Winter Memories

You Can't Fall Up

  Jessica weaved through the people in the airport.

  "Damn!" Jessica tried dialing a taxi, but she had no reception in the airport.

  She began making her way outside, she felt the fammilar harsh winds of Seoul paralyze her. She could barely move her arm to hail the cab.

  "Almost winter..." Jessica said looking longingly outside the window. She began wishing for the snow to come once again.

  She enjoyed the snow, it made her think of happier times when she still lived with her family...

  "Uh..." she was brought back to reality by the driver staring at her in the rearview mirror.

  "Oh!" Jessica threw a wad of bills at the driver "Keep the change."

  She lazily made her way to her apartment door. Tiffany rushed out and suddenly embraced her.

  "Hey friend!" She cheered, Jessica smiled and hugged back.

  "Tiffany!" Jessica laughed.

  "How was your trip?" Tiffany asked, grabbing one of the bags waiting at Jessica's feet.

  "Fine." Jessica said cooly shrugging.

  Tiffany's usually neat chiffon was just her natural black waves, that were falling just past her shoulders. She was clad in her usual office wear: oxford skirt tucked into a black pencil skirt, and unsually high heels.

  "Dude!" Jessica tsked, tossing her blonde hair away from her face with her hand. Tiffany knew she was referring to her shoes.

  "They look very professional!" Tiffany defended her choice in shoes.

  "They make you look like a cheap hooker!" Jessica laughed heartily at her own joke.

  Tiffany's jaw dropped, "They do not!"

  "Hey! We're friends, I have to be honest!" Jessica said gently patting Tiffany on the shoulder.

  Jessica hooked her arm around Tiffany's and led her to sit on her couch. Tiffany did so and covered her eyes as instructed by Jessica.

  "Hold your hands out!" Jessica instructed again.

  Tiffany was a little afraid of what was going to come, but she reluctantly did so.

  She felt a small box land softly on both of her hands. She closed her fingers around the box and opened her eyes.

   "What's this?" Tiffany examined the small box close to her face.

  "Something I saw in California!" Jessica cheered eagerly, she bounced up and down and pointed to the box.

  Tiffany unwrapped the paper from around the cell phone sized box. She revealed a robin's egg blue box that read 'Tiffany & CO.' on the top. She smiled.

  "Cause your name is Tiffany!" Jessica smiled happily.

  Tiffany smiled at her cleverness.

  She removed the top of the box and carefully removed the delicate tissue paper.

  Tiffany took the bracelet staring at the beautiful silver material. She peered at the lone charm of a snowflake.

  "It's so beautiful!" Tiffany said.

  "You're welcome!" Jessica sat down and hugged her.

  Tiffany hugged her back in a matter of seconds.

  ~Next Day~

  Tiffany walked into Jessica's apartment, Jessica had left the door open again.

  She noticed Jessica lounging by one of the windows that was floor to cieling and looked over the city of Seoul.

  Jessica lounged on the hard wood floor looking down on the city floor.

  She was mezmerized by the snow falling, if she closed her eyes, home came to the front of her mind. She smiled.

  She began her cat which had waken up from her nap and was rubbing against Tiffany's legs.

  "I take it you like the snow?" Tiffany smiled.

  Jessica grinned weakly at her.

  "What's wrong?" Tiffany sat with her back on the window.

  Jessica shrugged, "It reminds me of my father..."

  "Are you close to your father?" Tiffany began drawing imaginary circles with her fingers.

  Jessica shook her head, "He's never not given me something I didn't want. But we don't really talk..."

  "Your own father?"

  "I guess, we just never really talked about anything, about what I wanted, what he wanted for me..." Jessica trailed off again.

  Tiffany nodded feeling it was best to drop the subject.

  Jessica's cat began shrinking away and lapping at the small bowl of water near the kitchen counter.

  Tiffany began humming a song.

  "I like your voice, by the way..." Jessica suddenly said.

  "Hm?" Tiffany wrinkled her brows.

  Jessica smirked, "I hear you in the middle of the night!"

  "Ohhh!" Tiffany blushed.

  "But your voice is nice!" Jessica assured her.

  Tiffany smiled, "Thanks."

  Jessica pulled her oversized sweater over her bare knees.

  "Kinda cold..." Jessica said.

  Tiffany nodded, she offered her hand to Jessica.

