Hydra

Observatory

-13 years ago

“Come on Chen Chen,” Chanyeol pleaded “Hyunnie. I have to show you guys something!”

Their mothers had been best friends in high school and as if subject to the fate of some chick flick, they all ended up getting pregnant at the same time.

“What is it, Yeolie? I’m scared.” Said Baekhyun

“We’re nt supposed to be up here.” Said Chen

“Shh! It’s just a little further.” Baekhyun and Chen looked at each other. He led them up the staircase to the roof of their apartment building.

“You’re not gonna kill us, are you?” Chen teased.

“What? No! Just come on.” They turned the corner to the other side of the roof where Chanyeol had set up a blanket. They lied down and the view stunned them into silence. Not only was the sky full of stars, they were falling. “Mom says it’s called a meteor shower.” Baekhyun and Chen ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’. Then Chanyeol pulled them closer to himself and they soon fell asleep under the stars.

+++

-present

“Byun Baekhyun, Wake up! Yeolie’s making breakfast!” Chen shouted as he gingerly removed Baekhyun’s blanket and took it with him into the living room. Baekhyun groaned and curled up into a ball.

IN THE KITCHEN

As Chanyeol was putting the finishing touches on breakfast, Chen walked by and tossed Baekhyun’s blanket onto the couch. He then joined Chanyeol in the kitchen. He poured coffee, milk, and orange juice and set them on the table. Chanyeol passed by him after setting three rice bowls at their respective places. Chen fished the utensils out of a drawer and completed the place settings. Baekhyun shuffled in and sat in front of the coffee, Chen sat in front of the orange juice and after placing a pot seaweed soup in the center of the table, Chanyeol sat in front of the glass of milk. Chen and Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun expectantly. Baekhyun sighed contently and sleepy smile adorned his face, “Seaweed soup”. Chen and Chanyeol smiled. “Happy Birthday, Baekhyun!!”

“Thanks guys.” He sighed.

+++

After they had cleaned up breakfast, they sat in the living room.

“So Baekhyun, we have a surprise for you” said Chanyeol

“Oh god. It’s not another clown, is it?” said Baekhyun

Chen groaned “Ugh, that was one time! You still had fun, didn’t you?”

“I cried!”

“Ah, that’s right..”

Chanyeol laughed. “No, it has something to do with our childhood.”

Baekhyun thought for a bit. “Ahh!” Chen and Chanyeol looked at each other. “Are we going to our old apartment building?”

“Uhh, not quite” said Chanyeol

“They tore it down” said Chen, very matter-of-factly.

“What?!” said Baekhyun

“Yea, something about asbestos, or something.”

Baekhyun was still in shock when Chanyeol cut in “But I promise this’ll be just as good.”

+++

-LATER

When they walked up to the front desk of the observatory, they were met with a handsome, tan kid about Chanyeol’s height. ”Welcome to Kim Observatory, my name is Jongin. How may I help you?”

“Hey, yea!” started Chanyeol “I talked to you on the phone earlier.”

“Oh yes, of course. Give me just a moment.” That’s when they noticed the buzz in the air. There were people running around and music coming from the door marked AUDITORIUM. At that time, someone came from the door.

“Jongin-ah, I need the extra batteries.” Chen’s eyes lit up.

“Yea Minnie, they’re in the drawer next to first aid kit.”

“Thanks” the boy took the batteries and disappeared back into the auditorium.

“Who…  was that?”said Chen. Chanyeol and Baekhyun smirked at each other.

“Hm.. oh, Taemin? He’s my brother.” Said Jongin

“Are you guys twins?” asked Chanyeol

“Yea, fraternal. He’s 3 minutes older.” Just then, a terrible drum solo was heard from the auditorium.

“What’s going on here today?” said Baekhyun

“Oh, they’re practicing. We’re holding auditions later for our showcase at the end of the month. Me and my brother are gonna dance!”

“Ahh~” the three said in unison.

“So if you’ll follow me, I’ll show you to the roof.”

+++

As they reached the roof, a blanket was already set up, just like all those years ago. So just like back then, they lied down in their usual places and it had really started to feel like the old days.

“I love you guys.”

“Ew Baekhyun, don’t be gross!” teased Chen

“I’m serious, you troll! This is really nice. You guys are my best friends and this is the best birthday ever! Really, thanks for everything today.”

Chanyeol chuckled “We love you too, Hyunnie. That’s what friends are for.” He pulled them both closer.

Chen changed the subject “Hey guys, can we come back and watch the showcase?” That older twin was pretty hot!”

“” Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

“Of course we can. I wanna see it too.” said Chanyeol

“Cool” said Chen

They settled again soon enough and stayed that way for a while just watching the stars.

“Happy Birthday, Baekhyun”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

So, I did the whole birthday thing just cause it fit the story line but there are SHINEEXO birthdays among us so, shout out to Xiumin, Jonghyun, Sehun, Luhan, Tao, Baekhyun, and Suho! Oppadeul hwaiting! Sengil Chukkahae! I hope you all have wonderful birthdays! :)

Also, at the KBS free concert, I was super far away so it’s not like he would have seen them but I had signs to hold up for Jonghyun’s birthday and I forgot to.. so Happy Birthday, oppa! :3


A/N: I am ..  this took me so long. I'm so sorry. I didn't like the first version so I wanted to change it but I couldn't think of how to do that. Plus mid-terms and spring break. Ugh, messy! But finally it's up. :)