when he was running, the bus pass slipped out of his hand. He was oblivious to the fact that there was no bus pass in his hand.

Of course people understood why the boy was running as fast as he could, the hint was in his uniform and backpack.

He arrived at school panting after using all his energy. Sungyeol looked at the time quickly before locking his phone. He entered the hall and rushed to his homeroom. He took a seat next to a sleeping Woohyun and noted that the teacher had luckily another meeting.

Sungyeol poked his sleeping friend making him stir a bit before opening his eyes. “Hey...” Woohyun said shutting his eyes before Sungyeol’s voice woke him up.

“Stop sleeping the teacher will find out!”

“Yeah yeah yeah whatever” Woohyun sat up straight and sipped his water, looking at Sungyeol. “Are we going by bus today” The tiredness was in Woohyun’s voice.

“Yeah, my bus pass is right...” Sungyeol scavenged through his bag looking for it. “Oh no umm...” He panicked as he looks in his pockets and re-checked his bag several times. “No no no no no”. Whilst the boy was panicking over his bus pass, Woohyun munched on his apple.

“Where did you put it last?” He asked chewing the apple in his hands.

“I was holding it ready for the bus, but it left and- OH MY GOD!” Sungyeol finally got where his pass pass was, or at least what happened to it.

“What?”

“IT MUST’VE SLIPPED!” He began shaking Woohyun’s shoulders, still panicking, but the other boy tried to eat his apple by moving his head closer to his hand. “HELP ME!”

“Don’t worry, we’ll find it”

“SOMEONE CAN TAKE IT” Sungyeol sat in his seat, looking like he was about to cry because of the bus pass. Now it was time Woohyun stopped eating and decided to help his friend.

“What was in it expect for your pass”

“Money, my card as in money and other random cards” Woohyun knew how Sungyeol’s dad was about money, sure it didn’t matter but the personal card had all Sungyeol’s savings and his dad would care about that.

“We’ll report it so they’ll be help to find your pass” Woohyun gave Sungyeol a friendly reassuring smile. Inside his head he was thinking ‘He’ll never find it’. There are lots of people in the busy streets of Seoul that will take a bus pass with money in it.

“Class!” The teacher’s voice boomed across the classroom, shutting everyone up. “I have a safety announcement, or at least that’s what it could be called” The teacher stopped before speaking again, reading from the piece of paper in front of him.

“Students must take care when walking home and to school. An accident from a private school earlier in the morning was reported to all schools. A student was seen on the CCTV cameras, they were about to enter when they saw someone behind a tree. However someone broke the cameras so no more footage was shown-”

“What else happened!” A girl said terrified.

“Let me continue... As I was saying the student was nowhere near the school, in fact they are still being searched for. So please, be careful” The teacher finished and the class talked about the topic together, they seemed scared and curious.

Sungyeol had other things to worry about rather than a missing student from another school, sure it was tragic but he knew to take precautions before talking to strangers or being too curious. The teacher came up to him and Woohyun.

Woohyun being Woohyun, asked questions about the strange missing student. “Are they male or female?” “How did it happen?” Sungyeol shut him up.

“It was a male and it was that prestige rich school, it’s the only close one to our school” The teacher said. Woohyun had no idea what school he was talking about, but Sungyeol seemed to know.

Well all he knew was that Kim Myungsoo could possibly attend that school. 

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

In a luxurious private school, Sunggyu sat at his desk carefully revising through some topics, making sure he understood them. The teacher was busy starting his long lectures rather than starting a lesson. It was 8:50 and surely it was going to take an hour for the teacher to finish the lecture.

Sunggyu sent a few messages to Myungsoo, wondering where he was; usually when he was coming late he would tell Sunggyu so the boy would know. Normally Myungsoo arrives at 8:20 or the latest 8:30.

It was only 20 minutes; maybe Sunggyu’s over reacting about this. Maybe Myungsoo forgot to text him. Maybe there was a heck load of traffic. Sunggyu decided to leave it at that and study until the lecture was over.

“500 years ago, they did not have things like you, therefore...”

