Payback is a Bit---

A Lifetime Of Silence

Kris stared at the dark eyed boy, his mouth agape at the sight that was in front of him.

You’re the boy from earlier! Kris signed. Tao let out a shy smile, and nodded his head. What are you doing here?

“I’m your new house keeper,” Tao said in his shy voice. Kris just stared at the younger boy with a disbelieving look.

How do I know that you are just not some…?  A weird fan of mine? He crossed his arms once he was done signing.

Tao scoffed at Kris. How could he think that Tao was some sasaeng fan, when he had helped him earlier that day? And the only way that Tao recognized Kris was when he handed him the card, and then looked at the clothes that Kris was wearing were of his own clothing line.

 

“Hyung, please Tao is not like that,” Sehun butted in, “I did a thorough background check, you can trust him!” Kris looked at his younger brother, then grabbed a clean sheet of paper and scribbled something down quickly.  He seems like the type to fall for me, was written down on the sheet that the tall man had held up. Tao rolled his eyes, trying not to let his anger get to his tongue.

“Hyung! That is rude, and besides Tao is a guy,” Sehun scolded. Kris just smirked. He then turned to Tao,

Well, you could. But you wouldn’t be the first guy to fall for me. He signed with a haughty look on his face.

 

I don’t think I could fall for you if I like guys or not, you are too narcissistic for me to like you that way, Tao signed

Angrily. Kris raised an eyebrow, Narcissistic? No, this is confidence. Kris thought to himself as he once again put pen to paper.

He can stay, for now. Tao did an inner cheer; so far this is the best thing that had happened today.

 

 

 

 

    ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

Sehun had showed him around the house, and told him before he went inside the room the stuff that he would need to take care of. Tao was finally able to return to his room. His three year old sister was playing with one of Tao panda key chains on his backpack, and Zongxian was sitting on the floor watching her. Zongxian greeted him with eyes, which were red and puffy from crying, and fatigue.

“Zongxian go to sleep, I’ll watch Minyi,” Tao said gently. Zongxian wobbled to the bed and plopped himself down. Moments later a soft snore was heard and Tao sat at the desk that was placed in the giant room. The desk that matched well with the grey and white of the room, He looked for a sheet of paper and a pen in drawers. He found a memo pad and a pen.

“Okay,” He cheered for himself. He wrote a number one on the sheet and wrote. He remembered the rules and the tasks he was to do that Sehun had explained when he was showing him around.

“Number one, you must wake up before Kris, he wakes up at seven thirty to eight. Number two breakfasts must be done by eight. Number three clean after breakfast, and then go and make his bed. Kris leaves to the studio at about nine and I’ll leave after breakfast if you wanted to know,” Sehun had said with a smirk to Tao. Tao gave him his usual gaze, “Whoa what’s that glare for?

“What? I’m not glaring at you… I just look scary,” Tao had said as he put his hands up to resemble claws, making Sehun laugh a little.

“Well, it still makes you look good.” There was a moment of silence. “Ah, I didn’t mean it like that! I just meant… you know.”

“Uh yea, no I totally understand,” Tao had said flustered. Sehun had coughed.

“Well umm. Oh!  Just so you know you will probably be Kris’s personal assistant when he is at home, running errands for fabrics, and other stuff.”

“I can see why the others quite this job.”

“Also Kris is a real picky eater; he will not eat anything with grease."

 

It was a lot for Tao to take in for his new job, but he was able to remember everything to make a list. He placed the pen down, and leaned back in the chair.  He lost his job today. He lost his mother today. Tao didn’t even have time to really mourn his mother’s death, they didn’t even have a funeral, but what was the point of such event when they had no family or friends. Tao closed his eyes and sighed, the realization that he can never see his mother again, finally hits him, Hard. He ends up sobbing, placing his face down onto his arms to hide his wails. He feels a tug at his shirt. He rubs his eyes quickly of the tears; he looked down at his little sister. She had her arms raised, meaning that she wanted to be picked up. Tao smiled at the younger girl and picked her up. He carried the three year old girl to the bed. He turned off the lights, and then he drifted off to sleep.

 

He woke up the next morning. He was used to waking up at five in the morning. He had slept in his school uniform undershirt and pants. His blazer was tucked into backpack since yesterday after school. I can’t wear my blazer. I'll just use the dress shirt, and school pants. Tao thought to himself as he put on his dress shirt that was part of his previous work uniform. It wasn’t long before a knock was heard on the bedroom door. Tao froze, hoping that it wasn’t Kris. The boy walked to the door slowly, his heart being faster each step he took.. He cracked open the door a little, revealing the pale blonde hair of Sehun.  Tao opened the door all the ways, and greeted Sehun with a tired hello. Sehun gave a bright smile back.

