008

The Voice of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Those who don't know how to love themselves, are not worth to be loved," "I know how painful it is to be left behind," A woman's whispers echoed in his mind repeatedly but it stopped when an image flashed into his mind; a white haired boy who had his left eye patched with a bandage but his right eye were blue; clear as glass. The boy's face flashed into his mind repeatedly with a voice calling his name in the background. Then he saw another image; emerald eyes, they were slowly changing from the colour brown. Her lips spoke but a weird language were produce.

Another image beamed, a girl who look very familiar to him. She had a smile om her face with her hand calling for him. Suddenly, he saw the girl drowning to the depth of the sea; the same girl who was smiling before. He called for her name but her body was motionless, surrendering herself to the sea. He swam quickly to her but the more he moves the further the girl was. He felt hands grabbing him, avoiding him from reaching the girl, his eyes wandered aimlessly as he witnessed the girl sank.

Sweat covered his whole body. He shivered, hands grasped on the bed's mattress for support. Every inch of his skin felt cold as if an icy wind had blew passed him. Behind all those images and whispers, he heard a girl's voice calling for his name. With a scream, his eyes finally opened, they looked scared and filled with fear. He looked around and saw a familiar face by his side, it was the queen; Ji Won.

Her hands were on his right hand, worried eyes at first but relief came when she saw him conscious. "Bring me the medicine," she ordered. The maid brought the tray which had the medicine on it and gave it to the queen. The queen quickly pour the medicine into a small cup, "Here drink this," she said as she passed it to him. Seunggi grabbed Ji Won's wrist which hand's was holding the cup and drank it. It taste bitter but he made sure to drink it all.

Ji Won gave the cup back to the maid, "How do you feel now?" she asked, concern in her voice. Seunggi nodded his head, "What happen? Why am I here?" he asked, eyes wandered around the room and stopped at one girl who stood behind the queen with the other maids. Ji Won sighed, "One of the maids found you fainted in front of the dark forest gates. I think he saw you," she answered. "Who saw me?" Seunggi quickly asked when he heard her reply, his eyes finally looked at hers.

"I don't know. Things happened before, same as you," she replied. "Those who tried to enter the forest, some of them faint at the gates and when they wake up, they say they saw a boy shaking his head," she added. Her face looked tired, a few hair were loose from her bun and flowed down around her face. The door burst open and a young looking boy entered, "Your majesty, it is time for you to rest," he said to Ji Won.

She nodded her head and stood, "Tell the maid assigned for the prince to look after him and never leave his side," she spoke as she turned around and faced Jinwoo. He nodded his head and moved aside for the queen to leave. As the queen left, Jinwoo faced the maids and asked, "Which one of you is in charge to take after the prince?". One girl took a step forward, she had her hair tied into two ponytail  and eyes were brown, Yoona. "Yoona, you know what to do," he said, with a nod assuring her. The girl replied back with a nod.

Jinwoo faced the prince, he bowed his head and left the room, followed by the other maids except for Yoona. The last maid closed the door leaving the them together. "Opened the curtains," Seunggi instructed her. Yoona bowed her head slightly and pulled the curtains, the sunlight entered the room; it was almost sunset. Seunggi stared at the windows, "You were the one at the docks, right?" he asked. Yoona nodded her head. "When you told me that you understand love more than me, what did you mean?" he questioned her, this time looking at her.

Yoona stayed silent but when the sun starting to set she let out her voice, "To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed," she answered. "To love, sacrifices are made and to be loved, you are sacrificed," she added, sorrowfully. Seunggi stayed silent and closed his eyes, listening to the girl's answers. Sudddenly, he laughed which made Yoona surprised. "What are you laughing about?" she asked, felt insulted. He waved his hand side to side while he shook his head, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh," he replied. "It's just I never thought someone like you will experience a broken heart," he added and smiled at her. 

'A broken heart, well not really but close I guess,' she thought to herself. The prince stopped laughing and watched the sun disappeared under the ocean, "I love her more than anything, more than myself, more than my family but when she heard me said that....," he stopped then looked at Yoona again, "Do you know what she said?" he continued, showing a crooked smile. "What?" Yoona asked back, feeling curious about the answer.

"She said 'Those who don't know how to love themselves, are not worth to be loved'," he answered and chuckled to see Yoona's reaction. "Coincidence, don't you think? When you said that sentence, it reminded me of her," he added. "You had took the same thing she took from me when you said that sentence," he said again, his hand on his left chest. Yoona was baffled towards his answer and didn't know what to reply.

Meanwhile, Krystal and Ji Yong were still sailing on their way back home together with Dara. Dara decided to visit Ji Yong's kingdom for a few days, she is after all his fiancée. Krystal had stayed in hier room from the morning they left Valcoast. She didn't know how to face Ji Yong, how stupid of her to think they were madly in love. Ji Yong didn't tried to approach and explain everything to her, she felt hurt when Ji Yong didn't say anything when Seunggi told the truth. She felt she was betrayed.

Someone knocked the door to her room, a girl's voice ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter