A surprise!

A Lifetime Of Silence

For the next couple of days Tao followed Kris around, continuously apologizing for the soda incident. It wasn’t until the end of the week that Kris had finally accepted Tao’s apology, then sent Tao to go and pick up his dry cleaning. Tao exited his boss’s room with a smile. Yes! He doesn’t hate and won’t fire me! Tao cheered in his head. He went to his room.

“Zongxian, I got to go and run an errand for Kris,” He told his little brother who was lying on the bed, next to his sister who was sleeping. The young boy did not look happy. Tao noticed this, “What’s wrong?”

“It’s- Nothing,” Zongxian replied. Tao looked at him skeptically; he knew something was bothering his little brother. It most likely was due to the fact that Minyi and Zongxian had not been out of this house for almost a full week. He felt bad that he had his siblings living like this. Zongxian gave him a forced smile, Tao responded with one of his own. I’m so sorry. He then left to take care of what he had to. He did not see the hurt expression on Zongxian’s face.

The young boy walked along the sidewalk, the cold air nipping at his nose. His black and yellow scarf keeping his neck warm, from the frosty weather. A hand warmer was place in either of his pockets and his hands placed in each one. The ice crunched under his frozen feet, in his worn out shoes. The walk was long to the dry cleaners. He pulled his hands out of his warm pockets and began to rub vigorously against his arms, in a poor attempt to warm them up.


 

Kris sat at his desk; a colored pencil was grasped with his right hand. It was moving smoothly over the snow white paper, a sketch of a beautiful female figure clothed in a crimson gown draped over her body, and seemed to flow to the ground. Once done with coloring, he lifted the sheet and stared at it by the window that illuminated the study from behind him. He nodded his head in satisfaction. He has the fabrics on his hand, and began to place them next to the drawing. He was looking for a fabric that would get the feel of the dress. His new line of clothing; that he would be showcased at the end of the month. His theme was that of crimson, the deep, vivid color signified the dark, yet beautiful feeling the color gave off. But the true meaning was that there was always happiness in the darkness. The clothes were supposed to secretly represent Kris’s past. The thoughts as he made these clothes were hard to deal with, but he wanted to finish this line and show it off to the family that left. I will show you that I can be successful. A knock was heard on his study, pulling him out of his thoughts.

A head popped through the door.

“I have some papers you need to sign,” Kris’s secretary, Kyungsoo, came in with stacks of papers in his hands, “A lot of these are for the store, and some are for the advertising. And then Madam Oh called and told you to bring yourself, and your brother to their restaurant,” Kyungsoo informed as he fumbled with the papers he held. Kris sighed, and dropped the fabric, he walked over to the shorter male, and grabbed almost half of the stack, and placed it on his desk, along with his dozens of sketch papers. “Also, Kim Yerim from KY photography needs to have a meeting with you about which models and settings the picture for the new line will have,” Kyungsoo explained. Kris gave Kyungsoo a glance stare, “I know, I know. You won’t have to do any of the talking; I’ll take care of that.” Kris sneaked a smile to his assistant. He was the only one in their entire business that knew of Kris being mute, and he took care of all the talking for Kris. So of course he was glad for an understanding employee like Kyungsoo.

 

“Also your therapist wants to make another meeting with you.” Kris furrowed his eyebrows. Kyungsoo noticed this. Kris hated therapy, he felt like he was doing perfectly fine without speaking. “Kris, he is just helping you. You need to go,” Kyungsoo pleaded. Kris just nodded his head, and waved Kyungsoo away. Kyungsoo straightened his back, and bowed to his boss, then left the room. He walked down the hall, thinking hard. He reached out his cellphone and began to type in his schedule, the new tasks that he needs to do. He was so absorbed in his phone that he didn’t notice that he bumped into a young boy. His hair black, he had food in his hands. Kyungsoo stared at the other boy with big round owl- like eyes.

“Who-” But before he can finish his sentence, the boy ran away. Kyungsoo stood there with his finger pointing to where the boy stood before. A look of confusion was on his face. Since when did kids live here?

