The Princess and the Workaholic

You Can't Fall Up

tap tap tap

Tiffany's finger lingered over the kepboard and she finished her last E-mail for the night. She breathed a sigh of relief and stood up from her desk. She felt her joints pop and she got a head rush from standing up all of a sudden. She decided she'd get a glass of iced tea and then go for a walk.

She walked out of her office. She noticed the Seoul skyline was a dreamy orange. Had that much time passed already? She'd only been working since...

"7 am!" She groaned bringing her palm to her face. She continued stumbling in her barely lit apartment to the fridge. She poured herself some ice tea. She kicked off her heels and glommed on her couch. She felt serene for once.

bzzz bzzz

Tiffany groaned as she felt her Iphone vibrate against her hip. She grouchily pulled her phone from her pocket and read the latest E-mail.

Tiffany,

Please over look these last few...

She frowned and ignored the E-mail.

"I'll do it tomorrow!" She yawned, just then her cat, Mushroom, jumped onto the coffee table.

"Hey, you're hungry aren't you?" Tiffany cooed rubbing the cat's back gently. She stood up, happy to walk without her heels on.

Just then she heard the doorbell ring. She quickly put some food out for the cat and went to look at the little screen.

A blonde girl was standing there. Her hair was whipped by the wind earlier that day and her sweater was hanging off her right shoulder.

"Can I help you?" Tiffany asked hesitantly.

"Uhh...yeah I kinda...forgot my key." The girl rubbed her head.

"Oh uh here I'll let you in!" Tiffany pushed the button and opened her front door.

"Uh thanks...sorry to be a bother, I'll remember my key next time." The girl said sheepishly going into the apartment right next to Tiffany's.

"Uh no problem." Tiffany nodded and took her hair down.

"I'm Jessica by the way," She came out with her hair brushed and her sweater fixed.

"I'm Tiffany I just moved here." Tiffany smiled.

"Do you work around here?" Jessica asked leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah I work in the Lillex center down the street." Tiffany pointed East.

"Ah big business woman huh?" Jessica twiddled her fingers.

"Yeah, do you have a job?" Tiffany asked.

"Not currently, I'd like to get one though." Jessica seemed uninterested in their conversation now.

"Well I guess I'll see you later..." Tiffany nodded and waved good bye.

"Yeah sure thing." Jessica smiled and waved before walking into her apartment.

Jessica locked the door behind her and looked at the messy apartment that her parents paid for.

"Bleh!" Jessica groaned, her head was throbbing from her current hangover. She ran her fingers through her blonde hair and grabbed a bottle of mouthwash from the fridge, hoping to wash out the taste of cheap alocohol.

"Why the hell is this in the fridge?" Jessica wondered, she let the bottle fall into the sink after pouring herself a wine glass full of the minty liquid.

After that she stumbled to the shower. She wrinkled her nose watching the glitter and confetti fall down the drain. She leaned her head against the shower wall rubbing her throbbing temple.

"Unnngg!" She groaned, her headache was still strong when she was dressed. She fell onto her unmade bed. She didn't even attempt to clear the bed of her rejected outfits.

She stared at the ceiling. It moved in circles in her mind. She narrowed her eyes trying to get the images to stay still. She fell into a troubled sleep eventually hugging her knees to her body.

Tiffany awoke the next morning and looked at her ringing alarm clock. She hit the button and managed to pull herself out of bed.

By 6:45 she was in the kitchen. She looked at her watch pouring herself a bowl of cereal.

"! I'm late!" Tiffany abandoned the cereal. Mushroom jumped on the counter and began lapping at the milk.

Tiffany grabbed her laptop and briefcase before rushing out the door. She locked the door behind her and almost ran over Jessica on the stairs. Jessica was wearing sun glasses and was holding a paper cup with some coffee. She lifted the sunglasseds over her eyes and tsked at the girl.

"Why does a pretty girl work so hard?" She wondered sipping her coffee thoughtfully, still on the stairs where she had narrowly avoided being killed just a few moments ago. She headed back upstairs.

"I need my own damn car!" Tiffany groaned as she waited impatiently for the bus to arrive. She wrung her hands and wound her watch. When the bus came she hurridly took her armful of work and looked for a seat. An old woman got on after her. She gave up her seat.

"My what a considerate young lady!" The lady complimented.

"My pleasure!" Tiffany smiled and bowed.

The bus ride made her queasy, she could barely keep her eyes on her ringing phone. When she arrived in front of her office building she hurried inside.

"Tiffany!" Yuri, the receptionist breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey Yuri!" Tiffany was breathing heavily, she plopped everything down on the reception desk.

