006

The Voice of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome to the 59th Annual Ball. I, Queen Ji Won welcome you to my kingdom, Valcoast,” she announced in an orotund voice as she wielded her sceptre towards the crowd. Her eyes shine brightly as she smiled widely at the crowd. She sat back on her throne sat as she met the dignitaries introduced to her. She had a pleasant smile plastered on her face and her voice was soft. Mostly were royal families and the aristocrats from the neighbouring countries.

The aristocrats introduced themselves towards the queen. They congratulate the young queen and complimented her of being one despite her young age. Ji Won smiled and thanked them for their kindness. As much as she hate of getting attention, she covered her wicked self behind. She wished for the day to end quick so she can rest herself. A familiar man approached her with a warm smile. It was Seunggi.

Ji Won gave a low smirk; not attending for anyone to heard her. "How nice of you to attend this ball, Seunggi," she said as she focussed her eyes on him. Seunggi gave her a bow and replied, "It would be rude of me to be absent for this ball, my queen. I am after all just a prince," he said politely. The queen fanned herself as she hide her laughter behind it.

 "You would be a king by now if you had agreed to marry me," she replied, reminding him how she was in love with him. Seunggi shook his head, "How can I marry you when I have someone else in my mind?" he answered but his voice sounded sad. "It would be rude of me," he added. Ji Won raised her empty hand to him, "But it wouldn't hurt you to dance with me tonight, will it?" she said, hoping him to accept her hand. Seunggi stared at her hand and received it. His lips brushed on her gloves lightly, "I will be glad too, your highness," he said as he her to the centre of the hall to dance.

As they danced, someone entered the room which had attracted everyone’s attention. The girl was wearing a long red silk dress. Her hair was straight and curled at the end. She was escorted with a very handsome man by her side. Most of the attention was towards the girl as she looked familiar to them. The crowd made way for them as they walked towards the queen. The man bowed and introduced himself, “I am Prince Ji Yong and this would be Krystal,” he said in a clear voice.

The guests started to whisper; disbelief in what they saw. Ji Won smiled at them as she fanned herself. “Late as always,” she said to Ji Yong as if she was familiar with his habit. Ji Yong didn't said anything to protect himself but he just nodded. The queen eyes wandered on the girl beside him, shocked at what she see. Her smile faded when her eyes met hers. Her face went white like she just saw a ghost. Her hands fainted on Seunggi's arms, trying to get some support.

The queen gathered all her strength to speak but she stuttered, "A.a.and who might this beautiful lady b..be". The hall were filled with soft murmurs as they peaked at the beautiful woman. Her skin was flawless and shines like a diamond. Her hair was brown and looked soft like silk. Her lips were red like the colour of blood. She had a crystal locket hanged over her neck which looked very familiar towards the queen. Everything about her were beautiful and flawless as if she was going to break if Ji Yong let her go.

"My queen, may I present you, Krystal," she showed a smile that made her looked more radiant when Ji Yong introduced her. "I've met her months ago, she was beached after the storm," the prince added. Krystal gave her a curtsy to show her respect. The queen's face look shock and seemed baffled to reply. Out of concern, "Your highness are you alright?" Seunggi who stood beside her asked. She blinked her eyes a few times and nodded her head.

She looked at him and told she was fine. Her eyes went back towards Krystal who was looking nervous. 'She is not her' she reminded herself as she stared into Krystal's amber eyes. Slowly, she took her breath and spoke, "I see. You just resemble her too much that made me shocked," a small smile was shown. "Who is your family?" she added but Ji Yong was the one who answered. "She does not remember her past and she is also unable to talk," he said.

The queen's eyes looked sad when she heard. "I'm very sorry," she said but at the same time she was surprised from what she said. Krystal shook her head and smiled again. "Seunggi, would you please me back to my seat? I really need a rest now," her hand gripped tightly on his arm as if she was afraid someone might take him from her. "It's a pleasure to meet you but I've worn out myself. Please enjoy the ball," the queen said before excused herself. Seunggi nodded and her back where her servant had waited for her.

Through the ball, Krystal had waited at the corner. She watched as both the prince, Ji Yong and Seunggi danced with every women in the room. Some women gathered around, asking how did she knew the prince. Questions were added but no answers was given as she was unable to. Suddenly, a young boy approached the women. He was wearing a fine suit and a pair of shiny shoe. It was the queen's servant.

"Dear guest, if you would excuse Lady Krystal as the queen called for her present," he said politely. Krystal stared at him. He had a sweet honey voice just like her sister. He was very handsome, he could be compared with the other princes in the ballroom. The aristocrats started to back away as they gave way fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter