The beginning of hell

Differences

“Try me”

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Myungsoo sat down in his house on the couch and ran his hand through his hair. What did I get myself in to?  He was angry at the moment so he just said whatever first came to thought. “Sir, would like anything to drink?”

“No” The butler left the room assuming Myungsoo was in a bad mood. He was, but at the same time he was thinking a lot harder than he usually would. His parents were wondering why their son was like that and what their son had to buy from the shops.

“Myungsoo, what did you buy?” His father asked.

“Nothing, I just went to see but it wasn’t there” Myungsoo said smiling at his dad.

“What shop honey? We’ll see if we can try getting it for you” His mother beamed and slapped her hands together.

“Uh, it’s nothing really”

“You haven’t been going where we’ve told you not to go, right?” He shook his head but inside he was panicking. “Good, I know my little angel would never go there!” His mum pinched his cheeks. He could only hum as to saying yes.

Well sorry mum, your little angel went there and got a ticket to hell.

“Our son is so clever; he knows to obey his parents”

In his head Myungsoo was hoping that they would stop because he would have to keep lying about it, and he didn’t want to. Nor did he want to spill about Sungyeol or the paint.

 

*      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *

 

//At the Shops//

Woohyun was planning to cook something up for Sungyeol; he thought it should be something sweet and with fruits in it. “hmm” He looked through all the fruits. “Yeol likes strawberries, but there’s nothing nice here” He passed the watermelon part and walked back to it. “Watermelons!” He was about to pick one up and marvel at its beauty.

Suddenly Woohyun got pulled in to the store cupboard of the store. He thought that he was on the verge of being kidnapped, because he was too scared at the moment he didn’t say anything but he let out a small unmanly scream. Woohyun turned to see the person who was holding his arm firmly.

“IT’S YOU, THE GUY WITH THE BRAT AT THE MUSIC STORE!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“You’re...” Sunggyu started. Woohyun was just about to say his name when Sunggyu cut him off. “No! Don’t tell me... you’re... Woohyun?” Woohyun stared at the boy. In his head he was applauding him for remembering his name but he was too focused on the brat fact. “Don’t call my friend a brat; sure he’s bratty and annoying but...”

“You just agreed with me”

“Shut up” Sunggyu felt like pulling his hair out. Seriously this guy was going to give him grey hairs.

“Anyways why did you pull me in here?” Woohyun asked pulling a duck face. Sunggyu stared in disbelief at the face the boy in front of him was pulling.

“Outside, there’s a girl who is following me and I need help getting away from her”

“What makes you think I’d help you, my friend’s arm is red because he had to scrub it so hard to get paint off” Woohyun said placing his hand on the door handle, but Sunggyu grabbed it off.

“Please... and to be fair your friend got the paint on my friend”

“No, your friend threw hot pink paint on Yeol” Sunggyu’s mouth opened and he closed it. He started to think of when Myungsoo did that. “See, he never even told you, trust me, I’m not lying” Woohyun stuck out his little finger the same way Sungyeol did to him yesterday. Sunggyu wrapped his little finger around Woohyun’s. He did trust him; he knew that Myungsoo would’ve done something like that so it was easy to believe.

Woohyun smiled “I’ll help just because I’m so nice” Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

“I need you to help me get out of here”

“Piece of cake, just follow me” Woohyun opened the door, and Sunggyu actually followed. They spotted the girl waiting at the door; Woohyun approached the girl with Sunggyu behind. “Hey, you know the lovely flowers there, pick one you like and I’ll buy it for you” She went there happily and stared at all the flowers, when she picked one out and looked to where Woohyun and Sunggyu were standing, there was no one there.

“What was that?!” Sunggyu asked almost yelling.

“You said you wanted to get away from her, look you’re away from her! It’s not my fault girls are way to gullible” Woohyun gave him a smile and pulled his hand. “You owe me now” Sunggyu sighed and nodded. “Tomorrow you have to come to the music store, okay?”

“Fine”

“Don’t bring the brat”

“I won’t gosh!” Sunggyu smiled at the sight of the boy. “Why do you want me to come?”

Woohyun took a look at his watch and his eyes went wide “I have to go; I promised I’d make Yeol something sweet to eat!” Woohyun exclaimed. “See you tomorrow...” he paused since he forgot Sunggyu’s name.

