chapter 4

precious

New chapter! hehe. enjoy :) 

 


 

Over the next few days, Luhan, Junmyeon and Minseok began to frequently visit Baekhyun. Yixing would often change his dressings once a day and give him a few medicines while Sehun, and Jongdae also tried to get to know the omega they had saved. The pup still did not talk a lot, but he was much less fidgety and did not flinch anymore whenever anyone would touch him. The quiet boy had not yet given them any details about himself, except for his name, his age, which was 18 years old, making him the youngest of them all, and that, he came from somewhere far up north and had been trying to find a place to live since then. Although his age didn’t seem to surprise anyone too much, but the fact that he had not yet grown into a full fledged wolf, had astonished them, since most wolves entered adulthood by the age of 18 and after that, their aging would begin to slow down, making them survive for an extremely long time. The others sensed that there was more to his story, but not wanting him to feel pressurized with a hoard of questions to answer, they let it go. There was a certain sense of sincerity and honesty is his eyes, that told them that he couldn’t possibly be dangerous.

 

So now, everyone was visiting Baekhyun and inquiring after his health. All, except Chanyeol. The alpha had not once entered the room in which Baekhyun was staying. He had asked Yixing abut how he was doing one day, and after he received a satisfactory reply, he hadn’t bothered talking about the boy again. His pack mates also started to notice that he had begun to spend more of his time outside the house. Even though everyone had decided to lay off of work for a while, Chanyeol was still going to the office everyday, staying there until late night. His behaviour had been strange. Their alpha was generally a very kind person, who could be a big softy when it came to certain things. He was anything but cold and distant, and although recently he had been a little short tempered, they rarely got to see such a side of him. But what could anyone say if he wanted to work. Besides, bringing up anything related to Baekhyun might probably prompt the alpha to kick the little boy out. It was hard to understand his aversion to the boy. Admittedly, he was a stranger and could be a potential threat, and as an alpha it was chanyeol’s job to protect them because they were his family, and his pack knew that he loved his family. But even so, what harm was there in paying the boy a visit? After all, wasn’t he the one who gave him permission to stay?

 

On the other hand, the others were starting to get fond of the pup. His small smile made everyone want to squish the boy, and they all wanted to hear more of the beautiful voice. Baekhyun had grown attached to the three omegas and one of the three would be there around him almost all the time. Junmyeon had given him a sponge bath a few days after his arrival and had washed his hair. It now looked even softer than before and Luhan couldn’t stop petting it whenever he was with Baekhyun. The boy clearly enjoyed the gentle on his head and would lean in towards his hands, closing his eyes in pure contentment, always making Luhan chuckle at the adorable behaviour. Having baekhyun in the house had provided a burst of freshness to everyone’s life. Now there was something different to do and someone new to take care of, and they were enjoying having him around.

 

 

It was roughly 5 days later, that Yifan returned. The others gathered around in the drawing room, to greet their fellow packmate. Chanyeol had informed them that Yifan would be returning later that day, and had left for the city along with Junmyeon, briefly mentioning something about having an important meeting that day.

 

As Yifan neared the huge house, he could smell someone new. Someone whom he had never met before. His initial response was to barge in and attack the intruder, but he knew that his family would not allow just anybody to enter the house. So he carried on with his sprint, pushing the smell and the thought of its owner, to the back of his mind.

 

The second he entered the house, he was attacked by luhan in a tight hug, followed by sehun and then the rest. He was happy to back home, with his brothers.  They all sat and spoke for a while, with Jongdae getting some food for Yifan and the rest asking him about the outcome of the pact. The pack spent some time updating him about the incidents that had happened in the past few days and the arrival of the guest at their house. The different scent then made sense to Yifan. They told him that the pup was in his room and if he wished then he could meet him later. Nodding at the suggestion, Yifan announced that he was going to go and take a shower, and got up to go to his room.

 

It turned out, that the boy was staying at the spare room on the ground floor, in the same hallway, at the end of which was Yifan’s room. As he walked towards his own room, the scent became stronger and his curiosity grew as to who their guest was. Since the spare room was on the way to his destination, the beta stopped at the door for a second. The door was slightly ajar and he couldn’t help but to peek into the room, trying to get a glimpse of its occupant.