 

                                                     ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

Tao was on his way back home. The clothes covered in the plastic bag, were held in Tao’s hand by the hangers. The teenage boy hummed a soft tune. There was a skip in his step, and he looked to be enjoying his day.

“Boss forgave me, yay!” He hummed. A fist collided with Tao’s, causing the blonde boy to kneel. The clothes; thrown onto the cold ground.

“So where have you been, freak boy?” A male voice sneered, standing in front of Tao. Tao looked up and saw a face that only could bring bad memories. Tao whimpered as he recognized his school mates. Just perfect way to ruin my day! Tao thought sarcastically.  Tao saw that there were two boys. The two boys, who that made his life miserable at school, they made fun of Tao for being poor, and quiet.

“What-” One of the boys pulled Tao into an empty alley way.

“So I heard your mom left you,” One of the boys said. Tao clenched his fists.

“She didn’t leave, she-” He was shoved into the wall of the building.

“Is that why you left? Because Mommy doesn't love you,” The guy mocked and he brought his head closer to Tao’s face. That was enough to break Tao’s last strand of self-control. He punched the boy closest to him in the gut, making him grunt.

 

“Why you-” The other boy started, as he swung a fist to Tao’s face, hitting him hard. Tao fell to the grown, he wiped the back of his hand to his lips and saw the blood.

“You guys are gonna pay for that!” Tao angrily yelled. He got up quickly kneed the boy who punched him, and kicked the other. Both boys laid on the ground groaning in pain, “ Just leave me alone! I’m not going to your ty school anymore,” Tao spat as he turned away, grabbed Kris’s clothes and walked away.

 

Tao opened the door to the house, his white sleeve covered in blood, he was about to run the restroom downstairs but a voice stopped him.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay? You’re bleeding.” Tao looked at the shorter boy with big round eyes and dark hair. He walked over towards Tao and removed Tao’s sleeve from his nose, and replaced it with a pastel yellow handkerchief. “It doesn’t look broken at all, but it’s going to bruise badly,” He touched Tao’s nose with gentle hands, “Come, let’s go wash the blood off from your face.” Tao followed the shorter boy the washroom, dazed; with the clothes still in his hands.

After washing off his face Tao finally got to saying, “Um, I’m Huang Zitao, and you are?”

“Do Kyungsoo! I’m Kris’s assistant,” He held out a hand for a handshake. A cough was heard from the doorway; both males looked to the door. Kris stood there in his dark suit, with his arms crossed. Tao sprung up from where he sat and bowed to Kris.

‘Why are you late?’

“I-I’m sorry,” Tao replied as he kept his head hung low, “I’ll go put this in your room,” He indicated to the dry cleaning. He was about to walk past Kris through the door, but Kris stopped Tao. Kris grabbed the clothes, he pointed to the stain on one of the white shirts. Tao’s eyes widened in shock, when did that get there? The clothes were thrown into Tao’s hands. The younger Chinese boy looked up towards his boss.

‘Take them back again to be washed. I can’t use them if they are filthy!’ He signed angrily. Tao turned his head to the side, trying to hide his black eye. He nodded his head and tried to walk away.

“I’ll take them,” Kyungsoo offered, “I have to go to your meeting anyways. It’s in the same direction.” Kyungsoo took the clothes from Tao.

“Kyungsoo-sshi, its okay I’m his-” Kyungsoo leaned closer to the other.

“It’s fine Tao. Make sure to put an ice pack on your eye, and put disinfectant on the cuts,” He whispered with a smile. Tao avoided eye contact with the other, he could feel Kris’s cold gaze on his back. Kyungsoo patted Tao’s back softly and left the giant house.

“D-do you want something to eat?” Tao asked softly. Kris shook his head and headed back to his study. Tao felt his body relax as the elder walked away. He touched his one swollen eye and winced in pain. He made himself a little ice pack, and then headed to his room. He knocked twice, and then walked in. He saw Zongxian sleeping on the giant bed while Minyi was sitting next to him playing with her stuffed pink panda. The panda was given to Minyi when she was adopted, by his real mother. The child takes it wherever she goes, as well as sleeps with it.

