009

The Voice of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Burn the castle, don't leave one thing behind, " he commanded his army of soldiers. The soldiers lit the fire around the castle, at first smoke was all that filled the air, then a bright glint of orange appear. The castle glowed in a fluorescent orange border, whilst being attacked viciously by angry flames wiping out the castle. It erupted in violent flames as it spread through all the rooms in the castle. No cries were heard but the sound of men shouting their victory. They continued shouting as they watched the castle fall to ruins. Now, the kingdom has fallen.

The image in his mind slowly vanished as he opened his eye. The boy woke up from his slumber as the sunlight slipped through the corner of his window. His ears twitched as he heard the whispers of the forest. Suddenly, he felt something gripping his shoulder tightly which felt like claws; he knew it was his friend, James. The boy looked at his right shoulder as he caressed the yellow bird, "There is not much time left. It has now begun," his sweet, 10-year-old boy's voice whispered to the bird.  

The sun shone brightly up in the sky, giving glimmers to the waters at the river. It was a perfect day to spend the afternoon outside. Krystal was excited to spend summer since the sea had always been the same throughout the year except for being cold during winter. A few maids had prepared the picnic at the riverbank before the prince and princess came. They rode their horses and galloped to their destination. Although it was Krystal's first time riding a horse, it seems there is a chemistry between them.

Dara was an excellent rider. She had been riding a horse since she was young despite being a princess. As they rode towards the riverbank, the soft wind brushed through their hair and face leaving a sweet scent behind. The villagers gave their way for them as their horses galloped through the busy village. The scent of newly baked bread made Dara's stomach to grow. They greeted the prince and the princess with smiles plastered on their face. Soon, they passed a stream of river which made its way to the riverbank.

Dara was astonished by the beautiful scenery, her amazement voice was heard loudly by everyone present there. Krystal was amaze too but she couldn't find the perfect word to describe the riverbank. Ji Yong came down and raised his hand to his fiancée down. Dara quickly went to touch the surface of the water, it was clear and cool beneath the tip of her fingers. She could saw water splashing as the fish swarm in it.

"Dara, you are going to get wet if you get near to the river," Ji Yong spoke as rode his horse back. The princess took her hand out from the water, "It's summer, Ji Yong. We should enjoy the cool moment," as she slipped her bangs aside from her face. She took a pebble at the edge of the river and skipped it over the river. Every time the stone fell on the surface of the water, it skipped and produced a ripple on it.

"Are you going hunting today?" she asked him, glancing over her shoulder to see him riding his horse. Ji Yong nodded his head "I'll be back soon," he said as he rode his horse from the place, followed by a few man dressed for the activity behind him. The girls were left alone with a few maids there. "Shall we row the boats, Krystal?" Dara asked as she pointed her finger at the boats tied near the shore. The boats caught Krystal's attention; some wooden boats were floating  with an old looking man looking over them.

The princess grabbed her hand and pulled her to the old man, "Have you ever row a boat before?" she asked her again. Krystal shook her head and looked over to the old man; he had white hair and his face was shaved. He was wearing a clean light brown suit with a brown tie which made him resembled a little bit as a noble to her. He had his hat covered his forehead and was holding his walking stick in his left hand.

The moment the girls were near him, he took his hat down and rested in on his chest, gesturing himself being respectful to the princess. "Is it okay if we row the boats by ourselves?" Dara asked her as she directed her hands to the boat. "Of course your royal highness but I'm worried about your safety in those waters," his eyes filled with concern as he looked at her. Dara waved her hand, "Oh no, you don't have to worry. I've been rowing a boat since I was a child. I think I can handle some small waves," she said proudly, slapping her chest lightly.

"But princess, I can't put you in danger," he continued, the more he spoke, the clearer his accent was heard. 'The people are quite familiar with her. She will be their queen in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter