Agree or disagree

Differences

Myungsoo was going to solve the mystery.

With Sungyeol.  

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

The younger, expressionless boy sat against the tree base. He had been like that for two hours at the most, but honestly out of him and the artistic male who sat on the bench, no one kept track of the time. It was as if they both didn’t care. Myungsoo was too fixed in his thoughts and ‘brain debate’ to even look at the time on his phone. Sungyeol was focused on his second drawing making sure it was different to the first. They were in their own worlds. A world where only your thoughts can entertain you and talk to you.

Myungsoo’s idea for an alliance with Sungyeol was hard when it came to forming a plan. On half of him said to do one thing whereas the other said to just leave the whole plan alone. But Myungsoo knew that he could never leave this idea. In his head, it was too late to back down. He had made up his mind so what would be the point in leaving everything behind. If someone had to find out about his parents, that someone had to be him. Myungsoo wasn’t one to back down without a fight. Just like the paint ‘accident’. He got his way as usual. It was his thing to get his way with nearly everything.

The only thing Myungsoo’s parents ever told him was to stay away because they were bad people. Was it really Sungyeol’s parents that were the bad people or was it his? Answers, answers are exactly what he needs. But every strategy he chose ended with the same solution: Sungyeol. Myungsoo let out a groan and accidently hit his head on the tree. Feeling the pain he rubbed the sore area. He looked back at Sungyeol who turned his head back to his drawing.

It turned out Sungyeol had noticed the fact Myungsoo hit his head. The taller boy refused to help him. He felt so bitter; he wanted Myungsoo to be in the same pain as him. After all Myungsoo lived this amazing life whilst Sungyeol suffered with no explanations. It had been like that since he was born; at least that’s what he thought. After all the crying and tears from trying so darn hard, there was no way his life was anywhere near amazing. It wasn’t fair to him. He envied that lifestyle, one which was made of perfectness, flawlessness, love and care. It was like everything Sungyeol wanted stored with someone else’s life.  

Sungyeol bit his lip, hard.

Sungyeol’s second drawing was of a beautiful woman, she looked younger than 30, her eyes shined like stars in the night sky, they formed crescents. Her lips curled into a loving smile. She had lustrous wavy hair, it flowed down perfectly. Her hand was slim and pretty, it was brushing the velvet hair away from her shining eyes. The woman was captivating, each of her details showed a perfect woman. The background was showing that she was inside a car. The woman had a silver ring on her finger; however it was not as shiny as her eyes.

Groaning, Sungyeol held head in pain, another image shot through his head. It was like a stab, sharp and painful. He groaned and closed his eyes tight. He didn’t know that Myungsoo was watching him, wondering yet enjoying the sight of pain. Sungyeol buried his head in his lap. The image was of that woman he had just drawn. Her eyes were so familiar but yet so distant from him. The pain was panging into his head, he felt dizzy and something, just something was so unclear and blurry. The image faded, it dispersed and left his thoughts.

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol, a part of him enjoying the pain. The other part of him wanted to ask what was wrong, but that would be out of order for Myungsoo. Wouldn’t it? He continued to watch as Sungyeol finally lifted his head slowly, his eyes showed terror. Sungyeol’s eyes met with Myungsoo’s, they yearned for help. The younger boy’s eyes widened when he saw, for some time it was like they were lost in each other’s cruel world. They hated each other. However everyone has a point where they just break no matter who it is.

“Are you okay” Myungsoo said, he tried to be as cold as he could, making sure Sungyeol knew it was just out of ‘kindness’.  He saw Sungyeol nod but the pain and sadness was too visible to hide. Just as Myungsoo was about to say something to Sungyeol, the frightened boy started singing quietly. Sure it seemed stupid to start singing like a complete coward over an unknown image in your head, but this all helped Sungyeol escape from the things that made him afraid.

Sungyeol stopped singing and a small smile appeared on his face, it seemed like singing did help him from the image that just placed itself in his mind. Myungsoo stared; eye’s managing to go wider. Sungyeol’s singing was something he had never expected, especially the words he sang. “Sorry...” Sungyeol said in a quiet voice. “Singing to someone or myself makes me feel better” Myungsoo felt like retorting with something along the lines of ‘You probably would bust their ear drums’. He couldn’t because even he, Kim Myungsoo, found that good.

Sungyeol only sang that song because his mum had written that on a piece of paper that he luckily found. He was glad he found it because that song was the only memory he had about her. The paper was what his mum had left behind; it had the lyrics and who it was for: his dad. From that, Sungyeol knew that within his dad’s hate for him, there was a good person. Things just changed to quickly, the love disappeared. Just like his mum.

