A Change for The Goood?

A Lifetime Of Silence

A lot of dialogue sorry T.T And sorry if it seems rush I really want to get the plot going!. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

 

Ow why does my head hurt? Wait. Tao opened his eyes quickly. This is not my pillow...this is not my bed. This isn’t my room! Tao sat up quickly, but regretted doing so, when his head throbbed in pain, Tao looked around the room again. It was spacious and everything was in warm colors, the bed was gigantic compared to the one Tao and his siblings slept in. He got up slowly from the bed. His eyes wide with fear. He was in an unfamiliar place and he does not know how he ended up here.

“Hello?” He called out into the silence. But no reply was given. A hand slapped down onto Tao’s shoulder, and out of reflex Tao grabbed the hand and flipped the other person onto the ground with a loud thud.  A yell of pain was let loose. Tao looked at the person he had thrown. That person turned out to be a paled looking man with pale blonde hair. He is tall and thin and extremely handsome.

“W-who are you?” He asked.

 

“I’m Sehun,” He mumbled as he groaned in pain again.

“Where am I and how did I get here?” Tao asked quickly as he took a few steps away from Sehun.

“Why not give me your name first?" He mustered to say while still lying on the floor.

"Ughh, Tao," The Chinese boy answered slowly, still not trusting this Sehun guy, “Now please explain what happened."

"Well let's see, Kris brought you here, you passed out,” Sehun explained as he sat up. “He told me to make sure that you are okay.”

“Who is Kri- ... Oh,” Tao started but stop. Kris? The multi-millionaire fashion designer, Kris? Tao thought. He face palmed when he remembered passing out after finding out who the guy he helped was. Tao noticed that Sehun was still on the ground, rubbing his aching bum. He reached out a hand. Sehun looked at, and then grabbed it, “Sorry for throwing you,” Tao said shyly as he helped Sehun up.

“No, its fine it’s my fault for sneaking up on you,” Sehun replied with an awkward laugh. Tao looked around for his phone; he needed to know the time.

“What time is it?” Tao asked frantically.

“It’s nearly eight.”

 

 

“Oh no, no no no no!! I missed my shift, Where’s my phone?” Sehun scratched his head.

“Yeah about that, you got a call, you were able to receive it….so I answered it, and then your phone died from water damage,” Sehun said cautiously. Tao blinked a few times.

“Who was the phone call from?”

“Oh you know, just the place you work at,” The blonde haired said quickly. Tao’s eyes widened and his mouth gaped.  The Chinese boy got closer to the other.

“What did they say?”

“Tao, I’m sorry, but they let you go, the shop was closing down,” Sehun explained. Tao shook his head as he sat on the bed. Why of all times? Why does this have to happen when mom is so sick? Tao laced his head in his heads. He stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

 

 

“I must go,” Tao said to Sehun as he walked out of the house, but he got lost. Luckily Sehun came to his rescue and showed him the way out. They were standing outside when Tao thanked the other.

“No, it was my pleasure, if you wait here I’ll drive you home,” Sehun said with a charming smile. Tao shook his head.

“No, it’s okay I can walk to a bus stop,” Tao declined.

“No I insist, after all it is my brother’s fault that you got hurt. So stay here and I’ll get my car,” Sehun ordered. The tall boy walked away. Brother? Kris and Sehun are brothers? Tao thought to himself, he was certain that Sehun’s name was a Korean one. A red car pulled up pulling Tao out of his thoughts. Sehun got out of the car and opened the passenger door.

“Get in.” Tao reluctantly walked towards the car and sat in the seat. Sehun closed the door and they drove off.

              

 

 

 

                   ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

 

When they came up to Tao’s shabby home there was an ambulance there in front of their complex. oh please, please do not let it be my home! As Sehun parked, a fire truck came up from behind. That is when Tao noticed the smoke coming up from the top of their house. Tao saw his brother holding his baby sister in his arms crying. The Chinese boy ran to his family.

“Zongxian, what happened?” Tao asked. Zongxian turned around looking at his brother with wide shocked eyes.

“Ge,” Zongxian started, but before he could say anything else the poor boy broke out into heavy sobs, digging his face into his little sister’s small shoulder. Sehun came up from behind Tao but didn’t say anything.

“Zongxian, its okay,” Tao embraced his brother and sister for a couple of minutes, “Now Zongxian, tell me what happened.” Tao said as he placed his hands on his brother’s shoulder.

“Ge, mom, I picked up Minyi when I noticed you were late,” The young boy said in between sobs, “I dropped her off at home, mom said to leave Minyi with her so I could go search for you,” The thirteen year old boy let out another wail, “ I came home and the house was on fire and mom was on the floor outside, she wouldn’t get up.” Tao’s arms dropped to his side, he drowned out everything. He just stood there not able to say anything. He felt someone shaking him.

 

 

The tall boy finally came to his senses to Sehun shaking him.

“Tao you need to go to the hospital, they need you there!”

 

 

Next Tao was back in Sehun’s car in the back seat with his sleeping sister in his arms. He felt numb everywhere. He didn't even notice that they arrived at the hospital until his brother opened the door and tugged him out. Once again Tao went into a daze, barely remembering walking into the hospital. The next thing he knew was being told that his mother passed away. She had a heart attack, a bad one. Tao crouched on the floor, as he finally started to cry. Zongxian came to his brother and hugged him tightly, he began to weep too. Sehun stood there holding the sleeping Minyi, the two boys wailing for their deceased mother. The doctor came back to them.

“Excuse me,” He addressed Sehun, “I cannot find any records of any other family members, do you not know any of their family Dr. Oh?

