Double Encounters

Differences

Myungsoo rolled in his comfortable, big bed, he couldn’t sleep. Why? Because he just can’t. He doesn’t even know why he doesn’t feel tired. “This. Is. Killing. Me” Myungsoo groaned. He couldn’t find a comfortable position, sometimes it’d be cold so he would pull the cover over him and get warm. But then after a minute of warmth he would feel too hot. Resulting in him kicking the cover off of himself, and the process starting over again.

“I really can’t do this” Myungsoo slumped back for the tenth time. Just then there was a knock on the door. “Come in”

“Mr. Kim, are you okay?” A maid had asked. He sat up and she entered the room, placing an ice cold glass of water next to him. “Can’t sleep?”

“Yeah” Myungsoo gratefully drank from the glass. He was glad that everyone in his house cared so much. He faced the window and let out a sigh, the door closed, meaning the maid had gone. Myungsoo planned to listen to music and see if that helped. Luckily it did.

-

It was morning and Myungsoo woke up, he yawned and went to get ready. Afterwards he came down the staircase (a wooden, shiny, spiral staircase) and sat by the table. “Myungsoo, do you want pancakes?” his mother asked before someone came and placed a plate in front of him. He began to eat it.

“Mother, are you staying today?”

“No, I have to go to a meeting. You can go out with Sunggyu” His mother said. Just then Myungsoo’s father came and sat down too.

“Myungsoo, you can go everywhere but the street we always tell you not to go to, deal?”

“Yeah” Myungsoo replied staring at his syrup next to his pancake. “Why can I not go to-” He was cut off as usual. Myungsoo would always ask this question but each time his parents would seem to ignore the fact their child was curious as to what it was all about.

“Don’t worry” His mother said “You don’t need to know, and you don’t have to go near there” She looked at her son and ruffled his hair. Myungsoo picked at his pancakes.

“Don’t play with your food” Myungsoo was obedient to his parents so he stopped and ate what was on his plate.  He watched all the maids clean up and happily talk about what they were going to do. “We won’t be back until 5” All Myungsoo did was nod in response.

His parents left the house and had drove off to wherever they were working today. Myungsoo looked around his house. Perfect. That’s how it was. Everything was in the right place. His life was... perfect. Myungsoo loves his life the way it is, who wouldn’t?

Myungsoo took out his phone and messaged his best friend, Kim Sunggyu.

Sunggyu, are you there?

Yeah, hello to you too.

Hi, my parents have both gone out again

Let’s hang out again, I’m bored.

:| Well that’s no surprise.

Shut up.

Can you put an emoticon just once

Show your emotions

I don’t want to

YOU HEARTLESS LITTLE FREAK! :(

Whoa.

Deep. So... are we going?

Yes Jack Frost :D

My house again

*Sighs* Fine

Myungsoo has that I-don’t-care-about-any-thing-on-Earth attitude. He also never sent emoticons to anyone; it didn’t matter to him if it was sad, no sad face. No happy face if he was happy. Despite him being rich and loved, people were slightly afraid of him.

//Myungsoo & Sunggyu’s past//

Sunggyu and Myungsoo have known each other since Myungsoo could stand up, that goes back far. Ever since then they have been a pair of inseparable best friends. They knew everything about each other, they never had a fight. Of course like normal friends they would have arguments about the stupidest things but within 30 minutes they would be over it.

It was primary school when the two were in the same class; Myungsoo was so happy that they were together. The second year of primary, Sunggyu left the school to go somewhere else to study, even through that they never lost contact. Myungsoo was curious to why he had left but he never found out.

First year of high school and they met again, they weren’t in the same class for that year. That made Myungsoo upset at the fact he wouldn’t be with his only friend, being Myungsoo he complained to the head and asked after if the two could be in the same class. That never happened.

Myungsoo was your typical flower boy, had had the looks, the money and the cold personality. His cold personality made people from the school nickname him ‘L’ from some anime called Death Note. One time Myungsoo decided to watch it to see what everyone was talking about. It turned out he was a bit like him, just he didn’t bother to stop Kira.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo were like brothers, just they weren’t. They both never tried to make any other friends aside from each other. Sure they had projects with other people, but it’s not like they talked a lot to their partner.

//Present//

“Sir, someone is here to see you” The maid bowed and left after Myungsoo nodded. He saw Sunggyu yawn and enter.

“Hey, where are we going?”