They stayed like that, none of them saying anything. Sungyeol would have never thought that Myungsoo would actually stay quiet about his singing; apparently to others it was horrid. By others, he only meant his dad. Someone he could look in the eyes and never see the truth. Myungsoo was different to people. Sungyeol had always noticed that but now it was clear that Myungsoo had two sides. One side was the cold, heartless and emotionless Myungsoo. The other side was the side which needed something that would allow him to let all the feelings he’s been keeping in.

The tall boy couldn’t say anything, he knew to himself that he shouldn’t get involved with Myungsoo, soon enough it would be the last day and then he could say good bye forever. That was a good thing, right? Well, that’s what Sungyeol and Myungsoo thought. Myungsoo could go back to Sunggyu and Sungyeol could go back to Woohyun. A little, not even bigger than a tiny fly, part of him thought he would be lonely without Myungsoo constantly annoying him. If he did feel lonely, Sungyeol made sure to tell himself that it was just because he attaches to people fast. He would never admit being lonely after Myungsoo leaves.

Sungyeol bit his lip, hard.

Sungyeol concentrated on his next drawing but to his dismay, the pencil snapped. Maybe he put too much pressure on it; the pencil was pretty cheap. For time he had wanted a proper art set, whenever he asked for one all he got was a lecture on important subjects and studying. Sungyeol sighed as he stared at the broken pencil. He was stupid for not bringing another pencil. The tall boy pursed his lips together whilst puffing his cheeks out. After he made that face, he packed his things into the bag he brought. His stomach churned and he knew that meant lunch.

“Uh, lunch?” He asked Myungsoo. There was no reply from Myungsoo. Sungyeol turned to look at him. The younger boy stood up and walked towards Sungyeol who had stood up. Myungsoo got a bit too close as Sungyeol tried to go back but unluckily stumbled causing him to fall back on the bench. Myungsoo hovered over him making Sungyeol gulp and look everywhere but at the boy. Slamming his hands on either sides of Sungyeol, Myungsoo stared intensely into his eyes. He leaned in. Blush crept to Sungyeol’s cheeks. Sungyeol didn’t like it though. “GET OFF ME!” He let out a fairly unmanly scream.

Myungsoo fell, colliding with the floor. Sungyeol had pushed the younger off of him leading to Myungsoo’s uncomfortable collision. “What’s wrong with you?!” He shouted at Sungyeol.

“You got too close! I don’t like you being that close!”

“It seemed that you liked it though” Myungsoo nonchalantly said. He only did that because something was on the taller boy’s neck and he thought he could at least be nice and try getting it off. At least he knew not to do that ever again. Wait. There wouldn’t be another time to do that.

“I DID NOT!” Sungyeol threw his hands up, clearly annoyed with Myungsoo. The younger boy turned and smiled. When Myungsoo realised he was smiling, the smile faded and was replaced by a gloomy frown. Myungsoo hated the idea - no - thought, of smiling because of Sungyeol. It turned out; there was a lot that he hated about Sungyeol. Could there possibly be anything he truly liked about the taller boy. There so far wasn’t anything.  Maybe it was just Myungsoo thinking negatively about Sungyeol.

It seemed like forever before the two talked again.

“What do you want to eat for lunch?” Sungyeol asked trying to be as nice as he could. Myungsoo stared, bewildered. Was Sungyeol generally being nice to him or was he just delusional? “Hello? Earth to idiot?” He wasn’t being generally nice. Myungsoo rolled his eyes when he heard the word ‘idiot’. Sungyeol noticed how that got Myungsoo’s attention quickly. The tall boy smiled triumphantly, he was proud at how easily it attracted the younger.

“Oh. I thought you were talking to yourself there, stupid” Myungsoo said with a smirk plastered on his face. If Sungyeol was able to, he would slap that smirk right off of Myungsoo’s face. However Sungyeol was burning up. He was not stupid! Sungyeol stomped his foot like a child and started whining about Myungsoo and how he kept calling him stupid. “And I don’t care. Anything would be fine”. Myungsoo was indeed hungry, although he wasn’t too bothered about what he was going to eat.

The two started walking in an uncomfortable silence as they both were thinking of things which included the other. Sungyeol remembered something. Myungsoo couldn’t be seen like this. “Stop” He quickly pulled back Myungsoo. The younger’s frown deepened, why did Sungyeol stop him? “If you get seen then we’d both be in trouble” Sungyeol said, he was looking at a tree and fidgeting with his hands. It was definitely an awkward atmosphere.