“Good morning Tao!” Sehun walked, he kept his voice hushed, to keep from the two kids from waking up, “Do you think that they will be okay, left in here for so long?” Sehun asked in a concerned tone. Tao looked back at his brother and sister. He wanted to cry again, these kids did not deserve to be kept in a room for so long. It just is not fair!

“When Kris leaves for work you can bring them out. I’ll show you how to turn on the TV if you like,” He said pointing a thumb to the downstairs, “We can have a cup of coffee as well,” Sehun chirped as he smiled again. Tao nodded his head.

“A cup of coffee would be good," Tao said as he tried to stifle a yawn. Sehun held the door open for Tao to walk out, and then lead the rest of the way. When he reached the kitchen, Sehun pulled out one of the chairs at the table. "Sit, you look tired," Sehun said.

"I always look tired and angry,” Tao retorted, as he took the seat. Sehun walked over to a cabinet and grabbed two mugs.

“I don’t think you do,” Sehun replied casually, “ I mean, you have never looked angry to me.”

“Ha, I don’t think you have known me long enough to see my angry face,” Tao said, a chuckle coming from his mouth. Sehun poured hot coffee into both of the cups, then placed them on the table, along with a little jar or sugar and crème.

“Oh, sounds scary.” The taller boy sat down across from Tao. Tao reached and grabbed the sugar putting in six spoonfuls. Sehun just stared as the younger place the large amount of sugar into, “Do you like sweet things?”

“Yeah I have a nasty sweet tooth.  How did you know,” Tao asked as he took a sip of coffee. Sehun pointed to Tao’s cup of coffee.

“You put like a ton of sugar in your coffee, and no crème,” Sehun pointed it. Tao just smiled softly, hiding his mouth with his cup.

“Oh yeah I did, didn’t I?” They both laughed. The two chatted and laughed for the next hour, they were interrupted when Kris came out. His eyes still half closed. Tao and Sehun’s eyes followed his as he made himself a cup of coffee. Tao turned to Sehun, “Aren’t I supposed to make him coffee?” He whispered.

“Yeah, but he has this thing where he sleepwalks,” Sehun explained, “He won’t drink it. He does this a lot when he is stressed. He has this upcoming fashion show; I guess it is a big deal for him. He has to make I think over thirty different designs,” Sehun told Tao. The Chinese just nodded his head as he looked back at Kris, who was now walking out of the kitchen. Tao looked to his wrist watch and saw that it was almost seven.

“Oh my gosh!! What should I make or breakfast?” Tao asked flustered, his hands grabbing at his hair. Sehun grinned.

“He’s really fond of oatmeal with raisins and fruit with toast, but he only drinks freshly squeezed orange juice,” Sehun told Tao, “ He drinks orange juice every day.”

“Oh really, well then I could do that,” Tao stated. He set his mind to making this dish for his new boss. Sehun was about to step out of the kitchen, but popped his head back in.

“ Bye I’m going to go to work a little earlier today,” Sehun called out. Tao waved to the other. Just when Tao got up, Sehun once again popped his head scaring Tao, “The juicer is broken!” Tao stared at the other.

“ I-I have to squeeze… The oranges, with my own hands?” Tao murmured to himself.

 

ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

After what felt like squeezing a thousand oranges, Tao was finally done with the orange juice. Tao was going to wipe his dirt hands on his pants but was stopped by something pink. The pink thing moved. Tao jumped back as he saw that is was Kris who was handing him a pink apron. Tao just stared, not sure what to do. Kris once again jerked the apron to Tao. The young boy finally reached out and grabbed it.

“Thank you,” He said. Kris just nodded his head. ‘Did you squeeze all these oranges?’ Kris asked. Tao nodded his head. ‘Why didn’t you use the juicer?”

“Sehun said it was broken.”

‘It’s not broken we just used it yesterday. Actually it was Sehun who made the juice.’

“So you’re saying, that Sehun lied to me,” Tao asked as he put on the apron. His eyebrows were furrowed in thought.

‘He used to do those kinds of things all the time when we were younger.’ Kris signed. The tall man sat at the table. Tao put the oatmeal and the freshly cut fruits in front of Kris. As Kris was eating Tao washed the dishes that he used to make the food, and the coffee mugs. An expression of anger was stuck on Tao’s face. I am so going to get revenge on you Sehun! Tao said as he squeezed the dish sponge tightly.

