Stage Eleven: Fack the System

The Problem With Tao's Aegyo

       It was a good day to be Kris. Suddenly, Kris felt light hearted and as though the weight off his shoulders were lifted. Kris knew that before he could confront Tao about the whole situation, he had to talk to Lay first. Whether he was upset with him or not, Lay was still a brother. They were all brothers. As if the universe was urging him on, Kris soon spotted Chen and Lay walking towards him back from the movies. 

"Hey hyung!" Chen greeted.

"He made me watch a scary movie." Lay remarked in Chinese.

     Chen gave a sympathetic look to Lay and put an arm around him. 

"Don't be so upset Xing! I'm sure Suho will Suho us. Get it? Cuz... Suho means... Protect... In.. Korean..."

     Lay and Kris shared a look of disbelief before Kris spoke to Lay. This time their conversation was in Korean so that Chen could understand.

"Hey Yixing, can I talk to you for a moment? It's about the radio show we have to do in China in a few weeks."

"Yeah, sure gege." Lay turned to face Chen before saying, "Thanks for the movie Chenchen. I'll see you inside."

"Kay, bye!" Chen said before jogging back to their dorms. 

     As soon as Chen was out of earshot, Lay turned to face his Duizhang again.

"Is it about Tao...?" Lay hesitantly asked. They naturally flowed back into Chinese now that the other was gone.

     Kris was a little shocked about the sudden question. 

"Um... Yeah. How did you know?"

"I kinda figured gege. He talks about you a lot... He actually told me that he liked you. That's why I got dumped." Lay griminced slightly at the thought, but then quickly contorted his face into a signature Lay grin.

"If you're wondering if I'm fine, I'm not. But I'll get over it eventually. It's not the first time I've dated and have been dumped. It goes away after a while anyway. So... If you're asking for my blessing, or whatever... You have it. Don't worry too much gege. As long as Tao's happy right? You'll make him happy. You guys are like brothers to me anyway. I'm fine. Really." *Yawn and stretch* "I'm tired... I guess all that being a scaredy cat at the movies wore me out. I'll see you in the morning! Good night gege!"

     Before Kris could even open his mouth, Lay was disappearing into the dorm leaving Kris outside by himself. He knew that Lay was hurt more than he liked to mention. He knew that what Lay felt for Tao was real. And he was the one to take it away from him. As much as Lay was important to him, he had to face Tao now that he knew what Tao was really thinking. He wouldn't let his Baby feel hurt anymore. If Kris drew anymore tears out of the little Panda boy, he didn't know what he would do with himself. 

     Kris sighed outloud, and made his way into the dorms. He sat on the armchair farthest from the door and pretended to watch TV while he was actually reviewing what he would say. 

Do I just come out and say it? What if it's too straightforward? What if I faint in the middle because I get too mesmerized by his beauty? Or maybe what Kyungsoo said was actually a joke. No one can ever tell with that poker face of his. But he was smiling... He never smiles. Unless it's like a sadistic smile. It was actually genuine. I'm gonna decide that I like Kyungsoo. He's pretty alright. Off topic. Agh, Tao...

     In the midst of grumbling to himself, Suho and Tao walked in the front door; Suho with his arms full of shopping bags. Kris could just tell with one look that Suho's wallet did some dieting. Suho said something about his limbs and back doing tidal waves while Tao just froze in his spot and look right at Kris. He made a face that looked to be something of determination and stomped right over to where Kris was standing. The other offered a smile before standing up to match the height.

"Hey Tao, listen, I --"

"Gege, I have to talk to you. In private please."

"Okay, but Tao, I --"

"Right now please!"

     Tao grabbed Kris' wrist and walked out the door into the parking lot. Any other normal person would be sleeping at this hour. Tao eventually stopped and faced the older. He waited for some sort of signal to ensure that his gege was listening, so Kris gave a small nod.

"GEGE I LIKE YOU SO PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!" Tao shut his eyes and held his breath while his hands became fists at his side.

     Any other normal person would have hugged the other, or perhaps even kissed them if they were bold. But alas, it is Kris Wu in this story, so what happened was to be expected. Kris just stood there with his mouth agape and his eyes looking close to Kyungsoo's. Not hearing or feeling any sort of response, Tao slowly opened his eyes to see a disgusted looking Kris.

I knew it! I shouldn't have said anything. Look and see for yourself Zitao! Look how he's so disgusted by you that he can't even shut his mouth anymore. Oh great, you've damaged his saliva glands. He's drooling!

 

Oh my God Kris Wu. Show a response. Nod your head, take his hand. Do a dance! Something!! Why can't I move?

 

     After an internal war with himself, Kris finally managed to squeak out something after seeing Tao's eyes rimmed with tears. 

"What gege? I didn't understand."

"Y..You...You're beautiful." Kris felt his face flush red as his hands went up to cover his face. 

"I'm sorry... What?"

"YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL TAO I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT SO! I was supposed to be the one to ask you out, but here I am. I'm a stupid chicken. A stupid, stupid, chicken."

"Does that mean you'll date me?"

"Do I have to buy you bags?"

"Every subscription."

"Deal."

     Tao smiled after hearing that. 50% from the butterflies knowing that Kris liked him, and 50% from the promise of new bags. The two boys stared into eachother's eyes until Tao let out a visable shiver. 

"Let's go inside Taozi. I don't want my boyfriend to be cold."

Boyfriend Tao thought. We're boyfriends. He let out a small giggle and covered his face with his hands.

"What? Was it something I said?"

"Gege, you're just super cute."

     It was Kris' turn to blush this time, and then the two love struck boys went back to the dorms. Tao slept exceptionally well that night, knowing that Kris was actually his. Kris on the other hand sat next to his bed, pulling out a box filled to the brim with notebooks. Each of them were labeled with hearts with a "T" in the middle of them. He smiled to himself and shook his head a little in disbelief. These were the notebooks that contained plans that he thought that he had oh so carefully designed to get Tao to at least spare him a glance. Turns out he didn't even need them. All the steps and stages that he had wrote down sounded so stupid now. He picked up a pen and wrote down what would be the last step. Fack the System. He didn't put the actual word because he planned on giving this particular notebook to Tao later as an anniversery present, and he didn't want to put bad words into his baby's head.

the system es. the system. 

     Kris slept well that night also.

A/N: Hello again! So much fluff, I think I'm gonna barf rainbows. Okay, Taoris are FINALLY together. But will they be for long? I'm sensing angst... Sad Lay? I'm sensing new ship... Kaisoo? I'm sensing ! See you later guys! :)

By the way... Has anyone read "Transcending"? It's a BAP Younglo ship about time travel and stuff where Zelo is a robot and uses binary code. Also confusing as . The author has deleted their account, and it's one of my favorite fics. If anyone has a copy, or has access to this author, PLEASE let me know! Thanks so much!!