chapter 1

precious

CHAPTER 1

 

“They’re at it again, aren’t they?” A boy with golden blonde hair and doe eyes asked junmyeon as he approached the short boy sitting on the verandah railing.

“hmm.. again.. fifth time this week. They need to stop this luhan!”

“They do ... but you can’t blame them. All the pressure and frustration is catching up to them. They will stop eventually though.”

‘’ I hope they do lu, I hope they do...” junmyeon sighed and the boys turned their attention towards two figures in the distance. The figures appeared to be wrestling and well, not in a very friendly manner. But none of the other pack members tried to stop them. They couldn’t.

  The two wolves trying to nip and scratch at each other were the pack’s beta and alpha. The wrestling had been going on for quite some time and neither of them was willing to give up. There was unspoken anger and frustration in the air as the wolves panted and jumped at each other again.

The other members of the pack would have tried to interfere and pull them apart but they knew better.

Chanyeol and Yifan had nothing against each other. In fact the two were really good friends and would always be. They had faced a lot of difficulties together, Had supported each other through thick and thin. But maybe fate was trying to play a cruel joke on the two. Bringing them together in yet another misery. The misery of not being able to find a mate.

 

  The wolf world worked in its own strange ways. It was believed that each wolf was linked to another one. One that would be fated to be their mate. It wasn’t that a wolf could not mate with any other wolf that wasn’t their fated or chosen partner, as people liked to say. But in such a case, the two wolves would never be able to find true love or for that matter even, true happiness.

 

   While almost all the other members had found their chosen mates, three of the pack members still remained. They were the alpha chanyeol, beta Yifan and kyungsoo.

While chanyeol and Yifan took out their frustration by occasionally fighting with each other, it wasn’t as though they hadn’t tried. They had met many wolves and recently had even travelled to faraway lands. But no one they saw seemed to be the right one. And now, their patience was starting to wear off.

however, unknown to the rest kyungsoo silently bore with it. secretly pining away for one of them to notice him as more than just a pack member or good friend. But he didn't have the guts to take the first step just yet. So he kept silent and watched from afar, hoping that he would soon catch the alpha's eye.

 


Having innumerable years to live without ageing much noticeably the werewolves didn’t really work all that much . Decades of work done by their parents and other  ancestors had provided them with an abundance of wealth, enough to enable them to live a lavish life for another century.

Chanyeol, Yifan, jongdae and junmyeon would occationally help in the running of the family business. Yixing had studied medicine and liked to volunteer at a nearby hospital. While Luhan and kyungsoo had started teaching, Minseok worked at a coffee shop occasionally. Sehun was the only pack member still at university, at the age of 22.

It was winter and sehun was on winter break. Everyone had taken a rest from work to enjoy the winter. In order to refresh an ancient pact with another clan, the alpha and the beta along with Minseok, had left for another part of the city.  Kyungsoo’s  grandmother had been attacked by an unknown group of wolves and was now severely wounded. Her wish had been to spend some time with her beloved grandson and thus, kyungsoo was gone for a while. The only members left at home, were sehun, Yixing, luhan, junmyeon and jongdae.

        With only five members present, the huge house was quite silent. luhan would usually resort to reading one of his novels while junmyeon would be busy gardening. Apart from patrolling, sehun and Yixing and jongdae would watch movies all day long and play video games.  It was starting to get boring for all.

 

  It was while eating dinner that they caught the scent. Everyone became silent for a moment and began sniffing the air, trying to make out the scent of the wolf .it turned out to be the scent of an unknown lone wolf near the border of their territory .  Sehun and jongdae jumped to their feet, turned into their wolf forms and made a run towards the direction of the scent, while Yixing stayed back to protect the omegas. 

  They ran as fast as they could. It could be anything, a spy, a murderer, or even a psycho. They had to keep it off their territory to protect their members. As they ran faster the scent continued to grow stronger. Either the wolf was overconfident or plain stupid, because it chose to remain wherever it was. It didn’t try to run away from the approaching danger.

   sehun started to slow down as he neared the border and gestured to jongdae to do the same. The wolf was nearby, near the stream that ran along their territory. The two of them hid behind a tree and peered to get a good glimpse of the enemy they were soon to face. But what they saw made them freeze.

   Crouching by the edges of the stream , trying to drink water , was a tiny wolf. most probably a pup. It had a deep gash near its neck and several other cuts all along its body, the dried blood covering the fur in a brownish red hue. But what had caught the two other wolves attention was the pure white fur. White furred wolves were extremely rare, very few people had ever seen them and it was an established fact that they were always omegas. It was a saying that wolves that were born with such fur were the most fertile of all the omegas. But there was a setback to this ability as,  such wolves were very weak and needed to be protected.

The pup was bent awkwardly over the edge, sehun noticed as soon as he got out of his trance. It’s hind legs were bent strangely and as it stooped down for more water , it whimpered almost pathetically.

Jongdae looked over at sehun as if to ask him, as to what they were supposed to do. The new wolf was clearly harmless at the moment. It would take a snap of their giant paws to kill it within a second. But something in both their hearts stopped them from harming the poor creature. Maybe it was awe, maybe it was pity, but both sehun and Jongdae moved out from behind the tree and slowly and gently began approaching the wolf that was too busy drinking water to notice the two approaching figures...



Hi!! I know I am a horrible person because I keep promising to update but I never do..

sorry for that... but please don't hate me. I finally posted the 1st chapter!!

I hope you like it!!!!! please do comment and subcribe :)

thankyou for bearing with me. The chapter is short though, I'll try to do better in the next chapter. :D