“Minyi,” Tao chimed, knowing the child did not hear him. He gently patted her shoulder to get her attention the young girl quickly turned her head around and smiled once she saw her brother. She put her arms up, showing that she wanted to be held. He was obliged to pick her up with the face that she was making. He cooed to her, knowing that she would not be able to hear his voice.

“How is my little princess today?” He asked looking at her. But all she did was stare back with her big round eyes. “Gege did not have a good day, some mean people from Gege’s school said mean words,” He said with a pout, and then a smile as he kissed his sister on her forehead. He placed her onto the bed once again, and then signed. ‘You need a bath!’ The young girl pouted and shook her head violently; she did the sign for ‘no’ and tried to run away. Tao was faster than the three year and was able to catch her before she got off the bed. She let out a fit of laughter; it was rather silent. Tao tickled his little sister. ‘We’ll take one later. Okay?’

 

He read the analog clock that was on the desk, he saw that it was almost seven thirty; He had to start dinner. He was going to run out of the room, but then he remembered that his white shirt was dirty with blood and his eye was purple. He went through his bags, and found a purple sweater. He took off the shirt and zipped up the hoodie. He looked in the little mirror at the desk, and saw the dark purple skin around his eye.

“This is going to be hard to cover up,” He whined. He went through his backpack and found the BB cream that he used to cover up his blemishes. He applied it tenderly until the purple was faint. He gave Minyi, his old Smartphone to play with and then went to go and start dinner.

 

Sehun came back home- at exactly eight. He was greeted by a whiff of a delicious aroma. He smiled knowing that Tao has already started to cook dinner. He walked into the kitchen and saw Tao standing at the counter, holding a spatula in one hand. His eyes closed. Sehun let out a cough and Tao’s eyes fluttered open.

“You seem tired,” Sehun stated as he untie his tie.

“Uh, no I’m fine. Just did some errands for Kris. That’s all,” He explained as he continued cooking.

“You don’t look okay, Tao. You look exhausted.” Sehun walked to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. “ Trust me, I’m a doctor and I could say you look tired.” Tao turned his face away from Sehun; Trying to hide the black eye. He mumbled an incoherent “okay.”  Sehun got closer to Tao and tried to look at him but once again Tao avoided him. Sehun shrugged his shoulders, gathered his things and told Tao that he would be in his room as he walked out.

Tao sighed as he turned his face at the stove once again. He begun to set the table, and placed the food. He then walked up to Sehun’s room knocked three times, and said through the door that dinner was done. He then walked to Kris’s studio. He knocked and then opened the door. But to his surprise that Kris was already at the door, and their bodies collided. Kris stared at Tao with his eyebrows in a knot. Tao stared back with a face that asked “What”. Kris slowly raised a slender hand to Tao’s face. Tao’s eye widened.

“W-what are you doi-ow!” Tao screeched from Kris’s finger pushing down on his bruised eye, “Stop! That hurts!” Tao said as he pushed the latter’s hand away. The tall man grabbed the younger by the wrist and pulled him into the room. Tao was surprised at the mess, pieces of fabrics were at the base of mannequins and thread was everywhere! The tall man dragged Tao to his desk, forcing him to sit down. He then walked away leaving Tao alone at the desk. The young Chinese boy’s attention was caught by the pieces of sketch paper with human figures were drawn in bright beautiful outfits. These must be the new designs! Tao thought to himself as he continued to look through the drawings.

When Kris entered the room again, Tao had quickly thrown the sketch in hand and put his hands in his lap. Kris gave him a suspicious glare, but Tao just smiled back to him. The taller man just shook his head. He placed the first aid kit that he had fetched on the table. Tao looked from the white box back at Kris. Wondering what he was going to do. He then handed Tao a washcloth. Tao raised an eyebrow.

“What? They were already cleaned, don’t worry about it!”Tao said crossing his arms with a huff.

‘You are still bleeding,’ Kris jerked the washcloth towards Tao, showing that he wanted the younger to grab it. But all Tao did was just sit there in a daze. Kris closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He then guided the washcloth to Ta’s face gently cleaning the make up off of Tao’s eye. He then washed off the cuts on Tao’s face.