Some of the class were looking at the teacher, nodding; but they weren’t listening. Or some were studying without him. Honestly, in Sunggyu and probably everyone else’s opinion, the lecture was the so stupid and pointless.

The teacher was only a substitute for homeroom and this meant a more professional teacher would teach them for the rest of the day. Sunggyu hated this idea because they shouldn’t have to deal with all the lectures.

It had just turned 9:20 when Sunggyu got really curious. He was ‘reading’ a book but in his head he was beating up Myungsoo for not coming in. Even that Sungjong boy wasn’t in today, that meant Sunggyu had no one to talk to.

The lonely boy glanced out of the window to see if Myungsoo was out there, but no one appeared. Instead, Sunggyu gave up and decided to sit ready in his science seat. The two chairs next to him were empty because of Myungsoo and Sungjong.

He doesn’t always talk to Sungjong because he has his own friends but sometimes they just talk for a while.

Sunggyu was flicking through his biology book, answering as many questions as he could. It was about 9:50 when he was engrossed with all the questions. The teacher had the presentation to show the class on the computer, as some students couldn’t see, the teacher pulled the blinds down, blocking the view of outside.

No one at all in the school saw Myungsoo, he was like a ninja. Only the CCTV caught him walking and that was about it.

Inside the big building at 10:40, all the students in Sunggyu’s class were working hard to finish things off and start extensions or spare revision time. Everybody stopped when a sudden announcement was to be made in all classes.

“A student by the name of Kim Myungsoo disappeared on CCTV footage with a mysterious person. The cameras were all broken, all wires were cut...”

That was all Sunggyu had to hear before he panicked like a maniac. Everybody knew about him and Myungsoo’s friendship, some tried to calm him down but it just made him feel worse. The other students chose to leave it and not bother him when they saw how it made him worse.

“Kim Sunggyu calm down”

The boy ran outside, ignoring the teacher’s commands and ran down the corridors to find where the camera tape was kept. On the door of one room it had the words ‘CCTV’ printed black and bold. Sunggyu knocked on the door and saw through the hole in the door that two other people from the staff were there looking too.

The person, who was in charge, opened the door for him and he had to check who Sunggyu was first and whether he had permission to view it. After Sunggyu had told his name and why he was there the man gladly played it back for him.

The footage was definitely Myungsoo. Sunggyu pulled out his USB stick and saved the clip on it, just in case. His hand was trembling because he was scared and he had no idea what to do. Who does he tell?

Sunggyu does know that he’s not going back to class.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Woohyun was so glad it was break, him and Sungyeol could talk without someone going ‘shush’ during the lesson. It was big news about the missing boy, even if he didn’t go to the school it was still a hit.

The two found themselves a bench to sit on and talk. No one talked although it wasn’t an uncomfortable silence. Woohyun finally decided to talk.

“Do you think someone kidnapped the boy?”

“Probably, what else happened if nothing was found? Plus even if it was somewhere else, the people took him so isn’t it kidnapping?” Sungyeol thought about it. He was actually unsure.

“I got bored so I sent an email to my cousin who works on the main road you walked on, he said he’d check for your pass” Woohyun showed Sungyeol the email he had sent and the reply. It did reassure Sungyeol that there was some luck in finding his pass.

But now something else was on Sungyeol’s mind. Who was the missing boy? Even if he didn’t care at first, all of the rumours and news that spread around got even him filled with questions.

“Woohyun... Who do you think it is?”

“Who’s what?”

“Who’s the missing boy?” Sungyeol asked and Woohyun’s mouth made an ‘o’ shape.

“I don’t know either... Is now the right time to play SHINee’s song ‘Sherlock’?” Woohyun playfully ended, it earned a small punch on the shoulder from Sungyeol.

“Stop messing around”

“Says the paint boy!”

Woohyun earned a slap this time, but it didn’t hurt. They both made bad jokes to lighten up to atmosphere and have laughs.

 

 

 

 

Not far away, something else is happening to a certain someone being mentioned a lot.

 

___________________________________________________________________

Hi! Updated again! It was going to be long so i split the chapter into parts. Thank you for the subscribers and comments~

Draaamaaa~