  Jessica took and let Tiffany help her up.

  Jessica nodded her thanks, then she began making her way to the bedroom. She came out moments later in black sweats and a simple T-Shirt.

  "Want some coffee?" Tiffany asked, Jessica rubbed her temple and nodded.

  Tiffany went over to te kitchen and began searching for coffee, "Uhh..."

  "All out," Jessica nodded.

  Tiffany knit her brows together again and went over to her own kitchen, to find that there was also a substantial lack of caffine in her possesion either.

  Tiffany came back into Jessica's apartment and hooked an arm around hers, "Let's go to this cute little coffee shop!"

  Jessica gave a small smile and followed Tiffany to the coffee shop where they both sat down and watched more snow fall, it began sticking to the ground.

  "Ugh!" Tiffany groaned pouring little packets of sugar into her coffee, "It's going to be so hard, to get on the bus in this weather."

  "Do you have a license?" Jessica asked finger combing her hair.

  Tiffany nodded, "I just can't afford a car!"

  Jessica nodded, "I have a car, but I barely ever leave so you can totally borrow it."

  Tiffany's eyes widened, "Really?"

  "Yeah, just don't wreck it or anything!" Jessica said.

  "Thank you!" Tiffany bounced up and down in her chair happily.

  Jessica smiled, "This coffee is good!"

  "Taeyeon and I used to go here when we were both secretaries for my father's company."

  "Taeyeon?" Jessica set down her coffee and looked at Tiffany, "Like, Kim Taeyeon?"

  Tiffany nodded, "Yeah you know her?"

  "No, I got a call from her, saying I had a job at some business building..." Jessica started putting two and two together.

  "You got that open job at MY office!" TIffany smiled, "Congrats! Taeyeon said she had thought she found someone that fit the criteria...wait you got a job?"

  "Uh yeah..." Jessica blushed, "You're right I need to start making my own living."

  "I can't believe you listened to me!" Tiffany blinked several times.

  "Thanks by the way..." Jessica said, "For letting me see that I have to do more things for myself, rather than relying on others."

  "It's the least I could do!" Tiffany put a reassuring hand over Jessica's, and for once it was only them in the shop with the snow that made Jessica look forward and not too far into the past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Bah!" Tiffany frowned tossing the faulty papers in the office recycling bin.

  "The printer isn't out of toner already is it?" Taeyeon asked pushing a button to check the levels.

  "Yeah, we need a new printer!" Tiffany growled tossing more papers in the trash before rubbing her temple.

  "I'll look into it..." Taeyeon checked her phone before walking out of the printer room.

  Yuri walked in and immediatly straightened up, "Hi Taeyeon-ah"

  "Stop by my office for your paycheck kay?" Taeyeon smiled and pat Yuri on the shoulder before walking out.

  "Yeah..." Yuri sounded like she was saying it right after running a marathon.

  "Well, well, well!" Tiffany winked at Yuri.

  "She doesn't even know I exist!" Yuri exasperated, "She has a better paying job than me anyway!"

  "I have an idea!" Tiffany said taking Yuri off to the side and starting to whisper.

  "Hit me!" Yuri said.

  "I'm taking that girl Jessica out tomorrow, why don't I invite Taeyeon and then you come along?"

  "Really?" Yuri smiled, she liked that idea.

  "Where are we going?" Yuri asked.

  "Some club she likes to go to..." Tiffany shrugged, Yuri knew she wasn't much of a dancer.

  "Yeah , thanks!" Yuri hugged Tiffany.

  "Sure!" Tiffany laughed, "I enjoy being your wingwoman!"

  "There's so much to do!" Taeyeon called jogging past them in the hallway.

  The next night, Tiffany pulled her hair into a ponytail while Jessica applied make up in her bathroom.

  "You look hot!" Jessica smiled.

  Tiffany's Dress

  "Well after our last outing I felt inferior!" Tiffany laughed beginning to apply her own eyeliner.

  "So..." Jessica plopped on Tiffany's bed.

  "Yuri and Taeyeon are coming too..."

  "Sweet!" Jessica nodded

  Tiffany and Jessica walked outside and hailed a cab, Jessica rolled down the window and put her sunglasses back over her face.

  "It's going to be cold tonight!" Jessica let her bored expression slip into a grin at Tiffany's statement.

  Jessica could only hope.