Chapter 6: leisure

precious

Hello! sorry for the late update... college has been really rough and I absolutely hate that place, but I was trying to finish this chapter, I swear. It's not so good, so I'll understand if you don't like it too much. but here goes..


Chapter 6

 

Baekhyun didn’t mention the incident to anyone. He couldn’t. not because he thought that no one would believe him if he told them that the alpha of their pack had shoved him up against a wall and glared at him with a passion, and had then disappeared, but because he couldn’t bring himself to admit to himself, that all that had indeed happened.

 

He had staggered back to his bed after the encounter and had tried his best to fall asleep. But the strong scent of the alpha, still clinging onto him didn’t allow that. The dark brown eyes and the face of the man kept appearing in his mind, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t bring himself to think of anything else. And finally, in the wee hours of the morning, when he had finally fallen into slumber, all he could dream of, was the way the alpha had held him and how his eyes had changed their colour to a dark red for a few seconds…

 

It was rather early when he did wake up. He had only managed to get a few hours of sleep before his body had decided that it was enough. The curtains on the windows had been pulled over them in order to block the bright sunlight and the room was semi dark. Moving the blankets aside, he got out of the bed and slowly cleaned up in the bathroom attached to his room. His brain was still fuzzy and he wasn’t capable of comprehending much, so he took his sweet time in trying to brush his teeth and taking a shower. The shower had been hard to take though. Although his arm had healed a great deal, it still hurt to move it around too much, and the healing wound on his left leg further slowed the process of moving around.

 

After finishing up, the pup dragged himself to the living room, where he was sure to find the others. He could hear the voices of all the wolves as the chatted away happily as they munched on their breakfast. His brain was still mushy and in it’s sleep induced haze. So much so that, he failed to notice that something was strange. As he neared the room, his ears failed to pick up the various voices joking with each other. His nose failed to pick up the different scent that was present in the room. The scent he had sniffed out yesterday. The same scent that he had been enveloped in the previous night. But probably his fuzzy brain had convinced him that it was his imagination. The pup’s eyes were almost closed and as he finally entered the space where everyone was gathered and having breakfast, he failed to notice that the number of wolves was more than what it usually was.

 

It took some time for him to finally realize what was going on, and as if somebody has suddenly pinched him really hard, his eyes shot open.

 

Sitting on one of the couches, with a bowl of cereal in his large hands, wearing a loose t shirt and some casual pants, and looking intently at him, was the man who had starred in is dreams in the past few hours. The haze cleared up and the small brunette stared at the man in shock, his mouth hanging open. He didn’t know how to act. The brown eyes kept staring at him and all he could do was to blink back stupidly.

 

In his mind, the stare-off probably lasted for an entire lifetime, before junmyeon rushed up to him. Holding his hand, the elder wolf gently lead him to where everyone was seated. Junmyeon cleared his throat to catch the pack’s attention and brought baekhyun to stand by his side. It was going to be introduction time.

 

“ chanyeol, this is baekhyun. The omega pup we told you about. It’s a good thing that you’re home for a change because you can get to know him now.” the black haired omega chirped happily as yixing came and wrapped an arm around his waist and nuzzled his neck. Such public display of affection was something that baekhyun had gotten used to during his stay with the pack. And even though it was considered as a taboo act in his previous pack, baekhyun thought that it was very cute.

 

The pup looked at his feet and a deep shade of red dusted his cheeks. The introduction had been so abrupt that he found himself unable to say anything. The previous nights’ events played before his mind and he couldn’t understand just what was happening. But even after a few minutes, when the alpha refused to say anything, he timidly raised his head a little and looked at the tall male through the hair falling over his eyes.

 

The alpha’s eyes raked over his body and baekhyun swore that he saw his nose flare a little. His expression was passive. He was definitely not aggressive like he had been earlier, but he wasn’t pleased either. His stoic face gave none of his emotions away, and the pup began to fidget due to the uncomfortable atmosphere. It was almost as if yesterday had been a figment of his imagination.

 

A few more minutes passed before the alpha male got up from his seat. He seemed to be even more tall in broad daylight and his body easily towered over baekhyun’s, making the smaller feel like a child next to him. But what surprised him was his voice. It was deep and sounded to melted honey to the pup’s ears.