“Oh, okay then” That was odd. Myungsoo hadn’t given a snarly comment to the taller boy.

“How do I get food then? Do you expect me to starve?” There was the comment Sungyeol had been anticipating. It wasn’t anything new, was it strange that Sungyeol was starting to get used to those types of comments by Myungsoo. The boy was scared to admit that he was growing onto the comments. He knew he shouldn’t. But what good was it stopping the growth if he was going to never ever ever see Myungsoo again.

“I’ll get it for you, just wait there and don’t move unless you want to be rediscovered” With that Sungyeol walked in the direction he assumed was to the nearest restaurant or shop. Looking back, he saw Myungsoo had already made himself comfortable against the same tree trunk. Sungyeol was actually helping the boy and getting him for. All for because of one favour, soon enough he wouldn’t deal with him at all. However, Sungyeol didn’t feel as happy as he thought he would feel. He had expected to be blissful, cheerful and glad that Myungsoo was finally leaving him alone. But Sungyeol wasn’t actually feeling like that whenever he thought about Myungsoo disappearing.

While he was walking, Sungyeol decided to force himself to feel glad that Myungsoo was going to vanish from his sight. By thinking of all the positive outcomes to the favour he was doing, Sungyeol thought it would make him delighted.

Never ever again will he see that face.

 

Or hear that cocky voice.

 

Or feel annoyed by that one person.

“AHHH” Sungyeol screamed as he collided with the floor. He was just too absorbed in his thoughts that he didn’t see the hole that was covered by plants, well disguised with the rest of the park. Sungyeol sat up, immediately feeling pain in his ankle. The tall boy looked back to see whether Myungsoo was examining him. Myungsoo wasn’t, instead he was what seemed like sleeping. There was no way Sungyeol would be able to walk all the way to the shops or wherever with this ankle. But he was starving. “Why does everything bad always happen to me?!” Sungyeol said looking at the sky dramatically. He honestly thought it would help his ankle.

When Sungyeol decided that he was going to just sit there and die, a stranger no older than him approached him. “Do you need help?” The boy asked. Sungyeol nodded, he probably seemed like one of those people who had given up on something. “My name’s Lee Howon but you can call me Hoya.” The boy extended his hand out to Sungyeol who remained on the floor. He had only been like that for 5 minutes; to the tall boy it seemed like years. Maybe he was exaggerating a bit too much. It was just a sprained ankle. It’s nothing more and nothing less than a sprained ankle. It wasn’t even broken. However to Sungyeol, that sprained ankle was so painful that he couldn’t even move his leg.

“Lee Sungyeol” Sungyeol took Hoya’s hand and shook it.

“So Sungyeol, what do you need help with?”

“M-my ankle hurts so much but I have to get food for myself and a...” Sungyeol paused, what should he title Myungsoo as? They weren’t exactly friends. Enemies? That would be weird to say. Like: I have to get food for myself and my enemy. Maybe he should just go with ‘friends’, what Hoya doesn’t know won’t kill him. “Friend” Sungyeol finally finished. Even when he said it, Sungyeol found him saying the word ‘friend’ with the thought of Myungsoo, bitter.

“Since I have nothing to do and you’re crippled, why don’t I go get you something while you wait here and rest” Hoya suggested. He did sound like a nice person, in fact, he sounded like a lovely friendly boy. Sungyeol smiled and nodded cutely, he wasn’t expecting anything to happen but out of nowhere, Hoya winked at him before walking off in the right direction. Sungyeol sat, dumbfounded. “Are you picky with what food you eat?” Hoya quickly asked, turning his head to look at the injured boy. All Sungyeol could do at that moment was sit and shake his head.

“No”

“Cool, two right?” Sungyeol nodded and Hoya left after shouting “I’ll be back in a bit!” Sungyeol sat there in the same position, smiling. He most likely looked like a creep but Sungyeol was sure he made a friend that happened to be super sweet. He couldn’t wait to see Woohyun and tell him all about Hoya. Then he remembered again: Myungsoo. Sungyeol couldn’t stay with Hoya because he had to give the food to Myungsoo and if Hoya saw Myungsoo then he would freak out or run to go tell the world. That only meant Sungyeol had to get the food from Hoya and say he can walk back. But Sungyeol really wanted to get to know Hoya.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     * 

Even though he endlessly quarrelled with his conscience for answers, Sungyeol lost against the side which was ‘Myungsoo’ He pouted. Just when he pouted, Hoya came running with a bag of food. “Hey!” Hoya stopped in front of Sungyeol and stared at the boy with bright beaming eyes. “I got whatever I thought would be nice for you and your friend” For about 5 minutes, the two boys talked. Hoya threw random questions at Sungyeol and when the boy asked why he would do that, Hoya responded by saying he liked listening to Sungyeol’s voice. The blush on Sungyeol’s cheeks couldn’t hide that he liked those types of sweet comments. Especially from Hoya. He was sure that they were just friends but it was still enough to make Sungyeol’s heart beat crazily. Maybe it was just a onetime thing.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Stupid Kim Myungsoo.