“Sunggyu”

“Well then, see you tomorrow Sunggyu” With that the boy ran off and almost ran into a lady with a pushchair. Sunggyu walked back and tried to think of ways to punish his friend Myungsoo. At the same time he wondered why his friend had to do that rather than following the saying ‘forgive and forget’. But yet again it was Myungsoo he was thinking about, and Myungsoo never changes. Another thing came across Sunggyu’s mind when he was walking, Woohyun never answered his question. I guess I’ll just have to ask him tomorrow.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

When he got to Myungsoo’s house he knocked really loudly on the door to see an unfamiliar maid open the door. “Who are you?” She asked. Sunggyu would recognize the maids and butlers from anywhere but she was definitely new.

“I’m Kim Sunggyu, Myungsoo’s friend” She let him in to the house and patiently waited.

“Are you new to the maid job?” She nodded little did she know she was being judged by Sunggyu. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo” he entered the room where the boy was, the maid followed him. Myungsoo looked at him and then back to the TV screen. Sunggyu turned to the maid as he wanted a private conversation with Myungsoo. “Could you please leave?” She was about to walk out the door when Myungsoo called her back in.

“Hyemi, stay”

“Maid, go away”

“Stay”

“You know what?” Sunggyu led her out the room and shut the door behind him. “I heard” Sunggyu started, the boy on the couch raised an eyebrow. “Three words: Hot. Pink. Paint” Myungsoo’s straight face was replaced was a smirk.

“Yeah, it was fun”

“It’s not funny! You could’ve forgiven him!”

“But then it wouldn’t be fun and plus now he’s going to ‘try’ to ruin my life”

Sunggyu face palmed “Are you insane?! Don’t get people involved with you” Myungsoo shrugged.

“I need a break once in a while”

“You are unbelievable, you know that right” Sunggyu sat next to his friend he was hopeless in situations like this. “Do not even think about corrupting the poor boy”

“Do not even think about corrupting the poor boy” Myungsoo mimicked just for the sake of making his friend angry. Sunggyu rolled his small eyes, but if Myungsoo said his eyes were small Sunggyu wouldn’t be afraid to hurt him.

“And what’s with the special treatment with that maid?! I raised you better!”

“One, you didn’t raise me, two, what special treatment?”

“I see the way you let her stay when I clearly wanted time to talk to you” Sunggyu threw one of the couch pillows at Myungsoo, the boy had caught the pillow and held onto it. When Myungsoo didn’t reply Sunggyu knew he was right. “Spill it you Cheshire cat”

“I do not look like that thing, I’m more like a-” Myungsoo was cut off by Sunggyu.

“Stop changing the topic”

“I thought of having a favourite out of all of the maids here and she was new so...”

“SO don’t play with people, you should be a good boy”

“I am”

“Where is your evidence? OH WAIT, YOU HAVE NONE!” Myungsoo chuckled at Sunggyu who was acting all childish by flapping his arms around and slapping Myungsoo’s left arm. “Now why is the ice prince laughing?”

“Because his friend is acting like a four year old” At moments like this they would both smile stupidly at each other. Myungsoo’s dad who just entered the room gave them both a weird look before he took a seat and placed some money on the glass table. Sunggyu noticed something suspicious next to the door; the new maid was staring at the pile of money as if it was something she was going to get. Despite him being suspicious about that he chose to let it go since it was the first time.

On the other hand, Myungsoo and his dad were completely clueless about what could happen in their house. They didn’t notice how the new maid would stare and precious belongings and stacks of notes; they had quite a blind eye for that. Soon enough there would be problems if they didn’t find out quickly.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *    *

Sunggyu was sitting wide awake in his bed; he was slightly lazy since his alarm had just woke him up. He was not bothered to get out of the cosy bed covers; it covered up to his small eyes. After a good ten minutes of sitting there lazily he finally got up and went to get ready. Sunggyu tried to ignore the cold shivers that his feet were starting to get because he forgot to wear his fluffy slippers.

He brushed his teeth and got ready. Then he went downstairs to be greeted by everyone else sitting at the table. Then something went across his mind, but he couldn’t figure out what it was. Something... no, somewhere he had to go later, but where. It irritated him for the whole time he was eating his breakfast, but he soon remembered when his mum was watching adverts and he just had to sit down next to her thinking.

“These musical instruments look really expensive”

Wait, I’m getting somewhere with that hint. Musical instruments > MUSIC STORE!