"You have a meeting in 20 minutes!" Yuri reminded her, "Did you review those last few E-Mails Mr. Lee sent you?"

Tiffany's eyes widened, "!" Tiffany quickly took everything to her office.

She began wading through her E-mails before she found them.

Yuri shook her head, "Poor girl..."

Tiffany quickly reviewed and stamped her approvel with 10 minutes to spare.

Tiffany laid her head on her desk feeling her stomach growl. She stood up and went into the kitchen for some coffee.

"Here!" Yuri offered Tiffany a donught, which she proudly scarfed down, then chased down with the weak free coffee.

Meanwhile Jessica sat on her disheveled couch flipping through the T.V. channels.

"Nothing on!" Jessica groaned while stretching out her arms. Her cat, Mittens, roamed around.

"I know I'm doing something right with you!" She said happily petting the cat, "You're always well fed!"

The cat purred in response.

~~~~~~9 Hours Later~~~~~~

Tiffany's neck ached from sitting in that meeting most of the day. Mr. Lee had sent her home with more work than she had had yesterday.

"Becoming a fine worker, just like your father!" He said, before handing her a stack of folders and sending her several accounts to review.

She dragged everything into the elevator that night. A girl got on with her.

"Hey Tiffany!" The girl said smiling warmly.

"Hey Hyoyeon, going to the lobby?" Tiffany asked wearily, pushing the button again.

"Yep! It's quittin time! Gonna go home and rest!" Hyoyeon said.

"Lucky you! I'll be up all night with these papers!" Tiffany huffed, lugging them through the lobby into the parking lot. Hyoyeon followed behind.

"Aw man!" Hyoyeon said, "I'm sorry! If you need any food or anything you've got my number!"

The two girls said goodbye as Tiffany boarded the bus finding it mostly empty.

"Ugh!" Tiffany dropped everything into a seat next to her.

"Long day?" Tiffany looked up to find her neighbor Jessica staring down at her.

"Yeah." Tiffany sighed, Jessica sat in the empty seat next to all of Tiffany's paperwork.

"And who is this?" Jessica teased patting the stack.

"This is what's going to keep me up all night tonight!" Tiffany introduced the two.

"Ugh why do you work so hard?" Jessica wrinkled her nose pulling her sunglasses up to her blonde hair.

"So I can be sucessful!" Tiffany was confused by such a question.

"Who cares about sucess?" Jessica leaned back.

"Uh I do!" Tiffany said, "This way I can pay my own rent!"

"Ouch!" Jessica rolled her eyes, "Hit me where it really hurts why don't ya?"

Jessica got up at the next stop to buy herself some dinner. She walked away from Tiffany's paperwork.

"By the way, that doesn't look like sucess, it looks like a pushover employee!" Jessica said before exiting the bus.

When Tiffany waved away her comment Jessica felt a fluttery feeling in her stomach as she stepped onto the streets of Seoul, South Korea.

"ty energy drinks!" Jessica declared dumping her half full can in the nearest garbage can.

Tiffany finally got home and began working again in her office. She only heard the tapping of the keyboard, and the occasional scribbling of a pen to correct forms.

"Pushover employee!" Tiffany huffed, "I am heiress to the huge business Lillex publishing!"

She thought of Jessica's words on the bus, she began feeling shivers. She rubbed her arms before going to put on a sweater.

"Dammit!" She whined, "I'm a good employee who works hard so she can pay her own damn rent."

"Okay okay I heard you!" Jessica was standing in the doorway to her office.

"Wah?! How'd you get in here?" Tiffany jumped in her seat.

"You left the door open." Jessica causally pointed to the front door which was still ajar.

"Argh!" Tiffany laid against her desk.

"Hey!" Jessica came and sat on her desk.

"What?" Tiffany moped.

"Forget this come out and have a few drinks with me instead!" Jessica smiled, "C'mon!"

Tiffany looked at her.

"Are you crazy?" Tiffany asked, she stood up and shooed Jessica through the door to her office, all the way till the front door.

"Nope, I just hate seeing such a busy bee person!" Jessica said, Tiffany tapped her foot in the doorway.

"I'm not leaving until you say yes!" Jessica declared sticking her foot between the door and door frame.

"NO! I have work."

Jessica began humming. She pulled out a nail file and began doing her nails, while Tiffany sat there too tired to completely understand the situation.

"Ok fine!" Tiffany gave in.

"Great!" Jessica headed towards her apartment, "Come knock when you're done getting ready!"

"Whatever!" Tiffany groaned.

"Oh! And wear something cute!" Jessica shouted before Tiffany could shut the door.

"Kay!" Tiffany shouted back before shutting the door completely.

Do I even own anything cute?!