Chapter 3

precious

Hah! It's been sooooooooooooo long. I'd actually given up on this story or on writing fanfictions at all. But a recent turn of events brought me back to this. A lot of the subscribers would have probably lost interest in the story, but I hope that there still will be some people who might want to read this.I apologize for the long hiatus and will try to complete this story at least this time around. Thank you all for your comments and for subscribing! I'm sorry if this chapter is a little boring!



 

The small pup slept for most part of the next day. The first time Lay and Suho went up to his room to check up on him, they both couldn't help the gasp that left them. The pup was no longer in his furry, 4 legged condition, but had transformed into his human form over night. And god, was he a sight to behold. The boy that occupied the bed was breathtaking, even with the multiple wounds that littered the skin of his neck, arms and other body parts. He had soft brown hair that looked like it could use some washing, but still managed to shine, and had long eyelashes. His lips were plump and a beautiful shade of red, while his face was small, with a button nose and with otherwise flawless skin. He had extremely pretty hands and was small even in his human form. Just one look at him and both of them wanted to protect him from harm. They didn't even know the boy, but they couldn't help it and ended up bringing the other two omegas into the room as well. Now, Luhan, Xiumin and suho took turns to look after him the enitre day, but the fact that the little wolf kept sleeping, made it hard for anyone to feed him anything so he could regain his strength. 

It surprised everyone that Chanyeol had not uttered another word about the wolf after the previous night. The alpha had run off into the forest and had returned sometime after all his pack members had fallen asleep. The next day, Chanyeol went about his daily business and behaved as though the new omega did not exist at all. And although his pack knew that he was soft at heart and would allow the omega to stay with them, at least for a while, they were still relieved that chanyeol had not kicked the pup out, so no one attempted to bring the subject of the new guest up.

In all the commotion, everyone had forgotten for a moment that Kris had not returned. And it was after the alpha had given his assent to the pup's stay at their house, that Xiumin had informed the others that the Beta had to stay back for a few more days and would return soon.

It was around evening when Luhan and Suho had decided that their guest had slept for quite a while without food in his stomach and had proceeded to get him something to eat, before entering the room where the pup was staying. They got him some soup and ramyun so it would be easy to eat. But as soon as they entered the room, Luhan wanted to coo so badly that he had to cover his mouth with his hands. The tiny boy had covered his head with the blanket with only his face jutting out. He resembled a burrito and looked extremely adorable. 

Neither had the heart to wake up the boy, but food was important for the weak little pup and something had to be done. So suho proceeded to gently nudge the sleeping boy awake. the tiny thing whined a little, but immediately opened his eyes, fear written all over his pretty features. He tried to scoot away from the other two wolves, but the pain from the wounds didn't allow him much movement. 

" We won't bite you little one. Don't be scared of us" Suho tried to reassure the pup,while him and luhan smiled warmly at him. The tiny wolf furrowed his eyebrows a little and tried to relax at the soft voice. The strangers had been nothing but good to him till then, and had not given him any reason to doubt their intentions.

Seeing the pup relax, the two walked over to his bed and sat down at one end. The boy would have to be more than 18 years old, but could not have been more than 23 or 24, and was pretty skinny for that age. They wanted to know more about him, but it seemed like the boy was way to scared of them, to even talk to them.

The pup sat there, on one corner of the bed, looking at the two omegas in fear. Sensing his discomfort, luhan decided that it was time that they introduced themselves.

" Little one, my name is Luhan,and this is Suho", Luhan began, pointing towards Suho." The two of us are the omegas.You've already met chen and sehun yesterday. There are a few other member, and when the time is right, you shall meet them as well. And like Suho said, we're not going to harm you, so you need not be scared of us. We want to help you, pup. So try and trust us a little." 

The small boy heard everything that Luhan said, but didn't reply. However, his stance became a little less defensive and he looked down at his lap, his hair falling over his eyes. 

The other two were at a loss of what to do. The boy didn't give them his name and refused to talk to them. Did he not know that he was lucky enough to have been brought to their house to be healed?  Huffing a little, Suho continued to stare at the boy for a while, before deciding that maybe the boy had gone through some sort of trauma that had made him so distrustful against others, or maybe he was just mue. It was better to proceed with what they had come to the room for.

Getting the bowl of soup from the tray, Suho asked the little wolf to have some of the soup. The pup looked up at him and then at the bowl, and his lips  slightly. Of course he's hungry, thought suho. The pup tried to move himself and grab the bowl, but the movement caused a sudden pain to shoot up on the right side of his stomach, eliciting a howl from the little creature. 

Luhan winced at the sound and felt pity for the little one. Why did the boy have so many injuries? Why was he so scared? and Why had he run into their territory? multiple questions ran through his head, But he knew that they were questions for another time. Right now, the pup needed to get well. He exchanged a look with suho and nodded a little, agreeing with him on something. 

Suho took the bowl of soup and went and sat next to the pup. If the boy couldn't eat by himself, then someone obviously had to feed him. Raising a  spoon full of warm soup to the boy's lips, Suho waited for him to drink it. The pup however, looked at Suho in shock, as though such a simple gesture of kindness was something that he had never witnessed before. But after a few seconds, he hesitantly moved a little and slurped up the soup. Suho continued to genty continue his ministrations and in a matter of a few minutes, the bowl was empty. 

The boy smacked his lips and stared at the bowl of ramyun in anticipation, but did not ask for it. Luhan noticed that and chuckled softly. the boy was too shy for his own good. he passed the bowl over to suho, who continued to feed the hungry pup. 

After both the bowls were empty, Luhan and Suho got up in order to leave the room. There was not much point in ligering around, as the boy was not going to talk and besides, he needed to rest.

It was when Luhan and Suho had reached the door and Luhan was about to twist the doorknob to open the door and move out of the room, that a soft voice stopped them in their tracks.

" B-Baekhyun..."

Both omegas turned around in surprise, wide eyes first staring at the boy on the bed, then at each other and then back at the boy, as if to confirm that they had indeed heard something.

" M-my name is Baekhyun" chimed the soft voice, that belonged to the small pup as he sat there nervously fiddling with his fingers, refusing to meet their eyes.

The other two stared for a while, before a smile broke out on their faces. The pup could definitely talk, but not wanting to make him any more uncomfortable, they decided to not question him about anything else for the time being.

" Good night beakhyun" the two wished him, and smiled warmly at him, before leaving the room quietly. At least the pup had given them a name, and they could probably expect him to open up to them, and eventually the rest of the pack over some time. That is, if he was indeed harmless and chose to stay with them. But for now, this much was enough.


This chapter was a little dull. Plus, there was no Chanyeol. I'll try to make the next chapter better than this. My writing is really rusty.

But thanks a lot for reading :)

Do comment and let me know if there is anything that you would want in particular.

Byeeee