“Oh my god! I got it, I got it!” He ran up the stairs to his room before his mum could ask why he was acting like that. Sunggyu grabbed his phone to text Myungsoo; yesterday he forgot he was going so he said to Myungsoo that he could come over. Now all Sunggyu had to do was tell a lie and say he was going to go out with his cousin rather than telling where he was going to go. If he did tell Myungsoo then the boy would follow him there and some argument might end up happening.

Sunggyu left the door in a rush because he thought he was getting late, but then he stopped outside. Why am I in a rush when he never gave me a time. He was confused so he slowly walked rather than walker faster to get there. Sunggyu was also thinking of things like the new maid Myungsoo got and Woohyun and Sungyeol.

When his mind stumbled the the thought of Myungsoo and Sungyeol together in a relationship made him laugh, the two seem like they are the complete opposite of each other. But opposites attract, right? Sunggyu stopped walking again and dramatically gasped. He somehow could imagine that, since the both got involved with paint e thought for just one second they might look cute together. Sunggyu knew well that Myungsoo had said many times that he doesn’t roll that way for guys, only for girls, clearly stating that he was straight.

If anybody asked Sunggyu whether he liked girls or guys he’d simply give the answer both. Everybody thinks differently and Sunggyu just thinks that you can love any because they are the same. However his friend Myungsoo says perfect people that are boys should like girls, although Myungsoo has never judged Sunggyu.

Rumours are what Sunggyu and Myungsoo don’t really like. Especially the ones about them and their families. Myungsoo wanted to know why people made rumours but from asking his dad he learnt that the people who make it up just make it for no real reason. Sunggyu wondered if Myungsoo spent a lot of time with Sungyeol would their parents find out. Well, that’s something Sunggyu has to watch out for.

Sunggyu helped an elderly lady cross the road since it was sort of busy and he thought she would struggle. She thanked him while they were crossing the road together and he just said it was nothing and it’s just manners. The elderly lady stopped in front of Sunggyu and held out her basket whilst stopping him from walking off or escaping. “Kind boy, why don’t you take a lovely apple, you seem so kind” She smiled and held one red apple to Sunggyu.

“Oh, thank you grandma!” He beamed and took the apple. They said their goodbyes and Sunggyu continued to the music store that was now in sight.

 

*     *     *      *      *     *     *     *     *

“Bye mother! I’m going out!” A faint ‘okay, stay safe’ was heard from the house that the boy who just exited. His hair was a dark shade of brown and it matched his orbs which reflected the sunshine, he wore black accompanied by other dark colours. A blank expression played on his face; he looked like a model although he is not.

“Goodbye Myungsoo” A maid waved from the window, he glanced at her and that was it. Now, what exactly is Kim Myungsoo doing outside? He had plans with Sunggyu but in the end the other cancelled, leaving him to go do something else. Being Myungsoo, he obviously knew a place that would amuse him while he just would stand there.

“Try me”

“I will and you can watch me”

The plain look on Myungsoo’s face remained on his face even after replaying the scene from yesterday; Sungyeol was the reason he wanted to go there, he’s curious to how someone would ruin his life or maybe it’s Myungsoo that wants to see Sungyeol. He would never admit to that if it were true since Myungsoo is generally stubborn.

Exactly the same way he took when he came to the music store yesterday, he decided to take today too. Myungsoo looked at the store in front of him, only a few more steps until ‘hell’. He smirked at the word and the thought of someone who was joyful making his life like that. Myungsoo pulled the usual straight face when he entered the music store hoping to see the tall boy sat at the desk.

But Myungsoo opened his mouth slightly when he saw his best friend sitting with Woohyun at the desk. He quickly hid behind the piano and tried to overhear but it was no use trying to hide when a hand tapped his shoulder. Myungsoo turned his head to see who the hand belonged to. It led to Sungyeol who looked confused and he was about to open his mouth to probably speak at the loudest volume. Myungsoo pulled him in to the room behind the piano to which surprised Sungyeol.

Sunggyu and Woohyun just looked at each other and then at the piano.