The head of the pack stood directly is front of him and spoke in that deep voice. “ So you’re the pup that these guys won’t stop talking about. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

 

Baekhyun could bet that nothing about meeting him had been nice for the latter. Like his expressions, his voice was emotionless too, and it seemed like he was just saying the words for the sake of it. But having no choice other than opening his mouth and saying something, baekhyun whispered a “nice to meet you too” and resumed staring at his feet.

 

The breif exchange seemed to have lightened the atmosphere and the other suddenly began to talk all at once. the alpha’s acknowledgment of the omega pup had erased all doubts from the minds of everyone, and baekhyun could probably stay with them for as long as he didn’t cause any trouble.

 

Minseok pulled the pup to the couch and handed him a bowl of the cereal as well, encouraging him to eat as much as he could. The others started talking to him about random things, and his attention was diverted towards them. But from the corner of his eyes, he saw the alpha saunter out of the room. And he felt strange. Despite getting all the attention from the rest of the pack, he couldn’t shrug off the feeling of being ignored.

 

 

 

The rest of the day went by rather peacefully. Baekhyun went back to his room and read up a bit. Yi Fan came by and tried to make small talk with him, and although he was still intimidating to baekhyun, the pup had started to warm up towards him. One thing that he got to know about the beta wolf was that he made terrible jokes. The fact that he seriously thought that thy were funny, made baekhyun crack up. All in all, Yifan was just as nice to him as the others were. But despite that, there was a nagging feeling at the back of baekhyun’s head. He felt strangely uncomfortable in the house, as if everything had become too stuffy since the morning. He shrugged it off an coninued with his daily activities.

 

Around evening, the pack members decided to assemble in the living room and watch a movie. The pup was made to sit on the three seater couch, with yifan on his right side and no one to his left. The couples all occupied love seats or spread themselves on the floor. Baekhyun looked around and noticed that the alpha was yet again missing, and before he could dwell too much on the thought, the lights were shut off and the movie was started.

 

It was some romantic comedy, and baekhyun didn’t know if he liked it. Though he was pretty excited to watch a movie. His previous tribe had had no relations to technological equipments. There had been bulbs and stoves that were rarely used, but no tv, and no one had ever ventured outside the forests to go to the city. And although baekhyun had adjusted to most of the gadgets and had played a few games on the huge tv, this was the first movie he was seeing.

 

After about half an hour had passed, the pup felt as though someone was glaring at him. He turned to look at the hallway, but found no one out there. Chalking it out to his brain overworking again, he proceeded to concentrate on the movie.

 

After a while, he felt a movement by his side. Yi fan had stretched out his hands and one of them was resting on the headrest of the couch right behind him. The smaller boy squinted at the man next to him and then turned back towards the screen. He didn’t think that there was anything out of the ordinary in the man’s behaviour.

 

However, after a few minutes, he felt a strong presence next to him. he stopped breathing for a moment, as the strong scent hit his nostrils. Whipping his head to the other side, he saw that the alpha of the pack was sitting right beside him. Baekhyun was now in the middle, with the beta on his right and the alpha on his left. Somehow, the room felt a little stuffy, with two dominants sitting so close to him.

 

The movie dragged on for another two hours and the time seemed to have passed incredibly slowly. The pup had been sitting straight for the entire duration and his senses had been on full alert for some reason. Maybe he had been anticipating another attack from the alpha, but everything went smoothly to his relief.

 

Almost as soon as the lights were , he felt chanyeol get up from his seat on the couch, as though sitting next to the pup had been torturous for him. The omega frowned at the rudeness and pouted a little. He didn’t understand the alpha’s behaviour towards him. The others got up and shuffled around the house for a while, discussing the storyline and the characters. And soon after, the pack had dinner and retired to their rooms.

 

 It was eerily quiet when the pup lay on his bed, thinking about the strange feeling at the pit of his stomach, when the alpha’s arm had brushed against his. It had felt weird, but in a nice way, and baekhyun didn’t know if he liked the alpha’s presence or not. To him, the man was a mystery.

 


really short chapter, and I'm very sorry for this! the next chapter will be longer and better. 

Do comment and subscribe :) ( though I doubt anyone would after reading this. haha )