002

The Voice of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Had a good sleep?” he asked.  Krystal rubbed her sleepy eyes and nodded innocently. She was still tried because she went to sleep late last night. For the past few weeks, she had been busy with Ji Yong since he promised to teach her how to walk. It almost had been three months overall and Krystal had grasp it quick. ‘You’re quite a fast learner,’ she remembered Ji Yong’s compliment for her.

“I’ll wait for you at the dining hall so get ready,” he said to her and left the room. A few women wearing a black dress underneath their white apron prepared the bath for Krystal. She had been used with everything in the castle that she no longer mind with them helping her to undress her night gown. Even the maids were happy to serve her. She dived into the bath tub which was already filled with water and relaxed herself as the maids scrubbed the dirt of her.

The prince had prepared her a bright pink frilly dress for her to wear. The maids helped her to get prepared with it. Some of them helped to straighten her hair to tie into braids. Her braids were wrapped around her head while some of her hair was left down following the curves of her neck. She wore the dress and one of them added some powder on her cheeks. Lastly, she fit her feet into the high heels the prince prepared.

As soon as she was ready, she quickly ran to the dining room happily. She pushed the doors opened and walked to the prince who was waiting for her. She sat on the seat beside him and made herself comfortable. The prince smiled at her and started to eat the breakfast. Before, Krystal would have done weird stuff like twirling her hair with the fork or use the spoon as a mirror. All these actions always entertain Ji Yong but she no longer does it since she was taught about manners by Ji Young’s personal tutor.

The tutor was stressed out teaching Krystal because she always makes weird stuff. All Ji Yong could do was laughed at the report he heard. Suddenly he remembered that he never showed Krystal his kingdom. He stopped eating his soup and looked at Krystal. “After eating, do you want to visit my kingdom?” he asked although Krystal was enjoying her meal.

She stopped eating and put the spoon back on its original place. She smiled at him which means that she loved to visit his kingdom. Ji Yong called his butler and asked him to prepare the horse. Krystal was so excited that she ate her meal quickly and ran outside. Ji Yong chuckled at her actions and followed her. “Get me my hat,” he said to one of the maids by the doors and left the dining room.

Ever since Krystal came to the castle, Ji Yong’s life had been different. He smiled and laughed a lot rather than before and he no longer stays alone. When both of them were outside, a horse was waiting for them. Krystal walked to it and pats its head. She leaned her head and rested on it’s; as if she was using telepathy on it. She giggled to herself and went to the back.

Ji Yong took her hand and helped her to ride the horse. As he received his coat from the maid, he rode behind her. He pulled the rope and the horse started to straddle away from the castle. The castle was a few metres away from the town so it took almost half an hour to go there. Krystal loved it when the wind brushed her hair. She had never felt it in the ocean but ever since she went to the land, she learnt many stuff which the sea never had.

Ji Yong stopped the horse as soon as they arrived at the bridge which separates the castle and town. He helped her on her feet and held the horse’s rope which tied between its teeth in his hand. Krystal did the same thing to the horse like she did at the castle as soon as her feet were on the ground. ‘Thank you,’ she said to the horse.

The town was always busy. Since the kingdom was known for its port, merchants could be seen everywhere, selling their goods. The town’s people were busy shopping around at the town circle and since it was quite early, the morning market was still going on. Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter