Stargazer

Observatory

Jinki looked up from his watch exactly at 6:12pm and right on cue, the boy he had been waiting for walked into the auditorium and took his usual seat. Jinki worked in the watchtower controlling all of the various switches and levers necessary to run the stargazing room at the observatory. The boy came everyday at the same time to look at the stars for about an hour and it seemed as if he regarded the stars as his friends rather than far away balls of light. He had graceful features and soft expressions accentuated by his single dimple and Jinki thought he was beautiful. He had watched for long enough and Jinki decided that he wanted to be closer. Today would be the day he talked to him.

“Hyung, hwaiting!” said Kyungsoo, Jinki’s most recent Trainee. Jinki turned to face him “Do you think you can hold it down for a while?”

“Of course, hyung. You’re a great teacher!” Jinki smiled. Kyungsoo looked him over once more before seeming satisfied with his appearance. Jinki thanked him and ruffled his hair before leaving.

+++

 

Jinki quietly sat down next to the boy and looked up at the stars with him.

“Hi”

“Hi”

“I’m Jinki”

He looked at Jinki now and flashed his dimple, “Yixing” Jinki blushed.

“I…um..” Jinki found the stargazer to be way more disarming up close.

“Do you work here?”

“Huh? Oh.. Yea, how’d you know?”

Yixing pointed to his nametag and giggled, “plus I’ve seen you around a couple of times.”

“Oh yea, haha.” He chuckled nervously.

“It must be nice” he looks back up at the stars “I love stars, they remind me of home. The surroundings may be different but the sky is the same” He smiles again and looks back at Jinki, “I moved here from China a couple of months ago with my friend Luhan.” Ahh, so that was the accent I heard Jinki thinks.

“Um, so Yixing..” Jinki fiddles with the hem of his shirt.

“Do you maybe want to show me around?”

“What?” Yixing blushed now.

“Well so far, I really like you and I don’t really know much about Seoul so I was thinking you could maybe take me on a date or something.” Jinki froze. He was not prepared for this.

“um..  Jinki-ssi?” Yixing tried to continue. “I mean, my roommate has been here before but he doesn’t really have time to..” He was cut off by a pair of lips pressed to his and he squeaked in surprise.

When they parted, Yixing  blushed. “I’m sorry.” Jinki tried “Omg, I’m so sorry. We just met and I’m already being stupid. Where are my manners? Kyungsoo’s gonna kill me. I don’t even know why I..” Yixing put a finger to Jinki’s lips. “I’ll see you tomorrow, hyung.” He smiled. Jinki returned it and slumped back in his seat as Yixing walked away. He knew himself that it sounded silly but he couldn’t help but thank the stars for giving the two of them the chance to meet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Omg, so I just shamelessly put my two biases together. But oh well, it's a starting off point, right? haha. Anyways, the next one is about twins, can you guess who? ha. Kidarichuseyo!  :)