Myungsoo thought about it for a while. One place is the cafe that just opened; he wanted to check it out to see if it was any good. The second place was Mr. Lee’s music store. Myungsoo was tired of not getting answers to why he couldn’t go near that shop or why he couldn’t know anything about them. If his parents weren’t going to tell him, he was going to find out by himself.

“The cafe and a place you don’t need to know until we get there”

“Out of all the cafes, may I ask which cafe?”

“The one that just opened, gosh you’re so late with news” Myungsoo chuckled. Yes, he can smile and laugh; he’s just part ice according to Sunggyu.

“Shut up! You my friend are just rude”

“Gramps”

“Let’s just go!”

With that the two walked out of Myungsoo’s room and headed to the front door. “Me and Sunggyu are going out, bye” They left the house and started walking in the direction of the new cafe. After a few minutes of talking and silence they arrived at the cafe which stated clearly that it had just opened as there was a ‘just opened’ sign hanging on the entrance.

“Judging...” Myungsoo mumbled as he walked in with Sunggyu who was following behind him. They sat at a free table near the window and as soon as Sunggyu put up his hand to order, a waitress straight away came to their table ignoring all the other people who were waiting longer. Myungsoo could just smirk at how unfair that was.

“Good morning, what would you both like to order?” She ‘cutely’ winked at them, making Myungsoo scoff and Sunggyu burst out in laughter.

“Two... chocolate bubbleteas and one... taro” Myungsoo said not even looking at the waitress who seemed like she was trying to gain his attention. She left as that was all.

“Why did you order an extra bubbletea?” Sunggyu asked. “Who is it for? ~” He cooed after.

“Can I not drink two?”

“Yeah, you pig”

Myungsoo was slowly sipping his taro after he finished his chocolate. That was what was annoying Sunggyu because he wants to get out of this place, the people are giving him weird looks, and he doesn’t like it one bit. “Yah! Hurry up or I’ll drag you out”

Myungsoo nodded and walked to the till. “You might be having a closing ceremony soon” He handed the money and took Sunggyu out of the cafe.

“What was that?!”

“Well, my taro was not taro, and the girls shouldn’t be flirting with customers” Myungsoo said throwing his drink in the bin.

“Really? They just opened”

“It’s better that they just closed” That’s what Myungsoo said to make his friend laugh. “Anyway, to our next destination”

“Yeah the place you won’t tell me” Sunggyu sighed. “Also are you going to tell your dad to close the cafe?” Myungsoo hummed as a response. Poor people, oh well. Sunggyu thought. Myungsoo knows exactly who his dad let’s open a business and he checks whether it was worth it or not.

They walked at a slow pace, for some reason Myungsoo was frowning and it wasn’t unnoticed by Sunggyu. “Hey, smile!” He poked the frowning boy several times.

“1, 2, 3... Smile! ~”

The two stopped when in front of them was a boy who held out his phone to take a picture. “Um, do we know you?” Sunggyu asked looking at him weirdly. Myungsoo stared.

“I’m Lee Sungjong! You know... we did a project together... last term” Sungjong said awkwardly, but it seemed like Sunggyu remembered since he replied with ‘ah’. Sunggyu apologised a few times and said how it was rude.

“Myungsoo, say sorry, and what’s with that face!” Sunggyu punched Myungsoo shoulder; well, he didn’t look like he was going to kill someone anytime soon. “Sorry, this boy doesn’t have any manners”

“It’s okay!”

“I’ll make it up to you, let’s all hang out together right now!” Sunggyu suggested to Myungsoo who shrugged and muttered something along the lines of ‘okay, whatever’. Sunggyu and Sungjong were talking a lot and Myungsoo was able to walk ahead of them.

Myungsoo could hear his stomach rumbling, he tried to hide it but it got louder and he had decided that they were going to eat at a traditional restaurant. “Hey, why did you stop?” Sunggyu asked. Myungsoo just pointed at the restaurant in front of them.

“I’m hungry from the walking, let’s eat” Without anyone saying yes, he just entered. Both Sunggyu and Sungjong had no idea, but followed as they would.

When they got in, a man kindly guided them to an empty table where they sat down to order. Myungsoo stared at the menu, something simple yet nice... “What do you two want?”

“Samgyeopsal”

“Bulgogi”

He nodded and went to the till to say what they all wanted. When it was his turn, he patiently waited for the man. “Hello, what do you want to order?”