On the other hand, Myungsoo and Sungyeol had successfully moved in to the other room. “You! What do you want now?!” Sungyeol shouted. Myungsoo had a sudden change in actions and pushed Sungyeol to the floor so Myungsoo was hovering over him.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol stayed like that for a while until the door opened to reveal a pleased Woohyun standing next to Sunggyu who just sighed at his friend. Sungyeol who’s ears said how embarrassed he was, pushed Myungsoo off and then kicked his leg. After kicking him he went to the door and dragged Woohyun with him. Myungsoo and Sunggyu followed after exchanging looks, you could tell Sunggyu wanted to scold Myungsoo but it was said through the look he was giving.

When they all were outside, Myungsoo decided to pull on something else. “Lee Sungyeol, I thought you were supposed to make my life ‘hell’”

“I will and I had no idea you were going to come here!” Sungyeol whined at the boy who was staring with a bored facial expression.

“Yeah, I had no idea you were coming here too” Sunggyu turned to look directly at Myungsoo. Soon Woohyun joined in on staring at Myungsoo.

“Well it was because someone ditched our plans”

Sungyeol and Woohyun looked back and forth between Myungsoo and Sunggyu. “I ditched them because I promised I would see him and I thought if you came you know...” Myungsoo understood and sat in the chair which spun around. Sungyeol didn’t like the way Myungsoo was sitting on his chair at the big desk, so he attempted to move him off, he noticed that Myungsoo wouldn’t move so he pushed the chair in a random direction.

“Yah, go away” Sungyeol said pushing him and the chair away.

“No, I’d like to stay”

“Just move!”

“No thanks it’s quite comfortable here”

“You take up the whole space!”

“I don’t for your information”

“Yes you do!”

“Sungyeol?” Sungyeol lifted his head up to see where the voice came from on the stairs. To his horror he saw his dad walking down the stairs. All he knew was that he had to hide Myungsoo before his dad would go haywire. Quickly Sungyeol shoved Myungsoo into the store’s spare room.

“What the!” Myungsoo said before the door closed on him.

He leaned back on the door and waited for his dad to approach him. Woohyun and Sunggyu came to where Sungyeol was, Woohyun was wondering why Sungyeol’s dad had come back. Sungyeol’s dad came to them and looked at his son, suspicious. “Sungyeol, can you move so I can go get something from the-”

“No! You can’t go in there!”

“Why Yeol?” His dad came closer to the door but Sungyeol blocked it.

“Because... I’ll go get it for you! Go rest!”

“Sungyeol, whilst I have my legs, I can get it myself” His dad was persistent and the more Sungyeol said he couldn’t enter made him even more curious. Sungyeol wanted to drag Woohyun and tell him to help him as he saw his friend standing smiling at the situation.

“Please” Sungyeol did his cute puppy eyes in hopes that his dad would just go.

“Sungyeol, move, I don’t have time for that”

“No, you don’t have time for me” Sungyeol couldn’t help it when that came out, he felt upset and angry. He keeps doing this. Woohyun’s smile faded and his eyes directed somewhere else. Sunggyu was able to detect the situation stayed quiet and looked at the floor.

“What are you talking about?”

On the other side of the door, Myungsoo was also wondering that. How could such a happy person have problems, Myungsoo didn’t understand. He was smiling though, because he was right. That happy face is just like a mask which hides everything. Was it weird that Myungsoo wanted to see Sungyeol upset? He has his reasons though.

“Let’s just leave it there” Sungyeol said with a tone which wasn’t that happy. It was as if Sungyeol’s dad knew what to do because he just left it at that and walked out of the store, probably leaving and planning to come back late again. When he left Sungyeol sighed and opened the door to the store room to let Myungsoo out. Sunggyu dragged Myungsoo out; he saw the smirk on his face. If Sunggyu were to conclude with something it would be that his friend smirked way too much.

Myungsoo walked to Sungyeol straight after and pulled his hand when he was talking to a customer, Sungyeol left it at first because he thought it was Woohyun, but Myungsoo kept pulling his hand and this irritated Sungyeol. After Sungyeol was done with speaking to the customer he grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and bit his finger.

“Ouch!” Myungsoo felt the pain on his index finger. Teeth marks were visible and when he looked up, Sungyeol looked pleased. Myungsoo thought it would be fun to confuse Sungyeol’s mind. He held his bitten finger to Sungyeol’s lips and pressed it on. However Sungyeol smacked his hand away and rolled his eyes.

Sunggyu whispered something to Myungsoo; it was along the lines of ‘let’s go’. Before they exited Sungyeol yelled something to Myungsoo.

 

 

 

“I’ll see you in school!”