Cygnus

Observatory

Key was panicking. “Hyung, what are we gonna do? We need more people! No one has even touched our flyers!” He paced back and forth. Xiumin was sitting a few feet away pinching the bridge of his nose. “The bulletin board is a lost art. Chill Kibum. We can recruit and hold auditions. It’ll be fi-” “I don't know hyung, the show is in a month and last time…” *slap!* “Get a hold of yourself, I need your confidence. For god sakes, you’re the almighty Key. Act like it!!” Key froze. “Call Kris, he always gets you back to normal.”

“Right!” he gets his phone out. “but really, Min..”

“Don’t worry, I have a plan.”

+++

 

About an hour later they found themselves in the lobby of the Observatory eyeing two new kids training to work at the front desk. The boys left with some boxes. Key and Xiumin walked over to the man who had been training them and who was now eyeing Key. “Hey Key~!” “I’m taken” Key spat.

“Hey Jjong, what’s up?” said Xiumin.

“Hey Min, how are things over at the stage?”

“Well that’s the thing. We’re planning a showcase for the end of the month. I don’t think we’ll have any problem gathering singers since you’re pretty good and so is watchtower hyung and his trainee but…” “We need dancers!!” Key interrupted. Xiumin shut his eyes in annoyance but said nothing. Key just shrugged.

Jonghyun was confused “So..”

“So we saw your kids’ thighs, they HAVE to be dancers!” Key said, deciding to take control of the conversation..  much to Xiumin’s delight actually. He liked Kibum like this. Diva Key got done.

“The twins? But they haven’t even been here an entire wee..”

“We need to borrow them!”

“What if we don’t want to?” Everyone turned to look at Taemin. Jongin stood slightly behind him.

“Oh, but you do!” Key retorted “You love to dance. I can tell by the way you look, the way you walk, and even the way you talk” Key moved closer now and Taemin faltered bit. “When someone really wants to dance, needs it, that need runs through their entire body like a freight train and I can see it. You can’t stop moving even now.” he trailed his fingers down Taemin’s arm and pulled back when Taemin made a fist. “All the way down to the ends of your fingertips.” Taemin couldn’t help but look defeated and Xiumin decided that Key was definitely the coolest person he knew.

“Wow” Jonghyun blurted out.

“I’m Xiumin and that’s Key.” It wasn’t entirely untrue. Key was very different from Kibum (Kibum would never have assaulted a young boy like Key just did). “We head the events department here at the Observatory and we’re having a showcase at the end of the month. Will you join us?”

“Hm..  I don’t know, we..”

“Minnie!” Jongin spoke. They then turned to have a pow wow. Key rolled his eyes while the brothers seemed to be disagreeing. “We’re in!” Jongin smiled brightly. They all looked at Taemin. He nodded and rolled his eyes.

+++

 

“Bummie, you’re amazing!” Xiumin said once they were back in their shared office behind the observatory’s stage.

“Minseok-ah, stop~” Key used Xiumin’s real name. “I’ve always been this way.”

“I don’t know, you were more jittery when we met.”

“I was six!”

“Yea well whatever. You grew up well..” Xiumin dismissed the slight embarrassment.

“I always thought you were cool though, hyung..” Xiumin looked up at Key. “Even when we were young, you were so cute, humble, confident, talented and kind” Key blushed. “I looked up to you. I still do.”

Xiumin smiled “Geez, Kibum-ah. Thanks…  we make a good team, don’t we?”

“Yea, yea, but let’s cut out all this sappy bull. We got a show to plan!”