“Ugh, I’m not sure, I’m not close to the Huang family, just…..A friend.” The doctor nodded then walked over to Tao who was now standing, tears still filling his eyes. “Son, do you have any family members that you and your siblings can stay with?” Tao shook his head no, the blonde haired boy wiped his tears with the back of his hand. “Then I’m afraid that I’m going to have to send your younger siblings to child services.”

“No, you can’t please don’t!” Tao begged.

“I have to boy, you’re able to work on your own, but not able to support two children” Tao grabbed the man’s white lab coat.

“I’ll be legal in May that is only a few months from now please!” Tao pleaded as his sight blurred from new tears.

“Son, I can’t do that, you will still need an adult.”

 

 

“I’ll be their guardian for the few months,” Sehun stepped forward, “I’ve done this before, so you know I am eligible.”

“But Dr.Oh! Yo-”

“Please, just list me as their guardian, and put Kris and my mother on their as well,” Sehun ordered, “ They are both used to me taking in kids, and will stand as my witnesses.” Tao gaped at Sehun. Was he just called doctor, and he’s taking in my brother and sister? Sehun smiled at the kids.

 

ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

“You didn’t have to do that,” Tao spoke in the silent car. They were in Sehun’s car on the way to the Korean boy’s home.

“its fine, I know I’m a stranger. But I’ve seen family members torn apart from their family when losing parents, it hurts to watch,” Sehun said sullenly.  He referred to and old memorable event.

“I honestly don’t know what to say,” Tao let out a sigh, “So much has just happened in one day.” Sehun chuckled.

“Is that your way of saying thank you,” Sehun joked, hoping to have the latter cheer up a little. And it did, Tao let out a small grin. Sehun drove the car around the corner, “By the way, I think we might have to hide the kids from Kris, he is not too fond of kids… Or other people staying there without permission,” Sehun explained, “ We have been looking for a housekeeper, for the last month because they couldn’t stand the nagging of Kris,” Sehun explained, “ If you want you can take that as a job, the pay isn’t bad either.” Tao nodded as he rested his head on the cold window, he felt his eyes grow heavy. The car grew heavy with silence, Sehun continued driving. He looked at the sleeping children through the rear-view mirror poor kids.

 

“Wait! I thought Kris can’t talk?” Tao exclaimed suddenly, making Sehun jump. Just minutes ago the younger boy was drifting off to sleep, and the car was completely silent. The sudden outburst had scare Sehun, and woke up the kids in the back.

“He can’t, how did-” Sehun stopped mid-sentence, figuring that Tao knew because of the events from earlier.  Sehun pulled up to the house that he and Kris shared, “I’m pretty sure he is in his office, so I’ll go in first and tell him we found a housekeeper. You can go into the room across from the room that you were sleeping in,” Sehun told Tao, Tao nodded in reply. Tao turned around to face his sister, and translated everything into sign language.

 

“Your sister is deaf?” Sehun questioned.

“No not completely, she can’t hear in one ear, and she needs a hearing aid in the other ear,” Tao said. Sehun got off the car and walked into the giant house. Tao waited for a couple of minutes, then got off the car along with the two kids.

 

 

Sehun walked to his brother’s office, he knocked twice, waited for a bit, then opened the door.

“Hey hyung.” Kris nodded his head  in acknowledgement,  as he wrote something on a piece of paper, “ I finally found someone to be a house-keeper,” Sehun said. Kris looked up from his stack of papers, “Try not to fire this one so soon, okay?” Kris got a piece of paper and wrote.

Can’t promise anything, when is she coming?

“Uggh...They are already here,” Sehun laughed nervously. Kris grabbed another piece of paper.

Is she one of you fangirls? Sehun did an exaggerated gasp.

“I am not you, a playboy,” Sehun exclaimed. Kris Laughed at his little brother.

Well, aren’t you going to introduce me to our new employee?

“Ah! Yes, j-just wait a sec,” Sehun stuttered as he walked out the room. The tall blonde haired walked upstairs to where Tao was. He knocked on the door. A come in was heard from the other side.

 

“Tao, Kris wants to meet you.”

“Oh, o-o kay,” Tao replied nervously. He turned to his brother and told him to keep quiet and to watch his sister. He then walked downstairs with Sehun.

“Do you think Kris will fire me?” Tao asked.

“Not sure, did you get on his bad side?”

“I don’t think so, I just helped him out a little,” Tao went silent for a moment. “Is Kris the kind of guy to flirt with anyone?” Sehun thought for a bit.

“He does, he’s always been someone who can’t stay to one girl. He doesn’t really talk or anything, girls just throw themselves at him,” Sehun explained.

“Ah I see, well he is really handsome,” Tao admitted, Sehun gave him a smile.

“You better not fall in love with him, a lot of the other housekeepers were fired because they fell in love with him,” Sehun warned,” What he hates the most is a relationship with employees."

“Oh I won’t” Tao said with a giant smile. A light blush crept onto Sehun’s cheeks at the other boy’s smile.

“Well, we are here,” Sehun said, the both stopped in front of the brown door. Sehun opened the door for Tao. The Chinese boy walked in. When Tao walked in Kris’s face changed from annoyed to shock, he pointed a finger at the younger.

 

“Hi, it’s me….again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

wordcount: 2079

ignore spelling erros i have not read this over yet and will tomorrow it is 2 am here!

yess finally done with second chapter!!!Uggh I have a headache and feel like going to throw up. But I wanted to finsh this chapter for all my lovely subscribers!! Waah 5 upvotes already thank you all soo much!! over 40 subscribers already?!?!?!? Gaaah you guys are the best. Please all of you comment I love replying and talking to you all, and don't be shy to add me as a friend or follow me on twitter ^--^

 

p.s my internet might go off sometime this week T.T But hopefully by then i can maybe give you all a third chapter!!

okay here is some Tao gis I decided to put in today the day after I posted this chpt.

 (talking about his sign XD He ment roooster)