010

The Voice of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We searched everywhere. The lady is gone," the maid said to the prince. Ji Yong was standing near the window, staring outside through the corner of the curtains, hands in his pocket. He glanced over at the maids and butlers behind me and nodded his head. "Go do your usual jobs," he instructed them. One by one left the room quietly, leaving him and his fiancée alone in the room. Ji Yong continued standing still, ignoring the presence of Dara near him.

"She left," Dara confessed, her voice sounded clear but Ji Yong just nodded at her statement. She walked to his side and touched his right wrist, "Stop thinking about her," she said sadly, face a little bit frowning. "You like her, I know," she continued, hands shaking. Ji Yong closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. "I do, maybe more than you," he spoke. Dara let go of his wrist, "I..I have to go back, today," eyes looking at the floor.

Inside she felt hurt and heartbroken but in the end the prince had picked the princess instead of her. She wanted to shout at him how much she loves him but she knew in his eyes she was just a little sister. He picked her because she was alone. He picked her because no one would. He picked her because he was told but did he pick her half heartedly? Why didn't he just break the engagement? Is it because she was lonely and needed someone by her side? Why didn't she hate her though? Why didn't she hate the woman who had took her man's heart? Is it because she was the princess first friend who is a girl?

"The carriage is here already, please, me to the docks," Dara asked him, almost sounded like a plea. Ji Yong finally opened his eyes and nodded his head, he walked towards the exit of the room without waiting for Dara. Dara's eyes followed every movements he made but she didn't try to follow him, she stayed. She walked around the room and stopped at the dressing table; looking at her own reflection. Her eyes took a glimpsed at the note left on the table and the locks of hair left behind. The note said: Goodbye and thank you for everything.

Six words had made the whole castle in a havoc. Six worlds had also made her heart saddens. Six words also had broke one's heart. It was only six words. 'I envy you, Krystal,' she thought to herself as her hands felt the crinkled paper left behind, the edges were crumpled. Soon, someone entered the room, her maid, "Your highness, it's time to leave," she announced, holding the princess's hat on her hands. Dara nodded her head and took the hate. She wore it around her head quietly and left the room without saying a word as she head out.

It was so quiet. Although her friend was never able to speak, it felt empty. Something precious had left the castle. Ji Yong was already in the carriage. He wasn't wearing his hat nor holding his stick. He put his left elbow on the edge of the window and rested his head on his hand. Again, he was staring blankly outside; something was disturbing his mind. Dara had sat across him, it seems her own fiancé didn't notice her presence there. "I didn't stop her, I'm sorry," she said, breaking the silence.

 Ji Yong sigh heavily again and caressed his hair roughly, "It's not your fault," he answered, hands crossing over one another. He closed his eyes, "I didn't get a good sleep last night, please be quiet," he uttered in a low voice. Dara didn't respond, she just stared at ground the entire journey. It was quiet, even the sound of the engine could be heard. She knew she could have stopped her last night but she didn't. Maybe, Ji Yong was upset with her? This is her fault after all. Will he ever forgive her?

She felt like her heart was pierce into two when Ji Yong confessed. She had work hard since she was young to receive that love but someone took it from her just because she resembles Jimin. It was unfair, when will the prince look at her that way? Will that day even come? Although she was jealous of Krystal but she couldn't bring herself to hate her. She was nice to her, she was a good friend to her. Krystal never complained about her, not like she can but Krystal never seems to get annoy with her attitude. She was her first friend and did she ever told her? Dara gripped her skirt and held her tears inside. She appeared like a bright sun outside but inside her heart was raining every day.

The prince didn't woke up even though they had arrived. Dara stared at his fiancée's face, she reached her hand out and touched his bangs which had fallen down to his forehead. He pushed them behind and caressed his face, "Liar," she stated. Her fingers stopped at his lips, "Since when did you learn to lie?" she added, pulling her hand away. She moved closer to him and placed her lips on his, a short one. She soon dragged herself away and rubbed her lips gently. 'I'm so sly,' she commented her action. She opened the door and left for the ship. Ji Yong was still in his slumber until he reached home.

Meantime, someone was running away, further from the castle. The horse galloped quickly, passing a stream of river and soon the forest despite it starting running before the crack of dawn. It sounds impossible but it's not for a mermaid as the rider; Krystal was giving her energy to it. Soft morning breeze gusted through her newly cut hair together with the refreshing scent of pine trees. She pulled the rope st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter