Maybe We're Not So Different

You Can't Fall Up

There was nothing Jessica hated more than manual labor. And she hated a lot of things.

She huffed and puffed transporting Tiffany's clean clothes into Tiffany's bedroom.

"Augh!" Jessica sat down next to Tiffany on the couch, "Why aren't you doing this again?"

"If I remember correctly you're the one who told me that I shouldn't work so hard!" Tiffany pointed out.

"Yeah, but I didn't mean dump all your work on me!" Jessica pouted.

"Wanna glass of water?" Tiffany handed her a glass slippery with condensation.

"Ahh!" Jessica gave a satisfied sigh after gulping the icy cold liquid selfishly.

"There..." Tiffany sat up from her lounging position, "Now let's go do the dishes."

Jessica groaned as Tiffany pulled Jessica's wrist. Jessica limped behind, whining incessantly.

"Jess!" Tiffany laughed as the blonde girl looked at the sink full of dirty dishes as if it were a pile of expired coupons. Completely useless.

"Nu-uh!" Jessica shook her head no, "There is no way I'm learning this skill! I'll just order take out for the rest of my life!"

"Oh c'mon!" Tiffany said gesturing to the sink.

Jessica approached with caution as Tiffany handed Jessica a plate. She stared at it.

"You're so spoiled!" Tiffany slapped her forehead and took the plate from Jessica, placing it in the dish washer.

"I am not!" Jessica took the next plate from Tiffany and placed it in the dish washer. And the next one, and the next one. Soon she had done the whole sink full.

"There ya go!" Tiffany slapped Jessica on the back.

"I need a nap!" Jessica groaned.

Tiffany pretended to examine her fingernails. She smiled at the dark wood flooring. She always never knew she'd run into such an interesting neighbor.

"Hey Jessica?" Tiffany's neck felt all prickley.

"Yeah?" Jessica yawned, her wide eyes sparkled.

"We're friends right?" Tiffany began scratching the back of her neck.

Jessica kinda looked at her.

"Nevermind!" Tiffany blurted turning around abrupdtly, tripping over her cat Mushroom and sending her to the ground.

"Tiffany!" Jessica crouched down next to her. Jessica examined her. The only thing she had was a cut from the handle of a drawer.

"Oh my!" Jessica's eyes widened and she smoothed out her skirt and ran to the bathroom. She returned soon after with some first-aid supplies.

Tiffany felt dizzy from the fall. Soon she felt a burning-stinging sensation on her forearm. Her immediate response was to bat the feeling away. But her visions quit blurring as she saw Jessica above her. Her eyes were wide with fear looking into her eyes.

"Tiff?" Jessica gently her shoulder.

"I'm alright..." Tiffany mumbled.

"No!" Jessica was serious, "This is a deep cut, you may need stitches."

Tiffany blinked several times, "Jessica?"

"Yeah?" Jessica began throwing away the bloody alcohol wipes, "God you bled a lot, scared the hell outta me!"

"Jessica..." Tiffany mumbled again.

"Yeah I'm Jessica..." Jessica got worried she might have suffered a concusion when she hit the kitchen floor.

"My Jessica..." Tiffany grabbed at Jessica's wrist.

"Your Jessica?" She smiled sweetly, "We've only known each other a week."

Tiffany felt dizzy she looked at the cieling and drifted into a disturbed sleep. She heard many different voices and felt many sharp pains all over.

When she came to she was sitting in a hospital room. She rubbed her arm. A sharp pain shot up through her arm and she examined to find stitches. The thread in her skin, made her dry heave. She felt like she was going to throw up.

Just then Jessica came into the room with a doctor. She looked up to see Tiffany gagging and she quickly handed Tiffany a bucket. She held Tiffany's hair back while she vomitted.

"Ms. Hwang?" The doctor was a tall woman, "I'm Dr. Sooyoung Choi, how are you feeling?"

"Uhh..." Tiffany thought and Jessica handed her some water, "I've been better."

Dr. Choi smiled and scribbled some things on a clipboard.

"Just a concussion and some stitched was all you needed!" The doctor said, "We'll keep you over night just in case your concussion worsens."

"Alright..." Tiffany still needed to catch her breath before speaking.

The doctor left and Jessica sat down in a chair next to her bed.

"That's not the Jessica I met..." Tiffany said, Jessica peered up. Her blonde hair was in a messy braid over her left shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked.

"The Jessica I've seen today," Tiffany began, "She's caring, beautiful on the inside as well as outside, clean, organized, and helpful."

"Really?" Jessica shrugged, "I'm just Jessica Jung..."

"I've known the other Jessica for a week." Tiffany said, "I like this Jessica much better."

Jessica sat there taking in everything Tiffany had said. She looked at Tiffany with a blank look on her face. Tiffany reached out a hand and took Jessica's hand. Forcing Jessica to stand up and walk over to the bed. Jessica noted Tiffany's skin against her own, how it felt right. She noted the look Tiffany gave her.

"That Jessica helped me today." Tiffany held Jessica's hand tightly, "And I am forever in that Jessica's debt."

Jessica smiled nodding. She bent down and gave the girl a hug.

"Wanna hear a secret?" Tiffany scooted over so Jessica could sit down, and tell Tiffany her secret.

Tiffany grinned and nodded, holding her hand up to her ear.

"I like this Jessica better too..." Jessica whispered.

The girls sat and stared at one another. Jessica gave Tiffany and hug.

"And to answer your question..." Jessica said.

"Question?" Tiffany racked her brain for a memory.

"I consider you my best friend..." Jessica smiled.

Tiffany smiled. The two girls talked all night long in that hospital room. By morning those two knew everything about each other. Jessica laughed when she saw Tiffany had fallen asleep.

====One Month Later====

Jessica had left a note on Tiffany's door one morning.

It said she was going to visit her parents and that she'd be back in a month.

Tiffany awaited Jessica's return with more enthusiasm than nessecary.

"Jessica's coming home today!" Tiffany said proudly to Taeyeon as she dropped off the last of the reports before returning home.

Taeyeon blinked, "Who's Jessica?" Taeyeon asked.

"Oh...uh...my neighbor..." Tiffany remembered Jessica's interest in Taeyeon, and decided to keep quiet.

"Oh..." Taeyeon looked at Tiffany funny. Just then Yuri walked into Taeyeon's office. Taeyeon smoothed her hair.

"Hey Yuri!" Taeyeon smiled.

"Ms. Kim there's a call for you on line 4!" Yuri bowed and walked out.

Taeyeon's smile faltered as she waved her hand dismissing Tiffany.

"Do you like Yuri?" Tiffany smiled slyly.

"Uh yeah...she's a hard worker." Taeyeon nodded, more to assure herself not Tiffany.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, "She taked three lunch breaks!"

"There's three meals in a day!" Taeyeon said defensively.

Tiffany cackled, "Whatever!"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, Tiffany walked out.

She decided to pack up early, so she could meet Jessica at home.