Sungyeol smiled back at him. “Thank you!” he exclaimed. Hoya grabbed his hands and helped him up. “Ow” The tall boy winced at the pain in his ankle. He did manage to stand up and try walk a bit with Hoya’s help. Sungyeol’s ears were a bit red because of how Hoya held his waist when it came to balancing Sungyeol. “I should get going now, thank you again! Bye Hoya!” He didn’t want to leave Hoya. But his brain told him he had to leave. Sungyeol only thought of Hoya as a friend so far.

“It was really nice to meet you. I hope to see you later on! Bye Sungyeol!” Hoya waved him off. Sungyeol waved back until Hoya was no longer in sight. Then he let out a sigh. The tall boy picked up the bag of food and limped back to where Myungsoo was waiting. Sungyeol got to the place and saw Myungsoo sleeping against the tree trunk. He crouched down, bearing with the pain. He took out Myungsoo’s food and placed it next to the sleeping boy. Afterwards he began to eat his whilst he played soft music off his phone. It was soothing like this. The only thought in his head was meeting Hoya again.

The tall boy sitting down was completely dazed, he wasn’t thinking about anything that bothered him so much. Normally, Sungyeol would be lost in troublesome thoughts, but this time he was thinking of different things. He didn’t even remember that Myungsoo was still sleeping against the tree trunk, that’s how lost he was. In a good way of course. If Sungyeol had a pen for every time Myungsoo managed to appear in his thoughts, his bag would be filled with pens. Was it a good thing to be thinking of a person he hated that much? It was definitely nice to have thoughts that weren’t Myungsoo related. At least Sungyeol had another positive thing to battle against the whole ‘Myungsoo case’.

Myungsoo stirred, he was finally waking up. He had fallen asleep after waiting for food from Sungyeol. What had taken the boy so long to get food? Myungsoo turned his head to notice food that was still warm, next to him. Then he looked up to the bench where Sungyeol was sitting, eating his own food. He hadn’t expected Sungyeol to not wake him up. If anything he thought the boy would do something like pour water on Myungsoo to wake him up. Instead, Sungyeol allowed him to sleep peacefully. On top of that he brought the food for Myungsoo. This certainly wasn’t the start of anything like a friendship. They couldn’t be friends. It would be like a sin to Myungsoo.

They ate in silence, none of them caring about the others presence. Again, they were in their own worlds. A world where they were lost in their own thoughts.

Sungyeol couldn’t wait to get home and call Woohyun; he had so much he wanted to tell the older boy. Also, Woohyun usually had gossip and situations to tell Sungyeol. Last time he overheard this girl’s breakup with her boyfriend. It was amazing how even though they were best friends, Woohyun never told Sungyeol how he found out about all that information. In fact, when Sungyeol asked the boy said “just sources”, with that Woohyun his chin to creep Sungyeol out. It had only been a day without seeing Woohyun, but Sungyeol was missing him like crazy. He wanted to know what’s gone on in school or out of school. Also Sungyeol wanted to get away from Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was still thinking about his intention about the alliance that he wanted to start. The alliance would be so good for both of them. It would give answers. Something they both needed and wanted. Myungsoo never would’ve liked doing this if he didn’t get what he wanted as an outcome. Surely he was right and all this hard work was going to pay off with answers. Then he could confront his parents in front of everyone, he could show them up. Myungsoo would even have the chance to be realised by his parents, acknowledged for his presence. With that simple way, he could change his parents the way he had dreamt of.

There was only one thing Myungsoo had forgotten to think about during his planning.

 

 

 

 

 

What if Sungyeol said no? 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Firstly I'd like to apologise for my laptop's security running out as to the reason why I have not updated. 

To make it up to all of you guys (since you're like. Awesome) I will try my very best to update very very soon. By that I mean Sunday or next week.

I love you guys! <3 Thank you for subscribing, commenting and i even saw the upvote (omg thanks =D) 

does anyone know how to do those polls and stuff? if you do can you tell meee ^_^