"Wh-what are you doing?"  Tao stammered trying to push the elder's hand away, but Kris just held his wrist. He got an alcohol wipe and wiped it on the cuts. Tao hissed when the wipe stung the wounds. Kris ticked his tongue and the way the younger acted like a child.

Once done with cleaning the wounds Kris put everything back into the kit and then signed to Tao

‘I don’t care who did this, or why. I just can’t have you looking like that in front of the public’ Tao nodded his head.

“Th-thank you,” He retorted quickly as he walked out of the room.

 

                ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

After serving dinner to Kris and Sehun, Tao had snuck some food in for his siblings. He then waited until late at night to take them a bath. Zongxian was already bathing quickly, and Tao struggled to get Minyi out of her clothes.

“Please just stay still” Tao whined.

“Ge, you need help?” Zongxian, who was washing his hair, asked. Tao nodded. Zongxian came over and kneeled in front of Minyi, he pretended to do that magic trick where he was “pull” apart his thumb. The young girl was captivated by the act.
This let Tao get the chance to take of her top. And then it was time to take off her bottoms.

Eventually the boys got her in, and she enjoyed the bath part, but hated the shower. Zongxian finished before the others and he crept back into their room. Tao pulled Minyi out of the bath.

‘Okay time to get dressed’ He signed. He turned around to grab the girl’s pyjamas; after he got dressed. When he turned around the three year old was missing

“Minyi?” Tao called out softly. He looked around the giant bathroom, and did not find the younger anywhere. He looked to the door and saw that it was open. Oh ! Tao thought as he hurried out of the room to look for his sister. The first place he checked was  their bedroom. Hoping that she had returned there he opened the door.

“Zongxian, where’s Minyi?” Tao asked with a horrified look on his face. Zongxian stopped playing with the strand of yarn he had found.

“What?” The younger said as he sat up straight.

“I-I can’t find here! She was in the bathroom with me, and then I turned around and she was gone. The door was open, so I was hoping she returned here. Is she here?” Tao  explained frantically.

“You what?” Zongxian stood and walked over to his brother. “ Do you see here around here?” Tao looked around.

“Wh-where should I look, what if Kris finds her? Oh my god she is not wearing anything!” Tao yelled as he grabbed his hair with his hands and ran out of the room with Zongxian close behind.        

 

    Kris stared wide eyed at the sight in front of him. An apple was in his hand at his lips. He was just about to take a bite when something had run onto the kitchen. He was shocked to find that it was a little girl, who was completely . Her hair was damp, her eyes were round and wide. Her nose was small, and her lips an adorable shade of pink. Her hand were making movements.

‘Apple, Apple!’ She raised her bare arms up and made wiggling fingers, as if that would magically bring her the apple. Kris, with his eyebrows knitted close together, had grabbed a knife and cut a little slice of the apple, giving it to the small girl. Tao was running into the kitchen and panting.

“Minyi!” He yelled out as he walked to the petite girl and hugged her shoulders. Kris coughed, causing Tao and Zongxian to look at him.

‘Who are these kids?’

 

 

 

 

You guys wanna see what Minyi looks like??

 

Here:  This is Jung Wonhee and she is a child Ulzzang in korea, isn't she adorable? She has been my fav since I first saw her. So that is why Minyi is based off of her! I'll try to find some for Zongxian (if you guys have any ideas just tell me!!)

Okay, anyway, I am sooooooo sorry about not updating for a while! School is so hard, and since I graduating this year it is even more stressful. And being Korean with poor english does not help! I hope you liked this chapter and enjoy for future ones! Don't forget to comment or upvote. I love when you all comment about the story, and I love chatting! Also Please refrain from telling me to hurry and update. It strssed me out T.T lol

As an apology I give you a 3k chapter of ALOS Also a while ago this story was on the most popular page for a while and I just want to say thank you so much! For more updates about ALOS and spazzes about my biases follow these:

Twitter I upload art and talk alot about stuff XD Especially dramas and biases (this is the twitter in which I really only use English!)

Tumblr  This is just plain right out exo and k-pop in general!

Art Tumblr  My art tumblr I upload some art, but on my twitter you will find more W.i.P of art XD