“Two samgyeopsals and one bulgogi” He heard Sunggyu who was at the table say something along the lines of ‘no manners at all’.

“What table are you seated at sir?”

“Five” Myungsoo gave the money and left, not waiting for the man to speak. Rich people can do that, right?

“Yah, yah, yah!” Myungsoo was now being kicked under the table by an angry Sunggyu. Whereas Sungjong just smiled at him and raised an eyebrow.

“You’re quite rude, you know... since you don’t have manners”

“I don’t really care about manners and that kind stuff” He stared at the younger boy. Do I scare you? Myungsoo thought.

“You don’t” Did I just say that aloud?

“Whatever, anyway your food’s here”

They all ate in silence, not that it was awkward, and the food was really good. After they had finished eating and had sat down for a while, Myungsoo stood up and left. “Stop doing that, you could at least tell us that you’re going!” he hummed in response. This is how he annoys Sunggyu.

All of them walked together this time, and Myungsoo did talk a bit. “Sunggyu, you are older, right? I’ll call you hyung!” Sungjong cheerfully said.

“At least someone has respect for their elders” Sunggyu said directly looking at Myungsoo while Sungjong followed his eyes.

That’s when Myungsoo smiled. Also that’s when Sungjong gasped.

“What?” Myungsoo asked when he heard Sungjong gasp.

“You... YOU SMILED!”

*Crows in the background/Tumbleweed*

“Oh, I did, didn’t I?” Myungsoo rolled his eyes at the comment. I can smile you know. He looked at Sunggyu who was on his phone.

“The ice prince just smiled, that’s golden! Who’d think you’d smile!” Sungjong laughed. This kid needs help.

“Hurry up, I’m bored and curious!” Sunggyu finally said something except from ‘have you seen that person before?’ He pointed at nearly every stranger and asked that, plus he made that excited or happy dog sound that comes out when he’s very happy. This just proves Myungsoo is normal compared to his friend Sunggyu.

*       *       *      *      *      *      *      *      *

Left. Right. Straight ahead. It’s weird that Myungsoo knows the route to go to his FINAL DESTINATION. He personally thinks that movie was terrible. 4 or 5 stars, to him, it didn’t deserve a star. Off topic, he revised the route. Sad, right? But it shows how much he wanted to go to this forbidden area.

This journey would never affect his perfect life, but that was exactly what Myungsoo thought when he was planning to go.

It was just him and Sunggyu. Sungjong had chosen to leave after he got a call from his parents. The younger had said that he wouldn’t be afraid to see them in school. Usually, people would run off, never mind good looking, think about Myungsoo’s dad. You would be in deep trouble if he told his parents about those girls and boys in school.

Sungjong though, was well mannered and sure his legs may be a little too thin but he was definitely a sweet and nice person.

This street and then you go a few more roads to get there...

 

//Meanwhile//

“Yah! Come back here with that paint! You’ll spill it on someone!”

“No~ catch me if you can! ~”

 

//Back to Myungsoo//

“Sunggyu, isn’t Sungjong nice?”

“Yeah, nicer than you!” Sunggyu huffed and turned away from Myungsoo. He was too busy talking to his friend to pay attention to where they were. Or where they were even going.

“Gyu, we’re here” Myungsoo saw Sunggyu’s eyes widen. “Lee’s Music” Myungsoo said looking at the fairly normal sized music store, it was big for a music store but nothing compared to Myungsoo’s version of big.

“Yah! You can’t go in there!” Sunggyu said upset because he was easily tricked by Myungsoo/

“Watch me”

Myungsoo knew he had won since Sunggyu followed him into the shop.

They exchanged glares and Sunggyu rambled on about annoying friends and how they take you to places you don’t want to go to. Afterwards they had looked at some instruments, well, Myungsoo looked, Sunggyu gaped at him. They were both inspecting the instruments, Myungsoo was crouching down and Sunggyu was standing, there was a distance between them.

Noises such as yelling, shouting and the sound of things falling was heard. Suddenly...

 

“Hey come back here!” A voice called.

Myungsoo turned his head and stood up.

Then it hit him.

 

 

His clothes were stained with paint.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

First chapter, I'm sorry since it took a while >_< I hope you like it! If anyone has noticed that I got a really cool poster, thank you AsianNoodles!! :D

Thanks for subscribing! Sungyeol and Woohyun will come in the next chapter. Innocent Sungjong has appeared! :D