 

After doing the dishes Tao walked to Kris’s room and began to tidy up the bed. As he was doing this he was contemplating on how to get his payback on Sehun. He was thinking so hard that he did not even notice that Kris had entered the room, until he saw Kris open up the door that lead to his study that was conjoined to his bedroom. A “Waah!” escaped Tao’s lips before he could stop himself. It was his first time seeing “Mystyle” clothes in person. Kris scowled at the younger Chinese boy. Tao quickly went back to tucking the sheets on the bed. Oh how Tao wanted to just roll around in those clothes. It was his wish to own one of his clothes. Kris was one of the most famous fashion designers, he was constantly requested to go to fashion shows. “Mystyle” was worn by famous people around the world. The clothing ranged from suits to casual wear, and was expensive as hell!

Once Tao was done with the bed he was ushered out by Kris. He probably is going to change. Tao walked back downstairs, and saw that Kris left is his mess at the dining table. With a big sigh he walked over to the mess and began to pick up. He threw the dishes and the sink. Then walked to the refrigerator to put the milk away, just then something caught his eye. It was a shelf full of sodas, sodas that can be quite explosive. A mischievous smirk crept onto Tao’s face.  He put the milk back, then turned around. Kris was tying his tie onto his neck, he then signed to Tao.

‘Sehun and I shall be home at about eight. I want my laundry done, and dinner done by the time we get home.’ He ordered. Tao nodded his head with a smile. So that little turd is going to be home at eight.

 

As the day progressed Tao did the chores he was supposed to do. He brought Minyi and Zongxian out, putting “Pororo” on the TV for his sister to watch.

“Hey Ge, how do you like working here?” Zongxian asked Tao as the elder was folding Kris’s clothes.

“Hm, I like it. Sehun is nice and actually interacts with me. But I think the thing I dislike the most, is Kris and everything having to be done on time,” Tao said, he folded neatly one of Kris’s shirt that he designed. He touched the dragon logo on the inside of the shirt, “Maybe if I do a good job he can pay in clothes!” Tao squealed as he hugged the shirt.

“Ge then what about us?”

“Of course you two come first.”

“Ge… What are we going to do?” Zongxian suddenly asked. Tao just looked down at the unfolded clothes. He didn’t know what to do with their lives, or how Tao was supposed to send his siblings to school. These are thoughts that no eighteen year old boy should have.

“I don’t know,” Was all he said before he walked away to put the clothes away.

 

ಥ_ಥ       ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ        ಥ_ಥ

 

It was nearing eight when Sehun and Kris’s cars had pulled up almost at the same time. Tao ran from the window, where he was waiting for Sehun to arrive. He ran the fridge, and grabbed the first four cans that could be soon. He shook each one violently for almost a minute. Once he heard the door click he ran up to the two blonde boys and greeted them as though nothing happened. Sehun acknowledged him, while Kris went straight to the kitchen, ignoring Tao.

“So, you must be thirsty from a long day’s hard work, right?” Tao asked cutely. Sehun looked at the other, as though he was strange. He nodded his head no. That is when they heard a loud noise from the kitchen, both of then walked over to see what happened.

“Hyung, whats wr-” Kris turned around, his face soaking wet from soda, his face turning red from anger. That is when Tao let out a loud yelp.

“Ah, Kris Gege I am so sorry, I thought those were Sehun’s sodas,” Tao exclaimed as he grabbed a rag and began to wipe Kris’s face off. A loud fit of laughter was heard from Sehun on the background. Tao glared at him and mouthed, ‘this is your entire fault.’

Kris stared at Tao as he was wiping his face. His eyes unmoving from the younger’s tired eyes.  His eyes are attractive, and he- No Kris! No! He is the reason as to why there is soda all over you face. He gently pushed Tao out of the way, and stormed off to his room.

“Gege, I’m sorry.”

A/N

THIS FIC HAS NOT BEEN READ OVER ALL THE WAYS BY MY BETA XD

I think this chapter feels a lot shorter...what do you all think?

yes another chapter is out, it is almost 12 am and I have school tomorrow!! This chapter feels so...bad. I promise I will start to plan out my fanfic better so that the writing is better. The next chapter won't be translated from Korean. I will never write a fanfic in Korean when it is supposed to be in English...worst.idea,ever!

Don't foget to comemnt or upvote. Tell me what you think si gonna happen, tell me what you think of the graphic I me for this story!! Hwo do you all like it so far? Also tell me of any mistakes you see, or teach me grammar. I am really really bad at grammar

I want to thank Farah, and Huangtaozis for helping me with this fic, they both give me amazing ideas and Farah is my beta, so a big thanks to them!

school is starting tomorrow, so my updates might be a little slower T.T (but I am actually getting a little faster at writng)

btw almost to 70 subscribers, and ALOS was on the popular tag a couple days in a row soo happy thank you all so much!