 

And the moment he laid eyes on the small boy with beautiful brown hair, yifan knew that he was in trouble. He was sitting by the window, the sunlight gently falling over him, illuminating his face as if he was an angel. His right arm and neck were heavily bandaged and there were a few cuts on his skin, that seemed to be healing, thanks to Yixing. He was wearing a white cotton shirt and the lower half of his body was covered with a blanket. But what Yifan couldn’t take his eyes off from, was the boys’ face, as he looked out of the window forlornly. The beta never knew that he could feel the need to hug or comfort someone as much as he did at that moment, leave alone an absolute stranger.

 

Either the omega did not notice him or was deliberately ignoring him. Either way, yifan knew that he had to go. Taking his eyes off the boy, the beta continued on his way. He was going to have to deal with him a little later.

 


 

 

“ Pack up your belongings and leave” was all, the tall man muttered in irritation at one of the employees at his company, before he strode angrily into his office, ordering his secretary to not let anyone inside.

 

He sat on his chair and swiveled it so he would be facing the huge, floor to ceiling windows that overlooked a major part of the city. He could even see the Han river from his seat, and the many lights that made the city look so pretty, that most people could spend hours looking at the scene and taking in the beauty. And in all honesty, Chanyeol wanted to do just that. His temper had been foul for most of the day and he had just fired an extremely lazy and incompetent employee, and even though the day was about to end, he could not stop the irritation from creeping into his head. The office would be fairly empty in a while and after that, he would have to return home. Hence, he had only a small window of time where he could relax and cool his mind off.

 

But no matter what he did, or where he looked, his mind kept going back to the same thing. All he had wanted was some peace, and ever since that day, that was the last thing that came to him. No matter what he did, whether it was going over documents, holding meetings, making deals with other companies, eating, hell! Even watching a movie, his mind kept wandering towards thoughts of only one person. The little omega pup.

 

It had been days since that encounter, but the alpha could vividly remember every little detail of that night. The way he had smelled the stranger far away from his home, and had rushed to find out who it was that was intruding upon their territory. The way his mind had turned into a slightly frenzied state as he had entered the house and found out from the others that they had saved a pup and brought him there. The way he had barged into the room to find out for himself who this wolf was and suddenly, the room had smelled so sweet, the air thick with a scent that made his knees go weak. The way his feet had dragged him towards the bed. The way the small figure lay on the bed as Chanyeol had stepped up close enough to get a good look at it. And the way his breath had stopped, when he had lifted the covers from the top of the lump on the bed, and his gaze had landed on the most breathtaking creature he had ever seen. He had found it so hard to breathe, as his eyes went over the delicate features of the small boy that lay on the bed, unconscious and unaware of the alpha’s presence. The moon light fell on his face, making his pale face glow in the darkness. And all the alpha  could think of, was how beautiful the boy looked.

Chanyeol had never felt anything remotely similar and truly, it had frightened him to his core. He could not trust himself around the small wolf. He couldn’t understand his feelings but he knew then and there, that some part of his wolf wanted the little omega. Just how big that part, he had yet to fully realize. And so, accumulating all his will power, he had forced himself to get out of the room, and had then run off into the woods to take out some frustration.

 

Since that day, the tall male had been trying to stay as far away from the house, as he could. Being near the omega, whose name was Baekhyun, as everyone called him, did things to his mind, that he could not explain. But his attempts at getting the boy out his head had been futile, as thoughts of him plagued Chanyeol everywhere. He knew that this could not go on forever, and that eventually he would have to interact with the omega. But till that time came, he was going to do whatever he could, to avoid the other wolf…

 



so.. i tried to provide an insight about why Chanyeol was behaving the way he was. And, Kris is back! 

I'll try to update soon and I hope this chapter was better than the last one.

Thanks a lot for subscribing and commenting and i would like to say that it meant a lot to me, because i hadn't posted anything for a very very long time and I thought that not many people would like the story now. 

If you have any questions or suggestions for the story, then please let me know.

for now, bah-byeee